GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
I don't want to sound whiny now, since for me it doesn't make a difference which tracks we use. GP4 finds ways to overtake at nearly all tracks, except Monaco. But honestly, I start to wonder why there are elections at all. There was the tire vote with an unhappy result for some. And now the track vote also doesn't fit again. I totally agree with Monaco being useless and very boring for the series. But all other tracks are really personal taste. Some of you don't like the A1 ring or Adelaide? I don't like Zandvoort. Ruben, no word! ;) But the thing is, why shouldn't these tracks be in the calendar? Maybe they'll bring some surprising races? Who knows! But the point is that the majority has voted them in the calendar and that's how this series works.
The board could also go along, leave the voting aside and announce the full calendar out of a handful of tracks. But I'm sure then a lot of people would complain again that they didn't have a saying in it.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Trust me, Monaco produces more overtaking than Oran Park ;)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
The comments about the GPGNC are much appreciated Dan, but i agree at about the effect Oran Park has, and to be fair the more boring the race, the less motivated the RD involved will be with the entire process. Generally i find the A1 ring to be fine, but your thoughts mirror how i feel about Monaco completely. The only reason it was actually included in the GPGNC was because it represented a certain country. The race's on it are continually boring, and i pretty much don't like doing them, because the coverage tends to be pretty boring too. But hey, if thats what people want to see!

Pretty much every track is fine by me, its simply my hate of Monaco ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
@Owen No worries mate, I didn't think that. It just seems contrary to the idea of handicapping Ed to make the racing more interesting, to then go and race at uninspiring circuits

@Tobi Exactly mate, as we know we have run thin on race directors in the past, I don't think it is going to intice people in with a calendar like this

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I haven't directed races there yet, but the ones I've driven on A1Ring and Adelaide normally had a good amount of overtaking by ai cars.

Some mods
You know the age old addage, you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time. A1-Ring and Adelaide have usually produced decent races.

Maybe next season, we will fix 10 tracks and then everyone can vote on 7. Voting on only 3 seems a little too restricting to me.

Anyway everyone needs to vote now!

In case you have missed, choose 3 from the following 5 tracks:

Singapore
Zandvoort
Boromo
Indianapolis
Sepang

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
quite a decent calendar imo, i'm happy with whatever comes out in the end

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
If user created tracks have proper AIW then it shouldn't matter, unless it's something that's always mid-speed corners with not so much of a radius, followed by short straights. One of the first proper fully working GP4 custom tracks (fantasy one, maybe by Gildoorf) comes to mind.
truecrysis écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The comments about the GPGNC are much appreciated
> Dan, but i agree at about the effect Oran Park
> has, and to be fair the more boring the race, the
> less motivated the RD involved will be with the
> entire process. Generally i find the A1 ring to be
> fine, but your thoughts mirror how i feel about
> Monaco completely. The only reason it was actually
> included in the GPGNC was because it represented a
> certain country.
The race's on it are continually
> boring, and i pretty much don't like doing them,
> because the coverage tends to be pretty boring
> too. But hey, if thats what people want to see!
>
> Pretty much every track is fine by me, its simply
> my hate of Monaco
;)

Meh !! :-(

I vote for Zandvoort three times ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
I admit to have voted for Monaco. I wanted it because I was a little surprised that it wasn't on the calendar, and not being an usual GP4 player (it only started working fine for me some months ago), I wasn't aware of all this. But, can a proper solution be found? I mean, test different versions, test them on both dry and wet conditions, see how you can produce more racing. If nothing works and the majority agree, then I would exclude Monaco from this calendar. I reckon it'll be fair for everyone and also for the series itself.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
I voted for Monaco because it's a prestigious race and I wasn't aware of problems with overtaking (could the AI mistakes be raised?). I personally don't care too much about what tracks are used (considering I don't have to drive them).
I don't know if drivers in F1 complain about track choice (I know I would complain about stupid Tike tracks especially Istanbul and Abu Dhabi) but its a part of any racing series. As much as you don't like to race on a track you still have to because its your job.
F1 drivers don't vote on what tracks are in the calendar so I guess we could consider ourselves lucky that we do get a choice.

Also, what tracks were voted for that don't exist in GP4? I voted for Canberra because it's a heavily unconsidered track.

I also agree about having a realistic calender in terms of the order of tracks.

I will RD Monaco if no one wants to do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2012 03:35AM by mclarenaustralia.
Sorry Eric, I meant the track in GP4, not the nation itself, in fact I love the place! ;-)

To be fair the new weather rule may help tracks such as Monaco out. In the Gpgnc I try and allocate realistic weather, except in the case of Monaco where I automatically applied rain for this very reason. As that's the case anyway in GPGSL I'm sure it will work put decently.

We all need to get back in our cars, we're getting tetchy without them ;)

EricMoinet Wrote:
> truecrysis écrivait:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The comments about the GPGNC are much
> appreciated
> > Dan, but i agree at about the effect Oran Park
> > has, and to be fair the more boring the race,
> the
> > less motivated the RD involved will be with the
> > entire process. Generally i find the A1 ring to
> be
> > fine, but your thoughts mirror how i feel about
> > Monaco completely. The only reason it was
> actually
> > included in the GPGNC was because it represented
> a
> > certain country. The race's on it are
> continually
> > boring, and i pretty much don't like doing
> them,
> > because the coverage tends to be pretty boring
> > too. But hey, if thats what people want to see!
> >
> > Pretty much every track is fine by me, its
> simply
> > my hate of Monaco ;)
>
> Meh !! :-(

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2012 09:26AM by truecrysis.
Anyone remember the crashfest of Monaco Season 2?

Yeah that was run in the rain... Think Jorge Caranti actually won that race for TNR

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Speaking of JC, apparently he has his knickers in a knot because Singapore might be voted onto the calendar. Well, the community and the participants of the league have expressed a desire to use the track, and who am I to deny them that right. Particularly when the community as a whole decided to agree on a new set of rules regarding permissions. The track is well and truly in the public domain, and freely available for all to download, so if the community and the participants of the league wish to compete on it, then they shall.
I would assume that all would agree that a poor case of sour grapes would not affect the freedom of choice. As far as I'm concerned, the community has spoken.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
@mclarenaustralia: afaik Algarve & Portimao are wip, and Misano & Sachsenring don't exist

Some mods
Algarve & Portimao are the same and a release is nearby. ;-)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Why do I always think of Aragon when I read/hear Algarve? ;)

Some mods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2012 02:24PM by kedy89.
mortal Wrote:
> Speaking of JC, apparently he has his knickers in
> a knot because Singapore might be voted onto the
> calendar. Well, the community and the participants
> of the league have expressed a desire to use the
> track, and who am I to deny them that right.
> Particularly when the community as a whole decided
> to agree on a new set of rules regarding
> permissions. The track is well and truly in the
> public domain, and freely available for all to
> download, so if the community and the participants
> of the league wish to compete on it, then they
> shall.
> I would assume that all would agree that a poor
> case of sour grapes would not affect the freedom
> of choice. As far as I'm concerned, the community
> has spoken.

I would quite like to see Singapore on the calendar...might be fun.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Mmmmm I dont think we should have to many boring races, but simple as I see it is that people voted for it. Everyone was free to vote.

Especialy Monaco, I think its a track that has to be on the kalender, boring or not its just presticious (or something) to win it! People drive with special helmets etc.. Qualifying is more important at that race.

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy