F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Season Finale! - Results PG38

Posted by F1_Manager 
truecrysis schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know whether people would want an outsider
> involved but i would be willing to RD sometimes?
> Most people here have seen what i tend to produce,
> but i'm happy to help out as i follow the series
> to some extent.
>
> Also the rule changes look good, its great to see
> the series head into a direction that makes it a
> lot closer to actual F1 management!

no problem from my side with an "outsider" running a race :).

ginnerchris schrieb:
> I'd be happy with non-managers acting as RDs, in
> fact it might even be preferable.

Imo there's no problem with the managers running the races. It's the same in the GPGSL and GPGNC. If we are waiting for non-managers to run all the races, it would take ages to get a season done. You have to see it this way: why should someone who isn't involved in all this spend several hours of his spare time to run the GP and work on the coverage?

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Guys I am sooo sorry, since I had started the new job i Had been send out of town for training, no access to a PC(its a labor Job) so I was disconected from the world. I was suppouse to run the imola GP and left all of you hanging, and for that I appologise, If I am strip from my manager team I will understand,, sorry once againg..

Mogotron
All the rule changes look fine to me :)..

You could maybe add that you can purchase new drivers during the season,the drivers that are not signed,if you are not happy with your drivers and the way they are performing..bit like 2001 when Prost team started with Alesi and Mazzacane and finished with Frentzen and Enge,just an idea :)

@twigster..i like the idea of running videos for the race weekend,Can you tell us how you did it??would save alot of work..(Y)

Thanks
Okay thanks for all the feedback guys! This is where we stand at the moment:

Approved Changes:

Activity Checks: As there was no opposition to this activity checks will be introduced with immediate effect from the European GP onwards. All Managers will be required to post at least once between the day that the free practice results are published and two days after the race is published. The first warning will incur a 10 point deduction from their teams total, 2nd warning will incur a 15 point deduction and a fine of £5m and a 3rd warning will result in expulsion from the series. Of course warnings can be avoided if you make a post in a thread prior to a race weekend warning myself that you are going to be inactive.

Different Compound Tyres: Prior to a race weekend each manager can choose whether they want to use soft tyres, which slightly increases the qualifying perf of their drivers by 30 performance points in return for a deduction 30 performance point deduction in their race perf, hard tyres which do the exact opposite or medium tyres which have no effect on the perfs whatsoever. An announcement will be made after every race letting managers know when they can send in their tyre choice.

Driver Bias: Prior to a race weekend each team manager can nominate one of their two race drivers to be their 'Number 1 Driver' for that race weekend by a maximum of 50 performance points. Following the publication of the previous race an announcement will be made giving managers 1 week to nominate their preferred driver as well as how much you would like to boost his perf by. However, whatever value you choose to boost your number 1 driver's perf by is also detracted from your second drivers perf.

For example, a teams perf is as follows:

[Team #XX]
Name=N/A,
Performance=800,800,1000
First Driver=11,Driver A,15000,100,15000,100
Second Driver=12,Driver B,15000,100,15000,100

If the manager of Team XX were to nominate Driver A as his number 1 driver, and boost his perf by 50 points, the perf would look like this:

[Team #XX]
Name=N/A,
Performance=800,800,1000
First Driver=11,Driver A,15050,100,15050,100
Second Driver=12,Driver B,14950,100,14950,100

Applying for Engines: Starting with the negotiations for next season, engines will be distributed in a similar manner to drivers. All engines will be put 'on sale' at the same time, however rather than using a first come, first served process, managers will have to bid on engines with the highest few bidders winning their desired engines. In addition, if a team bids for the engine that they currently use then new applicants will have to outbid them by at least £1m to win said engine.

Main Budgets: Team budget from negotiations for 2008 onwards will now be decided based on where you team finishes in the WCC. 1st place will receive a grant of £50m, 2nd £47.5m, 3rd £45 and so on, with the teams placed 9th, 10th and 11th receiving £30m each. These grants will be added to whatever budget each team had left following the previous seasons negotiations. In addition, testing budgets will be abolished with teams paying for testing directly from their main budgets instead. Furthermore, a budget cap of £65m will be implemented in order to prevent the top teams from stealing the show.

Grid Penalties: As the majority of managers agreed with this proposal grid penalties will also be introduced for 2007, however they will only be applied if a driver exceeds their engine allocation for the season - which will be set at 8 - and not for on track behaviour.

New Damage Values: New, more sensitive, damage values will also be testing with the intention of including them for 2007. However, if we are unable to find suitable values then they will remain untouched.

New Testing Format: Whilst the cost of attending test sessions will remain at £750k, teams will be able to pay extra to focus on both pace and reliabilty or double their focus on either factor for £750k as previously discussed. However teams will only be allowed to spend a maximum of £2.25m per test session. Pre-season testing will remain free and teams will be limited to focusing on one factor per test.

New Proposals/Proposals needing further discussion

Terminating contracts: This is an issue that has been brought up by several of you, especially those who have joined the series this season. My current method of handling this issue is that in order to fire a driver on a multi-year contract, the team must pay off his remaining salary, for example:

Barrichello is signed on a three year deal for £30m, however the manager decides he wants to let him go after just one season. As Barrichello has already received his first years pay, he is still entitled to a further £20m due to the way in which multi-year contracts work. As a result, in order to terminate his contract the team must pay £20m on the spot.

Brand/Driver Loyalty: This idea came about from your recommendation that teams who have stuck with the same engine manufacturer in the series should also be classed as 'traditional customers', and this got me thinking. This proposal would mean that teams who stick with the same engine manufacturer for multiple consecutive seasons would receive a 5% BHP boost and a 5% reliabilty decrease for every season they stay with the same manufacturer in order to reflect the idea of the teams knowing exactly how each components works and how to get the best out of them. For example:

As Red Bull have used Honda engines since 2004, should they decide to stick with Honda next season, they would receive a BHP boost and reliabilty deduction of 15% on top of the base performance of the Honda engine, adding a boost of 11 BHP to Red Bulls base BHP level and improving the reliability of the Honda for Red Bull by around 100 points.

Also just in case you're wondering, Midland would receive a 10% boost should they choose to stick with Renault for 2007, whilst all other teams have only been with their current engine manufacturers for one season or either build their own engines or are traditional customers and as a result would be entitled to a 20% boost. However, this factor specifically is my main problem with this plan as teams such as Ferrari and Renault could be looking at receiving a 20+ BHP boost just a few season down the line. Therefore I also propose that the percentage increase for Ferrari, Renault, Toyota, Honda and BMW would instead be around the 2% mark.

If this proposal gets the go ahead I would also like to extend the system to both tyre and brake providers, possibly with a lower percentage boost, and also to drivers who stay with the same team over a number of season.

Governing Body: The more I think about this, the more I am beginning to dislike this idea mainly because I see no actual use for it as most concerns and ideas could just be posted and discussed within the thread, so at the moment I'm leaning towards dropping this idea.

Alesi no1 Wrote:
> You could maybe add that you can purchase new
> drivers during the season,the drivers that are not
> signed,if you are not happy with your drivers and
> the way they are performing..bit like 2001 when
> Prost team started with Alesi and Mazzacane and
> finished with Frentzen and Enge,just an idea :)

I can see the appeal of allowing managers to buy drivers whenever they want however, I can see this greatly increasing the workload for Jake and I. But, then again I'm happy to consider it further should the majority of managers wish for a system that would accommodate this to be introduced.

Rejected Proposals

Engine Wear: As previously discussed, as both drivers share the same team perfs, it makes it very difficult to implement this system. Just one of the limitations of GP4 I suppose...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alesi no1 Wrote:
> @twigster..i like the idea of running videos for
> the race weekend,Can you tell us how you did
> it??would save alot of work..(Y)

I just used fraps and it's not difficult to use at all. However, the problem I found was that the files it produces are huge and as I planned to do free practice as a short highlights video, as it's been so long since I edited anything I got absolutely nowhere with it and luckily Kedy came along and saved the day ;)

For quali and the race however I find that it was much quicker than simply doing a slideshow coverage as if you record the commentary live, once the session is done all you need to do is export it and upload it which takes very little effort at all, all you have to worry about is whether or not you can be interesting for an hour or a half ;)

mogotron Wrote:
> Guys I am sooo sorry, since I had started the new
> job i Had been send out of town for training, no
> access to a PC(its a labor Job) so I was
> disconected from the world. I was suppouse to run
> the imola GP and left all of you hanging, and for
> that I appologise, If I am strip from my manager
> team I will understand,, sorry once againg..

Don't worry about it man, sh*t happens ;-)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Webber fastest in Free Pracitce

In today's practice session Mark Webber in the Red Bull was the fastest man on the track, slightly ahead of Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa, who set exactly the same time. Jarno Trulli showed that he is still fast enough for a race seat by getting 5th place and beating his teammate da Matta, who only got 18th place. The Super Aguri Team again with a strong performance, they got in 7th and 13th, whereas Williams is still struggling to find their pace of last season.

Super Aguri

Great first session, hope we can build on this
What a disappointing practice session for the toro rosso drivers although the setup reward is helpful. All my drivers know they're driving for their short and medium term futures. These 2 need to up their game.

With regard to the new proposals, we are in favour of the loyalty bonus, but I didn't spot your figures for driver loyalty which was hinted at in the title.

I'm not sure what to think about drivers. As a new entrant it's frustrating to have average drivers tied to long term contracts, but I guess you have to take the long view and think about future years and saving funds.
Midland

Slightly rubbish session. Motoyama's impressed me though. I'm toying with the idea of giving him a temporary drive somewhere down the line.
ginnerchris Wrote:
>
> I'm not sure what to think about drivers. As a new
> entrant it's frustrating to have average drivers
> tied to long term contracts, but I guess you have
> to take the long view and think about future years
> and saving funds.

...that might be partially my fault. You can still sign someone new though; Montagny's only on a 1-year deal.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
ginnerchris Wrote:
> With regard to the new proposals, we are in favour
> of the loyalty bonus, but I didn't spot your
> figures for driver loyalty which was hinted at in
> the title.

The percentage boost for loyal drivers would be around 0.2% per season which, whilst it doesn't sound like a lot, equates to around a 30 point boost for quali and race perf.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Hey there.

I just got informed about one of the best programs available for recording any game, MSI Afterburner. While the Afterburners' main function is to overwatch / boost the system to run better, it can also record videos, but it has a great feature for everyone who wants to record a game while talking about it: You can simultaneously record the screen, the games' sound and your talking and save it to one .avi-file. This means one would not need to run 2 programs and just can upload the video directly to youtube.
While I didn't use the program as of yet, my brother did. It seems like one is able to record in 1080p 16:9, so even if this is too much of a promise in HQ. Can't tell anything bout this though because I don't know the program.
Also I'd like to renew that if you need a RD, I'd be happy to help out here.
Your thoughts on this?
Greetings
Silverman

EDIT: Stupid me, I should link ^^

Maybe I should also mention that I have no idea on how big the files will be xD

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 11:23PM by xSilvermanx.
A great set of new rules guys, should see this series move from strength to strength.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Negotiation Information

Negotiations are now almost ready to get underway. The budgets are here.

Brakes can be chosen from this list. These are free of a quota, so you can freely pick which company you wish to go with.

Next, driver negotiations. These are the drivers on the list that will be available on the first round of negotiations. Drivers are added to the list at random for future rounds of negotiation.

When a driver joins the list, team owners have two races to bid for a driver. Drivers will be biased towards their current team, but can be persuaded to move if the offer is attractive enough. I think you know the score with this already, however.

The first negotiation list for drivers will be available after the current round.

Lastly, engines. As Jack has mentioned above, the negotiations will take a similar form to that of drivers. Each manufacturer can supply a maximum of THREE teams, however the factory teams already have their engine costs deducted from their budgets. If you choose to stick with an engine, there could potentially be loyalty bonuses in store subject to approval.

The engine negotiation list will also be available from the next round once the timeframe for negotiations has been decided.

When I have posted the drivers and engines available, you may send your bids to this F1_Manager account.
Mixed results in FP :( Massa did a terrific job, but Giancarlo's car wasn't working at all, we hope it works better for Jos!

Rules accepted sound great!

Rules to still be discussed:

- Terminating a contract, I am for this idea - however I think this should be different. No team will be able 'pay-off' $20m to release the driver. I suppose this will need to be done in another way. I was thinking: A driver for 2 (or 3) years is cheaper, hence the long contract. I you want to release the driver after 1 year you should pay the fee he would normally receive for a 1 year contract (or 2 if you terminate it before going into the 3rd season).
Driver X
1 year contract: $15.000.000,00
2 year contract: $25.000.000,00
3 year contract: $30.000.000,00
The fee for the driver by a 3 year deal is $10m a season. So after 1 season you've paid $10m, in order to release him you must pay a total of $15m (1 year contract fee) so there is a remainder of $5m to pay in order to break contract. This would possible also apply to contracts broken mid-season?

I like the general idea of brand/driver loyalty, however in the example Red Bull would get 11bhp extra? Thats quite a lot, it would discourage people from trying a new engine for another season since that would mean they lose all extra benefit.

Governing body isn't neccesary, big things like this are now discussed very democrately and thats great! Our input (managers) has been heard and acted upon, we could use more RD's though but thats a different story

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Could you potentially work something out whereby another team pays off the rest of a drivers contract if they wanted him?

Say for example a team wanted Kubica, who for example had two years left on his contract. Another team could potentially sign him if they were willing to pay off the last two years of his contract to make him available.

I'm just thinking aloud here guys, but it would mean that contracts could potentially be broken and bought up which could be interesting.

Brand loyalty is a very cool idea but Maikel points out a serious issue.

Could new managers perhaps have a rule implemented where they can sack drivers without having to pay off huge parts of their budget when they first take over a team? Not for free, but certainly at a reduced rate.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
MDBSnake Wrote:
> - Terminating a contract, I am for this idea -
> however I think this should be different. No team
> will be able 'pay-off' $20m to release the driver.
> I suppose this will need to be done in another
> way. I was thinking: A driver for 2 (or 3) years
> is cheaper, hence the long contract. I you want to
> release the driver after 1 year you should pay the
> fee he would normally receive for a 1 year
> contract (or 2 if you terminate it before going
> into the 3rd season).
> Driver X
> 1 year contract: $15.000.000,00
> 2 year contract: $25.000.000,00
> 3 year contract: $30.000.000,00
> The fee for the driver by a 3 year deal is $10m a
> season. So after 1 season you've paid $10m, in
> order to release him you must pay a total of $15m
> (1 year contract fee) so there is a remainder of
> $5m to pay in order to break contract. This would
> possible also apply to contracts broken
> mid-season?

Ah yes, I much prefer this idea! The only thing I would add is that the amount that you have to pay to terminate the contract is determined by the drivers contract fees from the season that you signed the driver in.

> I like the general idea of brand/driver loyalty,
> however in the example Red Bull would get 11bhp
> extra? Thats quite a lot, it would discourage
> people from trying a new engine for another season
> since that would mean they lose all extra
> benefit.

Whilst 11bhp may be a huge advantage in series such the GPGSL, with the amount of mid-season and pre-season testing we have it is entirely possible that this advantage could be wiped out by poor pre-season testing choices by Red Bull or wise choices from other teams before the season even starts.

Also we have to remember that Red Bull is very much an anomaly here and 5% boost for most engines is only a 3 BHP boost per season. Just as an example, if this rule had been in use at the start of the season, Red Bull would still have only been the 6th fastest team on paper prior to pre-season testing and their Honda engine would actually still be inferior to more expensive engines.

However, if this is still a concern for most of the managers we can always lower the percentage boost so that the BHP boost is closer to 2 BHP per season and introduce a cap on the maximum percentage boost a team can have (most likely around 20% if we stick with a 5% yearly boost).

Also, whilst we're on the subject of testing another idea has just sprung to mind! ;)

At the moment the bhp boost and reliabilty improvements for each testing circuit are chosen completely at random using a random number generator. However, seeing as most of these changes are engineered around improving the strategical aspect of the series I'm also thinking of using a system where tracks such as Monza and Imola, where arguably the most important aspect is BHP, provide a bigger boost to teams who focus on pace, whilst other tracks will be better for improving reliabilty.

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Could you potentially work something out whereby
> another team pays off the rest of a drivers
> contract if they wanted him?
>
> Say for example a team wanted Kubica, who for
> example had two years left on his contract.
> Another team could potentially sign him if they
> were willing to pay off the last two years of his
> contract to make him available.

Now this is an idea I really do like! However the main problem I can think of is, using your example, what do we do if the team who wants to buy Kubica only want him for just one season rather than two. Do we still make it so that they have to pay off the last two years of his contract, or do they only have to pay for the single year?

Also before any transaction takes place I would also have to receive confirmation from both parties as to the exact details of the deal and also any team suspected of any wrong doing would be subject to either a fine or points deduction.

> Could new managers perhaps have a rule implemented
> where they can sack drivers without having to pay
> off huge parts of their budget when they first
> take over a team? Not for free, but certainly at a
> reduced rate.

I suppose this seems fair as well. Perhaps a 50% discount maybe sutiable?

2006 Grand Prix of Europe - Qualifying

Q1
Big surprise in the first session already, with both Red Bulls as well as Michael Schumacher failing to get into the second round. His time was only good enough for P20, while his teammate Villeneuve did a much better job with 5th place. The two Renaults were the fastest cars, with Massa very close to them. The Super Aguris again look pretty strong today, both cars managed to get in the next round.

Q2
Button and Verstappen both out now, and both Super Aguris in Q3. Raikkonen with the by far fastest time this round, followed by Davidson and Glock

Q3
Pole Position for Robert Kubica, ahead of his teammate Raikkonen. Two big surprises in the second row, with Davidson in 3rd and Kovalainen in 4th place.

Full Results
Toro Rosso
An improvement on practice thanks to these two drivers. Hopefully some good strategy calls in the race, and a bit of luck might give Heidfeld chance of points.
Williams F1

"At least there's Jacques."

My GPGSL Career
Midland

No.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy