GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would quite like to see Singapore on the
> calendar...might be fun.

Agree, but the race will have less laps than Spa, considering the recent F1 races ;-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Mal, I thought all tracks were now fair game as in regards to use. I actually voted for quite a few tracks that Jorge has worked on as they are top quality and produce interesting racing.

I'd say stuff Monaco and make Singapore the jewel in the crown of the GPGSL. Heck we aren't F1, and have never professed to be.

Also, the race drivers Q&A will be coming shortly. I did originally intend to share it the other night but I've been swamped with my new course and stuff. Hope you all enjoy it, some really good stuff in this one.

I have to give my apologies in regards to the length of the Q&A, but other than cutting people's comments there wasn't a great deal I could do. Hopefully you'll read it all the way through.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
The situation regarding tracks that Jorge has been involved in making has swapped and changed depending on his mood. First he said we could use them, then we couldn't, then we could, now he says we can't. All because of his dislike for one person involved in this series. We will not be held to ransom by one person's vendetta. His attitude is like a little boy taking his football home because he can't get his way with the other boys he was playing with. The circuits are in the public domain, so are available for us to use. I am prepared to give him credit for his circuits we use. If he doesn't want certain people using his tracks, then he shouldn't release them. I tried to be reasonable with him and work towards a solution, but to no avail. In fact I have now received a thinly veiled threat from him and frankly I have decided not to engage in any further communication with him. I know he will probably read this and will have me banned from GP4Forever because of this, then so be it.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Don't worry Tru, no offence. I understood you were talking about the track. :-)

Obviously, I voted for Monaco, because it's a prestigious track that deserves to be in a championship, even if it produces boring race.

Btw, I'm pretty sure everybody here watch Monaco F1 on TV every year and take pleasure of doing it, even if it's a boring race. Take a look at this year : every driver following the ones behind ahead of him and waiting for them to pit. And remember how they get exited at around ten laps of the end when they all realised that none of them will pit no more. hot
That was a little "train-train" and annoying, but what a race !

Btw, maybe we should play it as a short video coverage, something like this : start and first laps, crashes, pittings, over-takings (well, there won't be many), last lap(s) and finish line. Just a thought obviously.

EDIT : Corrected my bad english. Sorry guys

truecrysis Wrote:
> Sorry Eric, I meant the track in GP4, not the
> nation itself, in fact I love the place! ;-)
>
> To be fair the new weather rule may help tracks
> such as Monaco out. In the Gpgnc I try and
> allocate realistic weather, except in the case of
> Monaco where I automatically applied rain for this
> very reason. As that's the case anyway in GPGSL
> I'm sure it will work put decently.
>
> We all need to get back in our cars, we're getting
> tetchy without them ;)
>
> EricMoinet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > truecrysis écrivait:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > The comments about the GPGNC are much
> > appreciated
> > > Dan, but i agree at about the effect Oran
> Park
> > > has, and to be fair the more boring the race,
> > the
> > > less motivated the RD involved will be with
> the
> > > entire process. Generally i find the A1 ring
> to
> > be
> > > fine, but your thoughts mirror how i feel
> about
> > > Monaco completely. The only reason it was
> > actually
> > > included in the GPGNC was because it
> represented
> > a
> > > certain country. The race's on it are
> > continually
> > > boring, and i pretty much don't like doing
> > them,
> > > because the coverage tends to be pretty
> boring
> > > too. But hey, if thats what people want to
> see!
> > >
> > > Pretty much every track is fine by me, its
> > simply
> > > my hate of Monaco ;)
> >
> > Meh !! :-(

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 08:43PM by EricMoinet.
I liked Monaco till '85 where for the last time the fast chicane after the tunnel was being used.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I understand that there's people in the series that want his tracks in the calendar(me too) and I don't think that there's the time to fix this for this season. But I think that from S9 we should just avoid to use his tracks. There are other nice tracks apart from the ones he created.

My GPGSL Career
senna9194 Wrote:
> I understand that there's people in the series
> that want his tracks in the calendar(me too) and I
> don't think that there's the time to fix this for
> this season. But I think that from S9 we should
> just avoid to use his tracks. There are other nice
> tracks apart from the ones he created.

Why? Then he wins...

The permission policy rule is there for this reason. We give him credit; it advertises his track for other people and we get a good race. It's a win-win situation for everyone as far as I'm concerned.

The conversation would be:
"Hey, that GPGSL race at (insert track here) was great! Where can I get that track?"
"Oh, Jorge Caranti made it. You can get it at (insert website here)"
"Great, thanks!"

Don't see what the problem is.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
As predicted:

You have been banned for the following reason:
GPGSL and any league dont have permission to use the tracks that drt01 and me published together. We also dont apply the new permission policy because we dont use other forums mandatory. I try to reason with him and he never answered any of the PMs

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Contary to what Mr Caranti says in this message, he didn't try to reason with me, he just ranted and made threats. Oh well! LOL!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Wrote:
> As predicted:
>
>
> You have been banned for the following reason:
> GPGSL and any league dont have permission to use
> the tracks that drt01 and me published together.
> We also dont apply the new permission policy
> because we dont use other forums mandatory. I try
> to reason with him and he never answered any of
> the PMs
>
> Date the ban will be lifted: Never
>
>
> Contary to what Mr Caranti says in this message,
> he didn't try to reason with me, he just ranted
> and made threats. Oh well! LOL!

As far as I'm concerned, no legal backing = track is fair game to use.

If an automotive designer produced a car which the company put into production, they wouldn't say "Hey, Bob, you're an anus. You're not allowed to buy the car I designed".

I can imagine Jorge living everyday with bitterness towards us lot, not for any real reason. It's just something to pass the time, I guess...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2012 10:58PM by Incident 2k9.
Jorge being a tw@t once again. Needless to say, I'm not surprised.

You Sir, have hit the nail on the head, apart from the fact we are going well off topic here, I for one cannot deny the community the use of tracks that are in the public domain just because of his dislike for a couple of people on this site.
First we could use them, then we couldn't, then we could, and now we cannot. A ridiculous situation in any case. However, the reality of the situation is we will use them, and if Jorge wants to sue the GPGSL, he can go right ahead. He should go to his local hardware store, buy some timber, build a bridge and get over it.
I don't hold grudges, not my nature, and I'm not even going to ban him. Why should I? What would that prove? That I can lower myself to the same level of behaviour? Like his refusal to engage in a civil discussion with Stu, it is preferable for him to hurl abuse and then toss them off his site denying them the right of reply, that is an easy thing to do, when you hide behind the anonymity of a keyboard. So it would be pointless on my behalf to indulge myself in such a fashion, I am a better man than that. Logic, reason and goodwill should prevail, and here it does.
He should go on Skype, or make a video, and have a face to face discussion with all the members of the community and the GPGSL management, and tell all of us to our faces about his bitterness and hatred, whether we would actually care to listen to such abuse is another matter, I doubt we could be bothered.
Anyway, as I said, we have the right, and we will use it. I care little for his bitterness, it is his choice to wallow in it, not mine.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
just thinking: Wtf has happend to get such a thing running, the scene with Jorge. Maybe I'll find it out, just reading after 6 seasons GPGSL-history ^^
not valid anymore, not commenting, why.

On a side note, quite funny to read:

SchueyFan
great to be towards the front in qualifying for once!

Ed...

also he is a crash kid, atleast in season one ^^

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2012 11:42PM by xSilvermanx.
Funny, I was reading the season 2 thread the other day (research for a remake of the s2 mod ;)) and I remember I used to think back then that Ed was one of the most unlucky drivers in the GPGSL! How things have changed :)

Stoopid Wrote:
> Funny, I was reading the season 2 thread the other
> day (research for a remake of the s2 mod ;)) and I
> remember I used to think back then that Ed was one
> of the most unlucky drivers in the GPGSL! How
> things have changed :)

I fear that mantle has now been passed to me.

mortal Wrote:
> You Sir, have hit the nail on the head, apart from
> the fact we are going well off topic here, I for
> one cannot deny the community the use of tracks
> that are in the public domain just because of his
> dislike for a couple of people on this site.
> First we could use them, then we couldn't, then we
> could, and now we cannot. A ridiculous situation
> in any case. However, the reality of the situation
> is we will use them, and if Jorge wants to sue the
> GPGSL, he can go right ahead. He should go to his
> local hardware store, buy some timber, build a
> bridge and get over it.
> I don't hold grudges, not my nature, and I'm not
> even going to ban him. Why should I? What would
> that prove? That I can lower myself to the same
> level of behaviour? Like his refusal to engage in
> a civil discussion with Stu, it is preferable for
> him to hurl abuse and then toss them off his site
> denying them the right of reply, that is an easy
> thing to do, when you hide behind the anonymity of
> a keyboard. So it would be pointless on my behalf
> to indulge myself in such a fashion, I am a better
> man than that. Logic, reason and goodwill should
> prevail, and here it does.
> He should go on Skype, or make a video, and have a
> face to face discussion with all the members of
> the community and the GPGSL management, and tell
> all of us to our faces about his bitterness and
> hatred, whether we would actually care to listen
> to such abuse is another matter, I doubt we could
> be bothered.
> Anyway, as I said, we have the right, and we will
> use it. I care little for his bitterness, it is
> his choice to wallow in it, not mine.

Well said. Next time if he doesn't want us to show his work, either don't release it, or make people pay for it.

I think I speak for a large part of us when I say that I want to move on ASAP.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
This weekend, I'll try and get a new edition of the magazine done; I'll try and play with some different formats so it's more aesthetically pleasing.

We've got an interview, some lovely pictures and a little write-up on the coming season.

mortal Wrote:
> He should go on Skype, or make a video, and have a
> face to face discussion with all the members of
> the community and the GPGSL management, and tell
> all of us to our faces about his bitterness and
> hatred, whether we would actually care to listen
> to such abuse is another matter, I doubt we could
> be bothered.

That just screams 'Bin Laden video'...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2012 12:30AM by Incident 2k9.
Guys, why don't you always let yourself get pulled into this discussion? I think we had enough off-topic now and the point got clear that the tracks will be used, and that's it. So please, let's go back to topic now.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
How satisfied are you with your/team’s performance this season. Did you expect more or less from Season 7?
Ed Greenhalgh: I was thrilled with our performance during the season. We were always on the pace and in all but two races we had at least one car on the podium. I can't expect any more than that! I guess the only disappointment was perhaps that we couldn't secure the 1-2 in the championship. Having said that, it was still very nice for John to win in Monza which was his first win in a while, and he had a very strong year. Our great record as team-mates continues!

John Warrington: The season was pretty much how I expected it to be honest. Ed was always going to run away with the championship so my main hope was for the team to win the Constructors’ title. Doing that makes the season a success in my eyes.

Marko Aleksander: Personally I had a poor start to the season, but managed to turn it around. My form wasn't on the same level as in past seasons, also had some bad luck but I am satisfied with recent run. Obviously we wanted to challenge for the title, but AMR was too strong in terms of team performance.

Ruben Greidanus: It was clear beforehand that AMR was the team and Ed as driver to beat, so we made no illusions about winning the Drivers’ Championship and/or the Constructors’ Championship. With a season experience my aim was to beat my team mate Marko and to finish at least 3rd in the championship like last season. Although the combination AMR and Ed was this season again a dominant force, in my opinion the performance of the AMR car makes their drivers great whereas the drivers of TSS makes their car great. Both Marko and I managed to have more points than last season without a single pole position. Like last season the difference between Marko and me was just two points, that's quite stunning. With 3 wins, 4 podiums and second in the final standings I'm very pleased with my performance this season. It's a real pity that Marko has now retired, as his average performance is perhaps the strongest of all drivers in the history of the GPGSL. Just look at his finishing places in the last seven races of the season.

Glen Sheppard: Well, I started the season with TNR, and have to admit, I was expecting some pretty good things to come the way of the team, and my individual results. I was disappointed with my season overall, but did have the joy of winning at Zandvoort, for the 2nd season in a row. A mutual decision for me to leave TNR and run the rest of the season with Snake Motorsports came in light of my future team ownership for Season 8. I have enjoyed some decent performances in the Snake, along with some decent results in the True North Racing entry. However, overall Season 7 has been a downer for me!

Norbert Horvath: Fairly good, I hoped, we could stay in 3rd, but 4th is quite good.

Carlos Rodriquez: The pace of the new chassis was irregular at first, but as the season progressed it got stronger. We have a similar engine as those on the MACs, so that's a good point of comparison. I wanted to keep my feet on the ground from the word go, since my promotion was pretty fast, I only got one win in my test season and finished 9th, so I'd have been happy to test again, but John (Maverick)'s departure left a free seat. I feel I still have a lot to learn, and a lot to give.

Rodrigo Vilela: I think my second season at the ART team was good. A second place at Surfers Paradise and eighty points in the Drivers’ Championship qualifies me to dream with more podiums and, of course, get my first win in GPGSL.

Charrel Jalving: At the beginning of the season we were the leading team, after race 4 we were leading both championships. But you just notice teams like TTS and AMR that have loads of experience that they kept developing their car and make it even more competitive race after race. They both have very strong driver line-ups, so it’s difficult to challenge them around the season.

John Maverick: All in all I am very satisfied with this season. I could help MPR to move back to P3 in the Constructors’ Championship, that is for sure a good result. After TSS's struggle at the start of the season, I had hoped that P2 might be possible. So there is a bit of disappointment, too. But all in all we did a great job and I'm proud of it. Due to good tactics we were able to get the best out of the car.

Ross Cartwright: I am disappointed with the season, I thought we would be a lot further up the field than we were, but for most of races we were lucky if we could even snatch a point. We did improve towards the end of the season however, but by then it was too late.

Gianluigi Silvestre: I am very unsatisfied with my performance, especially in qualifying. About the team’s performance, I’m very sad that the team boost/driver boost combination never worked. I honestly expected to finish around the bottom of the top ten like in Season 6.

Ben Johnson: I think the team did well. It has been a very middle of the road year. At times we showed some real flashes of pace and it is a shame results did not quite reflect what the car could do leaving us in the midfield

Gareth McCarthy: I joined the series right towards the end, only joining for the final two races. For me it was all about simply getting some seat time and a feel for these cars. Results really weren't too important for me although qualifying 11th for the Testers’ Sprint Race is definitely very encouraging. The double podium in that spring race for my Season 8 team gives me a real sense of optimism that that sort of form might carry over into the new season.

Jack Elleker: I expected a lot less from the team, we've been fairly consistent and really impressed in some of the races but I'd never have thought I'd manage a single podium, yet I have two!

Michael Pedersen: I am really happy with the performance, sure there has been one or two races were I think we could have done better, but we’re a new team and we are here to learn that we are. We will be back better next season!

Christopher Hinz: I expected a bit more from this season so I’m quite disappointed with our performance. We looked strong in the first few races but then the car developed problems culminating in 3 double DNFs in the middle of the season. This combined with driving errors, bad strategy and a lack of pace did cost us a lot of points.

Jack Hunsley: Compared to last season this season has been incredible, although it was damn near impossible for us to be any worse than we were in season 6. In all seriousness though the step up in performance has been spectacular, the fact that I myself have scored more 4x the amount of points this season compared to season 6 speaks for itself. Also to still be in with a chance of clinching 8th in the Constructors’, although it's probably a bit of a long shot is amazing considering we finished nearly 70 points behind 8th place last year.

What would be you high point of the season? Similarly, what would be your low point?
Ed Greenhalgh: - High point was winning the championship. It sounds obvious, but that was the main goal at the start of the season, so it's naturally the high point. The low point was perhaps Races 3-5 when I scored only one point after winning the first two races. It was disappointing to waste my good start due to various factors.

John Warrington: High point has got to be the race victory although that's closely followed by my 3rd place in Germany in the rain. I'd say that Germany race was my best ever drive in the series. Getting that race win in my last season as a race driver was special and a moment I will never forget.

Marko Aleksander: A win at French GP would be a high point, and the premiere race of the season in Melbourne would be a low point.

Ruben Greidanus: My high point was without doubt the epic win at the German GP after starting from last place on the grid which was my low point of the season.

Glen Sheppard: High point, the win at Zandvoort..... Low point, having to hang up the racing helmet to take on a team owner’s job! Would love to still be in a race seat, but owning is pretty damn cool

Norbert Horvath: The win in Canada, my only DNF at France.

Carlos Rodriquez: I have three high points: My debut race in Melbourne where I overtook half of the field and got 3 points, my front row start at Spa with a heavy shower on the track, and my 4th place in Monza. My low point was again at Spa but in the race, I started well and leaded but the setup was terrible and I fell back until I spun at Pouhon and got collected by someone.

Rodrigo Vilela: My high point?? Hmm... I think my weight! Hahahahaha... well, my consistence. I picked up points in a lot of races. My low point was qualifying. I need to start on a better position to dream with victories and championship.

Charrel Jalving: The high point of the season was for sure the 3rd race of the season at Surfers Paradise. I scored the first pole position and victory for MPR that season and my first victory for MPR. Crossing the finish line in 1st with an MPR was an amazing moment. MPR is the team that brought me into the GPGSL, giving them a victory in return is a beautiful thing.

The low point was after race 16 at the Hungaroring. I had 3 DNF's in 3 races. Things just didn’t work out as I wanted, the car didn’t go in the direction I wanted and it resulted in me driving over the limit in purchase of some good points. I can’t imagine myself ever having a DNF, let alone having 3 in 4 races! This really wasn’t good for the WDC, or my ego.

John Maverick: The high point was for sure my win for MPR. But it's only one of many, to be honest. Also the fact that I could drive for MPR was a big joy already. Another high point is that I was able to beat my team mate. This must be the first goal of a driver, independent of the team. Of course Charrel still can beat me if he wins and takes the fastest lap or most places gained point in Silverstone, while I take no points at all. Everything is possible, but I simply hope that this won't happen.
As for the low point, there wasn't one single low point. The pit stops in general were very frustrating. There were only a few races where I didn't lose positions in the pits. And it's hard to get them back on track. This was really disappointing, but in the end I think it wasn't a mistake of the team, most times, but simply bad luck.

Ross Cartwright: The high point would be my run of point scoring finishes towards the end of the season. The low point would have to be Japan. The team was nowhere all weekend.

Gianluigi Silvestre: High point? Ironically test races were my best performances in my opinion. Low point, as previously said, qualifying in general.

Ben Johnson: My personal high point would have to be Monza. To score a podium at such a prestigious track where speed is so important was very special. It was a great effort by the whole team and really showed what we could do. For the team I think what Dean showed with three top sixes and a podium. It is always great to see your team mate perform well and it meant we got to have a great inter team battle.

My low point would be my qualifying. It has just lacked for most of the season seeing me struggle down the field. With the times so close it is a bit of a lottery but still if you are always on the wrong end of that it has always been a frustrating part of my weekend.

Gareth McCarthy: The high point was definitely that sprint race qualifying result, while the low point would have to be dropping a few places to drop back a little in the race!

Jack Elleker: My high point would probably be my second podium, even more unexpected than the first. The lowest point was the first race of the season, not a good race from me, never like finishing outside of the points, and 21st just isn't good enough. I’d rather retire in an exciting fireball

Michael Pedersen: Both high and low points have to be at the Nurburgring, a good qualifying session and then just awful pace in the race. We could have done so much better.

Christopher Hinz: My personal high point of the season has to be the Oceanic GP. We drove a great race there, lots of action and overtaking and a decent amount of points for the whole team. That was a great one. The low point was Monza. I was running quite well until I had to retire the car, a very frustrating race.

Jack Hunsley: My high point this season defiantly has to be Canada where we so nearly made it onto the podium but even though I just missed out, it was still the mine and the team's best finish to date. In contrast I can't really recall a major low point, I guess after our atrocious performance in season 6 I'm now prepared for anything.

Who/What would you consider to have been the biggest surprise of Season 7?
Ed Greenhalgh: Perhaps that Marko is retiring. I've always considered him a 'part of the furniture' when it comes to the GPGSL, so it will be sad to see him go. I'm glad for him that he won the 100th race because that was completely fitting. I wish him all the best for the future.

John Warrington: Charrel Jalving only being 6th was a little surprising.

Marko Aleksander: Christel's team performance is a pleasant surprise.

Ruben Greidanus: That Connor CAN actually steer and Christel VXR finishing 5th in the Constructors’ Championship in just their second season. Negative surprises were the decline of SCR and SGP.

Glen Sheppard: N/A

Norbert Horvath: My new teammate, Owen Edwards stepping in from the Test Drivers’ Championship, and to be that quick already.

Carlos Rodriquez: The new chassis, which is gorgeous and offers great feeling. I was also surprised at how close the field was, particularly for me at Road America and the Hungaroring where I battled former champ John Warrington in the dominant AMR.

Rodrigo Vilela: Scala GP. I can't imagine that would deteriorate so much.

Charrel Jalving: The biggest surprise for me was our tester rookie that stepped into the car halfway through the season, Andrei Sevastian. He stepped into the car, the season was already half way and he just scored a victory! His raw speed was just amazing!! It didn’t stop just there either, almost every test session he scored points and even a podium, now holding the 11th place in the Test Drivers’ Standings. Very Impressive!

John Maverick: That is clearly Christel's rise from nowhere-land to fighting the best of the rest. They showed good races last season already, but this season they were constantly in the top 10, which is clearly a surprise. This team has shown, that with good strategies and a bit of luck, everybody can fight back from the end of the field.

Ross Cartwright: The Christel VXR team has surprised me with how well they did throughout the season, with them being a relatively young team.

Gianluigi Silvestre: My team, as a negative surprise of course.

Ben Johnson: It has to be Christel’s performance. They have taken great strides this year and look a real promising outfit.

Gareth McCarthy: From the outside looking in, I think the dominance of the AMR cars a surprise. It seems they had quite an advantage in hand at most rounds.

Jack Elleker: The biggest surprise is the speed of Gary in the Tester’s championship. He is seriously quick, I’m glad I have my contract tied up with him around.

Michael Pedersen: That we finished 5th in the championship.

Christopher Hinz: Probably the GPGSL team mixing up the national flags in the race calendar.

Jack Hunsley: Driver-wise I'd probably have to go for Gary Spencer. Straight from the word go he looked comfortable in the Christel and to take 5th place overall in your rookie season despite not being in one of the top cars is some going.

Team-wise I think Christel have been the biggest surprise for me, it was only last season that they were battling with us at the back of the grid, so to make the jump up to 5th overall is outstanding.

What are your hopes for Season 8 and beyond?
Ed Greenhalgh: Well firstly I am looking forward to the challenge of a new team-mate. This will be an interesting battle, I'm sure of that, and that's not to mention others like Ruben who will be very formidable opponents! Apart from that, I'm hoping to continue to work hard and deliver results from my team. In the meantime, before the season starts, there will be some important discussions with series administrators as to performance levels, so I'm looking forward to discussing that.

John Warrington: In a word...testing. I'm done with race driving, at least for the immediate future anyway. My aim for Season 8 is to win the Testers’ Championship but who knows right now.

Marko Aleksander: Since I am retiring I have no competitive hopes. All I wish is all the best to the league.

Ruben Greidanus: To be a real challenge for Ed, it was way too easy for him in the last two seasons. My average performance must be higher to achieve the final goal, winning the Drivers’ Championship and helping the team for winning the Constructors’ Championship.

Glen Sheppard: For Season 8, I hope to see my team, Demon Racing, show some pace, and be competitive. Not expecting podiums or consistent points finishes, but we will hopefully work our way up the standings over time. I am a realist, and I know it will take time for Demon Racing to be a title contender.
On a personal note, I have expectations of doing well in the Testers’ Championship. I know I won't be in the fastest car, but I hope my skill and proven speed will lift me up the standings, and be a point scorer most race weekends....

Norbert Horvath: Season 8, a top 6 for myself, top 3 for the team.

Carlos Rodriquez: To transfer my one-lap speed to a whole race. I managed to have many top 10 starts but in the race my speed decreased. It happened in Spa, Zandvoort and other tracks. That's something I want to correct, so I'll be doing plenty of race simulations during pre-season.

Rodrigo Vilela: My first target is to win a race. Then, if car allows, fight with championship.

Charrel Jalving: My hopes are the same as always, winning the Drivers’ Championship! And with that I hope my teammate can be competitive so that we can bring the Constructors’ Championship in for my boss Dan Paddock.

John Maverick: I want to win the Drivers’ Championship at least one time. I still have very good contacts to Minardi and ART, hopefully also to MPR. It's not unlikely that if I manage to become a champion, I'd go back to one of these teams to help them improve further. But for Season 8 I just want to do a good job at AMR and get established in the team. Oh...and I hope that finally I will stay longer than one season at the same team. I'm still a relatively young driver but have driven for 4 teams then (including AMR). It's getting time that I get settled.

Ross Cartwright: To fight for the championship again and win some more races.

Gianluigi Silvestre: At least one season of good performance in the Test Drivers’ Series.

Ben Johnson: My hopes are to improve, to find more podiums and really get in the mix up the front. I want people to watch the race coverage and say WOW, that Ben Johnson is something special.

Gareth McCarthy: In Season 8 I really want to be scoring regular points for MPR in the Testers’ Championship, with a move into a race seat for Season 9, or who knows, maybe even sooner if the right opportunity comes up!

Jack Elleker: To win a race with Christel, been on the second step twice, and now I want to get to the top, a couple of championships would be pretty nice too.

Michael Pedersen: To be more consistently in the points and perhaps even pick up a win or two, but first of all, scoring points on regular basis.

Christopher Hinz: I hope to be able to constantly challenge for points next season. We had a lot of bad luck this season. If we get everything together we might even be able to score a podium. Generally I'm very happy with the team and I'd love to have a bit of success together with MAC at some point.

Jack Hunsley: For season 8 I hope to firmly establish myself as one of the top drivers and finally make it onto the top step of the podium. For season 9 however, I expect to be fighting for the title.

Finally, what is your favourite livery of the season?
Ed Greenhalgh: Of course I love our own livery, but apart from that, I would probably say MPR - a timeless colour scheme.

John Warrington: I love the True North BMW livery as well as the MPR livery so I'd say one of those two.

Marko Aleksander: Probably the classic MPR livery making a return to the grid, as it reminds me of my glory days with the team.

Ruben Greidanus: The livery of SMS, it fits just perfect.

Glen Sheppard: Season 7 - I loved the TNR scheme. Nice and clean, with a great use of colours. Season 8 - the Demon Racing livery.... just wait to see that one!!

Norbert Horvath: Snake Motorsports

Carlos Rodriquez: I'd be in trouble if I don't say it's ours! (laughs) But Christel's and TNR's are truly impressive for me.

Rodrigo Vilela: Well, in Season 7, the best livery was ART. After all, I made the layout! Hahahahahaha... I hope Season 8 gives me a beautiful livery!

Charrel Jalving: That’s easy, as a child I already loved the Martini - Lancia livery. I just love the combination of colours! That together with my personal sponsor McGregor makes it a true beauty.

John Maverick: Oh, that is a difficult question. I personally think that this season we've had a bunch of great liveries. I especially like the MAC and the MPR livery, which was back to the roots. But also the TNR livery is a kind of art and very neat.

Ross Cartwright: The MPR it has a nice retro look to it.

Gianluigi Silvestre: The TNR and Scala test livery

Ben Johnson: And risk upsetting my boss... Could not do it!

Gareth McCarthy: In a great looking field, the green Aston Martins are pretty hard to beat.

Jack Elleker: Definitely the TNR car, that thing is hot.

Michael Pedersen: Ours offcourse!

Christopher Hinz: Christel VXR.

Jack Hunsley: Being a lifelong Williams fan my favourite livery is the ART as it reminds me of the '98 Williams. However I'm also a fan of the 'Red Bull-esque' TSS, it'll be a shame to see that livery go.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
As the newest team owner in GPGSL, i eagerly await the unveiling of the calendar for Season 8. I am sure we will head to tracks that drivers love, and some drivers hate. I will make sure all members of Demon Racing have their passports and Visas ready to visit all corners of the globe.

Got the fingers crossed the GPGSL formally announce the calendar soon after the deadline passes, so boost strategies can be planned for the season. And then, even better, we can get Season 8 underway!!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
All my responses to the last set of questions are missing. I thought I submitted them. Perhaps not. Still a great Q and A though.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy