GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
>
> I love the little side shots of the cars on the
> first page. I've always wanted to know how to do
> that

Yeah, same thing! How are they done???!!!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Considering that Stu asked me for z3d tires not long ago, I assume that he used ZModeler to make a side picture with white background, then resized the picture in a picture program (Photoshop or GIMP) and inserted in here. That's pretty simple.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Results Track Voting Runoff

Sepang 10
Singapore 9
--------------------------------------------
Zandvoort 8
Boromo 8
--------------------------------------------
Indianapolis 7

Sepang and Singapore will be added to the calender. Zandvoort and Boromo will be allotted and the last track will be announced as soon as it has been decided how the drawing will be worked out.

Again a fantastic OTL issue, Jake :)

Also a nice idea to add the gridcars to the first post.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Fantastic things guys. The magazine is awesome, the cars on P1 look great, and we're about to start!

Wouldn't mind doing activity checks if any benevolent soul gives me some advice or tips on how to do it efficiently.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Considering that Stu asked me for z3d tires not
> long ago, I assume that he used ZModeler to make a
> side picture with white background, then resized
> the picture in a picture program (Photoshop or
> GIMP) and inserted in here. That's pretty simple.

I think everyone was hinting more at the perfectly flat plane of view that the gridcars have.

If you just open ZModeler and move the car to a side-on view, it's in a perspective view so the wing endplates don't appear to match up.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
I did them in zmodeler :) It has 4 views, front, top and side as well as 3d. Then print screen, paste to psp, cut and paste side view to a new image and resize... easy ;)

I would like to do the gridcars the same way for the mod, but I'm not sure how to handle the transparency of the gpi's.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 06:14PM by Stoopid.
Stoopid schrieb:
> I did them in zmodeler :) It has 4 views, front,
> top and side as well as 3d. Then print screen,
> paste to psp, cut and paste side view to a new
> image and resize... easy ;)
>
> I would like to do the gridcars the same way for
> the mod, but I'm not sure how to handle the
> transparency of the gpi's.

I could do the gpi's for you :). As I can't really explain the way I do them ;)

EDIT: Ok, seems that I myself can't really remember how I did them, they just don't look good anymore ;)

Some mods

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 08:37PM by kedy89.
Van Smirren Minardi - Motori Moderni press release

After the schock retirement of Dean Kittleson we did not have much time to find a replacing driver.
However we've succeeded in doing just that.

Ofcourse we are very sad to see a great person as Dean leave our team, we would have loved to work together with him until the length of days but unfortunately he felt otherwise oblioged. We respect that and want to wih shim succes and good luck in all his future endeavours.

BUT, we might consider ourselves very lucky this time around as we of VSM are thrilled to announce the signing of mega-talent and season 2 WDC John Warrington.
With John next to Ben Johnson next season we can only target an huge improvement. We are aiming for top 4 in the WCC. Its an hard task we dont expect miracles on the first day but with our hard work and the skill of our drivers this must be an possibility. We want to bring this team back to the top step by step.

We want to thank Tom Pellatt for releasing John from his testing duties in order to let him race or VSM in Season 8 of this EPIC league.

End of - hugely unproffessional but effective - press release

(Yes my english is deteriorating, i'm very sorry.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
kedy89 Schreef:
> Stoopid schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I did them in zmodeler :) It has 4 views,
> front,
> > top and side as well as 3d. Then print screen,
> > paste to psp, cut and paste side view to a new
> > image and resize... easy ;)
> >
> > I would like to do the gridcars the same way
> for
> > the mod, but I'm not sure how to handle the
> > transparency of the gpi's.
>
>
> I could do the gpi's for you :). As I can't really
> explain the way I do them ;)
>
>
> EDIT: Ok, seems that I myself can't really
> remember how I did them, they just don't look good
> anymore ;)
> [i1057.photobucket.com]
> nstiges/th_Unbenannt-1.jpghttp://i1057.photobucket
> .com/albums/t387/kedy89/Sonstiges/th_zz_preview2.j
> pg

The transparency is good. However you will never be able to exactly lose the edge - best to make the background of the .tga image black, so the outline isn't white but black. This makes it blend in more with the GP4 background

Shots are made in Zmodeler, by using the 'Left' or 'Right' window the car is 100% aligned, so no perspective as in the 3d view. Then you gotta disable all the 'grid' lines to make the background as smooth as possible.
Best for them is to have no anti-aliasing permitted in zmodeler so edges are always pixelated, makes selecting and deleting background easier (after resize the edges will smooth out). I prefer to have a very bright green background and make print screen, then it's just cut and paste into a transparent new image.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
John Warrington Reaction to VSM signing

It's all a bit of a blur really, it's happened so fast. It certainly wasn't in my plans. As far as I was concerned I was testing for my old team TSM and I was very happy to be doing so. However, Rico came in stating he wanted me following the retirement of Dean Kittleson. I originally said that I would race for them if they couldn't find anyone else but Rico was adamant that he wanted me to race for his team and now I am. I hope to gain some points this season in the battle for 4th in the constructors but I'm not expecting miracles. I guess it's a case of seeing what happens and going from there.

I think you made a mistake John.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
MDBSnake Wrote:

> Shots are made in Zmodeler, by using the 'Left' or
> 'Right' window the car is 100% aligned, so no
> perspective as in the 3d view. Then you gotta
> disable all the 'grid' lines to make the
> background as smooth as possible.
> Best for them is to have no anti-aliasing
> permitted in zmodeler so edges are always
> pixelated, makes selecting and deleting background
> easier (after resize the edges will smooth out). I
> prefer to have a very bright green background and
> make print screen, then it's just cut and paste
> into a transparent new image.

As soon as i move from the default 3d view, where my car textures show up fine, the textures then disappear once i move to left/right or any other view?? Any quick fix on how to solve that issue??

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
dark. wizard. magic.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
From memory, I think you have to right click somewhere in the corner of the 4 windows (same place where you choose the view top, left, front etc) and there will be a texture menu at the bottom of that list and a tickbox to say 'show texture'. That'll stop it being white/purple.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Thanks Maikel :). I guess that was what I did different the last time, looks way better now.

@Stu: If you want I can send you the gpi's :)

Some mods
Top work on the magazine Jake, a great read! I now want a flan though... I wonder why...

I've been working on the standings tables lately, mainly to make them easier to handle. I also played around with the design a bit. Which colors for the positions & results would you prefer?

Some mods
IMO: 1-3 is fine in the first column.
Since we have a new points system where everybody reaching the finish line gets points, I'd personally split it like this.

4-10: The dark blue (first column)

11-end: The dark green (first column)

DNF, the dark red one (second column)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
kedy89 Wrote:
> Thanks Maikel :). I guess that was what I did
> different the last time, looks way better now.
>
> [i1057.photobucket.com]
> nstiges/th_preview1.jpghttp://i1057.photobucket.co
> m/albums/t387/kedy89/Sonstiges/th_preview2.jpg
>
> @Stu: If you want I can send you the gpi's :)

Looks good to me, especially with that Christel on pole ;)

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy