GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
Have the Pirelli tyre walls been decided on yet?

If so then can they be shared in this thread please

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
How's the testers Q&A progressing, Dan? Looking forward to it :)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Sorry mate, I'd completely forgotten all about it tbh

I'll get it posted tonight for everyone

I'm planning to use these Pirelli tyres by Lee.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
GPGSL Test Drivers Press Conference, Silverstone, Round 17 of Season 7

Welcome to the Test Drivers Press Conference here at Silverstone as we conclude the seventh season of the Grand Prix Super League.

It is my pleasure to welcome the guys with me today...

Tobias Kederer, the Test Drivers Champion of Season 7, and future TSM race driver.

Owen Edwards, who gains a promotion to a race seat for Season 8 replacing Glen Edwards at True North Racing.

Jake Legge, who is moving to the new Demon Racing team to partner ex Test Drivers Champion Zsigmond Somogyi.

Dominic Brunner, the Austrian rookie who moves across to the new look Snake Motor Sports for next season.

Monil Santilal, returning to the GPGSL with MPR for season 8 after 3 seasons away partying with supermodels around the world.

Joseph Gilson, the new man to partner GPGSL veteran Ross Cartwright at Southern Cross.

Sebastian Nell, another driver to join Owen Edwards new Demon Racing Team for season 8.

While finally, but by no means least...

Connor Steer, finally rewarded with a full time race seat in the GPGSL for next season as he moves to Snake Motor Sports to take over from the absent Karjalainen and Worseling.

Now lets get onto the Q&A... First Question!

How satisfied are you with your/team’s performance this season. Did you expect more or less from Season 7?

Tobias Kederer: I'm very satisfied with my performance during this season. To be honest, I didn't expect to win the Testers’ Championship, especially not with such a big gap. I knew that I had the car and also the pace to go for it, but I thought it would be much closer.

Owen Edwards: It's been a mixed bag, I have to say. My performances for True North in the Testers' Championship were disappointing. I'd hoped for more. But then when the chance came to race at Snake someone obviously must've noticed me and I got my chance. Even though the results weren't there, compared to Tommi, I felt my performances were strong and we should've scored some points at Phillip Island. Then when I got the switch to fill in for Glen as he prepared Demon I feel I really stepped up and we've run solidly in the points at every race weekend, scoring well along the way.

Jake Legge: I probably expected a little more, considering the team managed 4th last season. We've by no means had a terrible year though.

Dominic Brunner: I'm not driven for so long at the team so I don't know exactly what the expectation for Alpha was, but I guess it was to be the best. And I guess 6th or 7th at the end is a little disappointing for the team.

Monil Santilal: After a tough Season 6, it was a good battle with TNR to clinch that vital 3rd place in the Constructors’ Championship, so, all in all, not a bad performance for the team.

Joseph Gilson: I'm not happy with my performance. The second half of the season just kept getting worse for me. I'm sure the team would like to be higher than the 9th place we have at the moment, so it's not been the best season.

Sebastian Nell: As I am a new driver, I couldn't expect anything for me. Also, I only know Scala as a back marker, so nothing was to be expected from them either. Therefore, I can't comment on my team's performance. Mine was quite good for a rookie driver.

Connor Steer: My performance this season is a bit strange. Last season I would have been quite satisfied with the haul of points I’ve achieved this season, 42 officially registered points blows my previous record of 8 in a season out the water. But then when you look at what Gary has achieved, I feel like I’ve perhaps underachieved in comparison to what the car can do. Did it frustrate me that a rookie walked in and outperformed me by a million miles having already been in for a good 20 races? Perhaps, but this feeling was only at myself, never at Gary. He has had a fantastic season and looks like an outstanding prospect for the team. So whilst my I have done better than I’ve ever done, I still feel in regards to my team, I have underperformed.

In regards to my team's performance, well wow. Two podiums and a 5th place Constructors’ finish in only our second season? Its outstanding, and all credit to Michael and Jack for getting us there. Both those two are fantastic drivers, and all credit to them for their performances, they have deserved them. With the team’s performance, well for this season MAC and Snake were probably our main competitive benchmarks, and to secure 5th place must surely been seen as an over-achievement. The team deserve all the success they have got this season though, we have all worked really hard and pushed the team forward as much as you can, and come out with very rewarding results. Add on top of that a stunning 4th place finish in the GPGCL, and you have a fantastic season!

What would be you high point of the season? Similarly, what would be your low point?

Tobias Kederer: They were pretty close together. My high point was the Hungarian GP as I could win the Testers’ Championship, which was a fantastic moment, and a great weekend. The next GP, my home race, was an absolute low point. I was very motivated to show a good performance, and in the end it was my worst result of the season.

Owen Edwards: I guess it's got to be my 4th place at Hungaroring although taking the fastest lap by a country mile at the Nürburgring last time out was also nice. I'm not sure there's really been an actual low point. The first half of the season was just too inconsistent.

Jake Legge: High point? Either getting my first podium at Spa or being offered the Demon race seat by Glen. A low point would probably be the Surfers' tester race, as I managed to throw away a 2nd place.

Dominic Brunner: I only drove 4 tests, so I can't really say which the best and worst moments were for me. Oh wait, best moment was to sign a contract with a team.

Monil Santilal: N/A

Joseph Gilson: I think the start of the season would be my high point, as they had feature races, and I scored points in two of the three opening rounds. Low point would be the last race of the season, a 21st finish at my home circuit to give me my worst result of the season.

Sebastian Nell: The best point was my points finish in Austria. It was a big surprise for me, being able to score 4 points in my first season in the Testers’ Championship. It was a really special moment for me. A low point? To this question I can’t really comment. I have a safe contract for next year and I was able to join the league, so nothing to say here really.

Connor Steer: Low point... probably most of the races before Phillip Island! My points total before that race was a pitiful 14, whilst Gary had 1 win and 3 other podium finishes. And as they say, your team-mate is your best point of comparison. I checked a little stat out on myself before Phillip Island, and for the entire time I had been in the GPGSL, I had averaged less than 1 point per race weekend. Absolutely shocking, I believe the worst record in the GPGSL at that point! As for a high point, the last 5 races have been so much better. My two 5th places have been a fantastic achievement (although saying that, most people would laugh at calling 5th an achievement), as well as the opportunity to race at Snake has been great fun. It's good to see how much I’ve progressed since I started my career testing for SMS. That's no mark on Christel of course, but any opportunity to race is always a good one.

Who/What would you consider to have been the biggest surprise of Season 7?

Tobias Kederer: The performance of the Christels. They had a very good speed at most of the races, and I think they'll get their first win next season.

Owen Edwards: I guess it's got to be Christel challenging us for 4th in the Constructors' Championship.

Jake Legge: Probably Christel VXR. They did an excellent job this season.

Dominic Brunner: As I don't know yet so much, I would say it's Christel VXR. They drive with the #22 and #23 so it looks like they finished on the last place last season.

Monil Santilal: N/A

Joseph Gilson: Christel's performance in the Constructors’ Championship.

Sebastian Nell: I can't tell about the biggest surprise for the league, but for me it was Gianluigi Silvestre having to retire. Suddenly I found myself in a race seat, with two boosts for two races. It was a great moment for me, but I also felt very sorry for Gianluigi to have to end racing for Scala this way.

Connor Steer: Ed Greenhalgh winning haha! No in honesty there are a few things that stick out. The not so brilliant performance of Scala followed by their retirement, the retirement of strong driver John (Warrington) and Marko, the overall performance of Christel. But for me the shock that sticks out is the fantastic start by Gary. 4 races in and he already had 1 win and 2 second places, and I believe sat 2nd in the standings. He just clicked with the car so quickly and managed to pull out the best of the car. It was an absolutely stunning performance, but definitely a surprise!

What are your hopes for Season 8 and beyond?

Tobias Kederer: For the next season I hope to get some podium finishes. A win would be awesome, but I think it'll be very hard to achieve. In future I definitely want to fight for wins and for the title.

Owen Edwards: I hope to continue scoring good results with consistent performances and finally cement myself as a permanent fixture in the GPGSL after three temporary spells on the grid.

Jake Legge: Next season, I hope to get a good haul of points for the team and give the more established runners something to think about. I think the best we can hope for is 10th in the WCC, and hopefully I can help get us there.

Dominic Brunner: I want to show the world that I am a good driver. I practise for this goal every day.

Monil Santilal: Season 8? I return back to the MPR team after a few years out so it'll be great to see the folks again and since my signing, I've been hearing good things from Mr. Windtunnel.

Joseph Gilson: My aim is to consistently score points, and help SCR to move towards the front of the grid.

Sebastian Nell: Getting a good car, maybe even help developing it a bit. I can't do too much sadly, as I'm really new to the series and to the cars. Of course I hope to stay in the league as a driver, and I hope to score the same results as this season. One or two points more would be great, but I am really not expecting points with the new car.

Connor Steer: 4. Season 8, well as you are probably aware I’m testing for Christel VXR, and it’s great to be part of a team moving forward as well as this team does. So like all the team I hope we can keep making steps forward. As for myself, hopefully giving Gary a much better run for his money, and I definitely want to achieve a podium! Breaking the 50 point barrier might be a good numerical value to put on it. Beyond Season 8, in terms of testing I have always told Chris I do not plan to leave Christel for another testing role, and I will honour that. The only team I plan to test at is Christel VXR, but if I get offered a race seat obviously circumstances change. Do I hope I can get a race seat? Of course I do. It would be my 3rd full season of racing and I think I will be ready. Chris has always said he encourages us to get a race seat, so if any opportunities do come up I would jump at the chance, although leaving Christel would naturally be hard.

Finally, what is your favourite livery of the season?

Tobias Kederer: Phew, difficult question, we had many beautiful liveries this season. But if I had to pick one, I'd choose the MAC livery.

Owen Edwards: True North, of course! Although MPR's is very nice too.

Jake Legge: My favourite livery is probably the TSS one. MPR is second, of course.

Dominic Brunner: I liked the Martini livery of MPR. Oldschool!

Monil Santilal: It's a close fight between the Aston and TNR. I have loved the TNR livery since its inception so I guess that wins it. Sorry Stu!

Joseph Gilson: The Christel livery.

Sebastian Nell: The Car of Shame-livery used by TNR at the beginning of the season. It was fun watching a pink car racing with good liveries.

Connor Steer: Favourite livery... tricky one, there are some very good looking liveries out there. I could stick to my roots and say Christel, Snake also looks nice. While the colour scheme of the MPR works really well too. But I think for me it would have to be TSS. They know how to make a car look good over there, as the TSM looks absolutely stunning too, although I’m sure there will be other very good looking cars too, and I look forward to seeing the new Demon Racing car!

There we go, all done. I hope everyone enjoyed the Q&A, my thanks goes to all you guys who made it possible. I sure you'll all also echo my thanks to the GPGSL team, who put a lot of their time into this great league.

I've been involved since the very beginning, and I don't see anything stopping me soon, I mean come on, MPR have to win a Constructors Title at some stage.

So on that note, roll on season 8 and Riva la GPGSL!

Thanks for doing the Q&A Dan...much appreciated :)

I feel my answers were a bit on the succinct side though...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Ferrari2007 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So on that note, roll on season 8 and Riva la
> GPGSL!

Riva?! ;)

but seriously, great stuff once again, i don't even want to imagine the amount of work you put in there

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Great stuff, Dan. I'd forgotten what I'd written!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Wow apologies for the long responses! Didn't realise I had so many words in me. I officially apologise to any press officer who had interviewed me in the past, didn't realise how bored you would her been!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Connor I don't know what to say, you certainly had a lot to share.

Chris you know what I mean! ;)

Glad everyone has enjoyed the Q&A anyway

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Connor I don't know what to say, you certainly had
> a lot to share.
>
> Chris you know what I mean! ;)
>
> Glad everyone has enjoyed the Q&A anyway

Well I guess so, whether that's a good thing I'm not sure.

But yeh good work, really enjoyable read :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Hey guys,

Can I just quickly start of by apologising to Carlos and Rodrigo. I know this probably comes at a bad time and I should have said something earlier, but over the last few weeks I have been thinking about this and yesterday when I was lying awake in bed I made my decision. I’m no longer enjoying myself as a team owner. And I think that is the most important element of a game, as that is still what this is. I have been putting off painting the new livery for weeks now, maybe even months. So what I’m basically trying to say here is that I no longer want to be a team owner in the GPGSL. I know that this causes all kinds of problems this close to the start of the season, but I feel that one of these precious team owner spots should be filled by someone who can enjoy himself with it. It’s funny that when I was starting out in the GPGSL I always wanted to be a team owner and now that I have been a team owner for just three seasons all I at most want to be is a driver..

So if this causes so much problems that I can better stay on for this last season, I will, because I don’t want to be causing problems for everyone involved. I could change the numbers on last season’s car in just a few minutes and we could use that for this last season. But I would be happier if we could find a solution for this situation I’m creating, where I don’t have to be a team boss anymore.

As for driving in the GPGSL. If needed I will fill a spot that needs filling after I created this mess. If that is not needed then I guess other owners could message me with an offer. Depending on that offer I might accept.

Again, I’m sorry for the problems I’m creating
Stefan

racingstefan Wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Can I just quickly start of by apologising to
> Carlos and Rodrigo. I know this probably comes at
> a bad time and I should have said something
> earlier, but over the last few weeks I have been
> thinking about this and yesterday when I was lying
> awake in bed I made my decision. I’m no longer
> enjoying myself as a team owner. And I think that
> is the most important element of a game, as that
> is still what this is. I have been putting off
> painting the new livery for weeks now, maybe even
> months. So what I’m basically trying to say here
> is that I no longer want to be a team owner in the
> GPGSL. I know that this causes all kinds of
> problems this close to the start of the season,
> but I feel that one of these precious team owner
> spots should be filled by someone who can enjoy
> himself with it. It’s funny that when I was
> starting out in the GPGSL I always wanted to be a
> team owner and now that I have been a team owner
> for just three seasons all I at most want to be is
> a driver..
>
> So if this causes so much problems that I can
> better stay on for this last season, I will,
> because I don’t want to be causing problems for
> everyone involved. I could change the numbers on
> last season’s car in just a few minutes and we
> could use that for this last season. But I would
> be happier if we could find a solution for this
> situation I’m creating, where I don’t have to
> be a team boss anymore.
>
> As for driving in the GPGSL. If needed I will fill
> a spot that needs filling after I created this
> mess. If that is not needed then I guess other
> owners could message me with an offer. Depending
> on that offer I might accept.
>
> Again, I’m sorry for the problems I’m
> creating
> Stefan

Taking such a decision always requires time,no need to apologise ;-) I found myself in your exact situation :-)

My GPGSL Career
We still have to chase you with burning sticks.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> We still have to chase you with burning sticks.

That's a small detail ;)

My GPGSL Career
Yikes! Sad news, but looks like One Racing get the nod, and we lose a veteran racer from the main slot.

Wowsers!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Well, if One Racing (that is Rod) is willed to take the slot, there could just be a swap, meaning that Rod takes over the team and goes testing and Stefan fills the racing seat, at least for the start of the season.

But however this turns out, the deadline stands for everybody. There's still enough time to find a solution and get a livery (even if it's only a provisional one for the start) ready.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Very sad to see the announcement.

As John says there is an easy was to fix this, and there is still plenty enough time to get another team in.

Will be interesting to see which new team steps in. Will the grid order be shuffled to accomadate the new team entry? Is only fair I suppose.

Grid order definitely needs to reshuffle, it's only fair. Also with the team perf, so Demon have a playmate :)

I still stand by a universal reset for next season, depending how this years perf changes pan out.

We currently have the same reincarnation of a team still winning from 5+ seasons ago still dominating. If AMR walk it this year and the new perf tweaks do nothing to shake the order at the top significantly, I shall be spearheading the campaign!

Mwahaha!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Of course, IF ART drops out, the team will be shuffled to the last grid position and the team perf will put back to starter perf. That's just what the rules state and ART, even if taken over by one of their drivers, is no exception to it.

That means, however, that all teams behind ART should try to have an alternative version of the livery with changed numbers at hand, decreased just by two numbers obviously.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy