GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
I better get a car ready, just on the off-chance the list goes down to me...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
The Press Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> *dusts off notepad in great anticipation*

Write this, I'm done with this place again :-[.
Calendar looks good, sorry I didn't get time to vote :(

X (@ed24f1)
Perhaps it would be just simpler to allocate the new team ART's race numbers, much as we did in Season 1 when Team RAC dropped out.

Coincidentally they were actually replaced by Alpha which later morphed into ART.

Obviously the new team would still be allocated the starter perf.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry to see ART close down, I always had a soft spot for them as it was the team I used to own. But I respect the decision Stefan, thanks for having the courage to make it!

X (@ed24f1)
Now that I am home from work, i can add a couple of my thoughts to the possible departure of ART, and a newly arriving team.

From a personal view, it is a shame to see a long term team going away, but this opens the door for a new team. Hope all the drivers from ART find a seat with the new team, or existing ones!

And from the Team Owner point of view : Any new team MUST be below Demon Racing in the garage order. The perfs need to be the bare basic starting perf just like my team is beginning life with, and that is something I know GPGSL will enforce.
Taking the stubborn Team Owner hat off, and the realistic hat going on, i personally dont have a problem with any new team taking the current slot of ART, if a new team arrives. It doesn't matter much. The perf ratings will sort things out, and I look forward to doing battle with another brand new team. Without knowing how far down the track the building of the mod is, or how much work it is to re-arrange the team order/drivers for any new teams' arrival, i would however (as the Demon Racing boss) like to see any new team in that 11th slot, and Demon in 10th.

Whatever happens, I am sure things will work themselves out.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Like I already wrote, the new team will of course start with the starter perf and it will also get the last grid slot in the mod. This will ensure that performance-wise the new team will have no advantage over Demon Racing.

To keep things simpler I personally wouldn't have a problem with the new team keeping the ART numbers though. It's just a little detail that has absolutely no effect on the performance. But at the same time I think it's no big deal for the few teams behind ART to have new numbers ready. It's not a major change. But the easiest solution is, I guess, to ask the new team (whoever takes it in the end) to have three livery versions ready. One with #22 and #23, one with #24 and #25 and one with the current ART numbers. IF the other teams manage ALL to change their numbers, the new team will be allocated #22 and #23. If not, we can still see whether they get #24 #25 or the ART numbers. The same goes obviously for the test team numbers.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
What a mess guys. :|

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
This is easy to solve.

All team managers affected BELOW ART should vote whether you want them to have the lowest numbers.

Or vote to keep the new team numbers to what the current ART has for this season as it is so late in the day.

The bottom line is that its a case of if/can the managers fix the numbers on their liveries. It is easy, but if the majority say no, then so be it.

As most cars have just been changed/released, files should not have been lost so updates can be done quickly and relatively easily.

It's quite a small matter, but those affected should just say and take the winning verdict as it only bothers them.

Most of those teams haven't released a car, so number changing would have to be done anyway. I guess its the rest of the CSM package that gets messed up.

I wouldn't mind keeping the same numbers every year, just change the winner or so.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Best thing to do is to just allocate ARTs numbers to whoever replace them

Simple as that, it's easy to change a team pit position, much less hassle than making all the other teams change their numbers

Only problem with your suggestion Dan would be that some people would fight over numbers

I mean I'm sure Mansell fans would want numbers 5 & 6, and Ferrari fans would want 27 & 28

I want 11 & 12!!!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I'd want 5 & 6 or 19 & 20 personally

Or reduce the hassle completely and just give the new team ART's old numbers.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Statement regarding ART's Departure.

The GPGSLRS are sorry to learn of Stefan van Renselaar's decision to withdraw ART from the GPGSL. However, we fully understand his reasons and respectfully accept his decision.

As ART solely earned the right to use numbers 14 & 15, these numbers will be retired for the duration of Season 8. The new team will be allocated numbers 24 & 25 and will have to occupy the last slot in the mod. All teams below ART will move up one position in the pitlane. Rodrigo Vilela is top of the reserve teams list with One Racing, it is now up to him to decide if he takes the vacant spot in the GPGSL paddock.

What's the point of that, that way every teams test drivers numbers will be wrong

Much easier to just hand them ARTs numbers, less hassle for everyone, I doubt any of the teams that finished below ART are going to cry about it

The test teams will remain as they are. This was all done to save me the hassle of rewriting the mod and the perf calculator. It will mean only a slight tinkering of both

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 07:09PM by Stoopid.
Well then can we refrain from having any numbers on test cars from now on as it seems they are not relevant anyway

C'mon guys, let's stop fussing over nothing...they're just numbers.

They've got numbers that save most of the hassle, so let's leave it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 07:15PM by Incident 2k9.
Ferrari2007

What's the point of that, that way every teams test drivers numbers will be wrong

Much easier to just hand them ARTs numbers, less hassle for everyone, I doubt any of the teams that finished below ART are going to cry about it.

Imo, no point in handing anyone ART's numbers as remodifing cars for painters/mod compilers will be a hassle as we're so close to the compiling stage.
so, lads/ladies, what´s new? Havent really been active for some time hehehe.
When are we kicking off? =)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy