GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
Stoopid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry guys, my mistake. When I compiled the
> calendar from the voting results that John posted,
> I was under the impression that we were to use the
> post 95 layout. I didn't realise that the 91
> version had more votes. I will sort out the magic
> data for the 91 track for this seasons settings
> and send to Greg.

Ok. I'll run full qualify and race on the pre '95 Imola. I'll just have to think of what to say that explains why the track has changed.

A crack in the space time continuum maybe? :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I'm glad to have gained some positions. Still haven't found the pace yet.
Wow, very pleased with my ability to stay on the track. One tricky corner there.

Re: GPGSL S8 Round 12 -Imola - San Marino Grand Prix
Date: May 27, 2013 07:48AM
Posted by: Gigi4
Who said that test series is useless? They tested well all the track (and offtrack) and provided great feedback: better use time machine and race in 1991 ( hey, I'll race before I'm even born, cool!).

Very pleased with that result, keeping my nose out of trouble and brining the car home in one piece in clearly treacherous conditions ;) I'm starting to build some momentum into the end of the year so hoping for a strong finish to the season.
I'm having problems with CSM. It was working fine the other day when I ran the tester's qualifying and race, now it won't even load the driver's mod. All it does is loads default GP4. How can I fix this? Until I can manage to get the mod to load, the full qualifying is on hold.

Well, as a team owner, i am going to ask the question (and let me say first, i am not that concerned - got plenty of other big, real world things to worry about, believe me!!!), but....

With the debacle of so many cars running off at "that" corner in the test race, can we get a re-run at the correct version of the track???!!! My driver Seb was robbed of a victory, or podium at the bare minimum. Speaking as the pissed off team owner, that annoys me!! I would love a re-run of this event, to give ALL drivers a better chance at a deserved result...

And as i said, I have plenty of real world issues that far outweigh the concern over GPGSL results, so i AM NOT wanting to start a whole "blame or sook" thread! Just asking the question, as a Team Owner. I am happy for the results to stand, but would naturally welcome a re-run too!!(H)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
I'm completely happy if the result stands. ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
All I can say is that if a re-run was to happen, I would only be posting the results. Too much trouble going back and redoing the coverage.

My POW should be clear on this issue, a re-run would be kind-of nice. However I will not complain, if the re-run doesn't take place. It happened not only to me but to Dan Mills who finished behind me. As did it to many other drivers but Dan and me both lost the win because of it.
Obivously I'm not feeling well about this race but I (try to) think that "That's racing". It also happened in real Formula 1 that one person or team lost a race because of driver error (David Coulthard crashing in the pitlane Australia 1995) or technical defect (maybe Michael Schumacher 2006 Japan). Yes, it does not explain the lack of a decent CC-line for this special corner but atleast it happens in RL too.
So yeah, I don't feel great about the race and even the thought mentioned above doesn't really help on this issue. A re-run would be great for me but I definitely can understand if Jo-Anne would complain thinking about a re-run on another track. Also this would mean re-running the qualifying as well and I don't know whether I'd be out front again.
Greetings
Sebastian
We didn't re run any races at the start of the season and I don't think we should re run any races now. There's less of an argument for in this situation and its pretty unfair after so much effort had been made to post this race

I don't think it would be fair on Greg to redo the race...we just gotta accept that it is what it is. I know it "disbenefits" Seb somewhat, but we've gotta draw out the positives and that we CAN be competitive here.

As long as the track's sorted for the main race, I'm happy.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Get in! 9th is better, though still 8 places shy I where I wanna be...
As a driver I can understand the frustration of some people. It's surely annoying if you lose out a very good place or even win to a buggy track. But as a GPGSL board member I agree with Tom. We've had buggy tracks in the past and never did a re-run, so it's clearly not going to happen this time, too. It's something that everybody has to deal with and nobody can guarantee that people who lost out this time wouldn't end up at the bottom of the field in the next race anyway. Not to mention the big effort that has been put in the coverage already.
For the main race the less buggy track will be used, though, to prevent another race like this.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I am 99% fine to leave the results as they are. Everyone knows this is "just" a game, and we all have viewed the race coverage, and know what could have happened. Dan Mills got screwed, so did Sebastian Nell, but hey, that is the GP4 racing gods for you!

Let us move on....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
I knew there was a catch! A girl won on the wrong track!!! So predictable...
Re-run re-run re-run!!! ;)

It is not going to happen, go to Bunnings, buy some wood, build a bridge, get over it. ;)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Why should there be a re-run, things like this happen. Its a bit like the 2002 Australian GP where only 6 cars finished.

And yes I am speaking with my team owners cap on now, its one of the only opportunities that the back teams have to get a good result.

Not everything should be geared to the front running teams because there car happened to run of the road.

Big whoop, get over it.

This page is now 2 cents richer.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy