2012 F1 Car Launch Thread

Posted by EC83 
Re: 2012 F1 Car Launch Thread
Date: March 05, 2012 01:05PM
Posted by: Slash
is it me or that picture of the car on track gives an effect as if the car was in the air?
Date: March 05, 2012 01:06PM
Posted by: geoff
Is it me or is that front wing really far off the ground? Reminds me of that picture of Senna in that crazy McLaren...
Date: March 05, 2012 02:08PM
Posted by: truecrysis
I really like that car, it flows nicely, the livery is pretty neat, and whilst they will probably do aweful again this season, at least they will look on of the best doing it.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: March 05, 2012 03:31PM
Posted by: marcl
No sign of the HRT then?
Date: March 05, 2012 04:24PM
Posted by: IWE
Maybe bit off topic but Ferrari have hired their ex. driver Mika Salo as their test driver. (H)

source: [www.iltasanomat.fi]

Translation (Google):
"Former F1 driver Mika Salo was hired as a Ferrari F1 car behind the wheel.
- It's true. The feelings are confused and of course, very happy. It is a nice thing that the driver to harsh for my age are still needed, 45-year-old Mika Salo is responsible for from-Sanomat.

According to the IS sport, Ferrari has for some time been interested in harnessing Mika Salo know how their car development. Negotiations have taken place, and Salo has decided to jump back to the F1 car behind the wheel.

Last week, Salo was the Ferrari factory in Italy, where he made ​​a F1 car seat.

This year marks exactly ten years after Salo drove the last F1 season. Motor sport's Salo took the GT-series and 2011 he drove the last kisansa Ferrari GT car.

- Confirm your information and I can reveal that the period of Ferrari's F1 car in the near future, Salo confirm IS Sports.

Salo drove a Ferrari over the period 1999, when he injured tuurasi Michael Schumacher racing driver team in six Grand Prix."

Another source:
[www.mtv3.fi]

"Mika Salo: I've Been Training Like Hell for the Ferrari Testing
5 March 2012

Mika Salo has been training like crazy after he heard that Ferrari will sign him as their test driver.

Salo begans F1 tests in Japan's Suzuka in a two weeks time.

- I've been training like hell since then and been loosing weight so that I fit in the car. I haven't gained more than 5 kilos after leaving F1 but it still takes a lot neck training and so on. After all a two day test is no small thing, Salo told MTV3.

- I've done everything I can to be ready for it. There's less than two weeks to the test so you can't prepare exceptionally well for it, Salo continued."

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 04:32PM by IWE.
Date: March 05, 2012 04:45PM
Posted by: J i m
Wow. If that's true then it's a very strange decision. Salo has been out of F1 for 10 years, he'll get next to zilch mileage in a 2012 Ferrari and ofcourse they already have Gene & Fisichella as well.

Date: March 05, 2012 05:34PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
The Marussia looks really good...doubt it will do particularly well though.

As for the news on Salo...why? For all the reasons that Jim mentioned, it's just pointless.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: March 05, 2012 05:44PM
Posted by: J i m
Having said that though... Would you turn down a Ferrari test drive job even if it was only clientele cars? :P

Date: March 05, 2012 05:49PM
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Having said that though... Would you turn down a
> Ferrari test drive job even if it was only
> clientele cars? :P

If I could drive, then no...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Date: March 05, 2012 05:50PM
Posted by: Vomit
It aint really a test. It's a Ferrari Racing Days event. Finnish media is just overreacting... again
Date: March 05, 2012 06:26PM
HRT's twitter feed confirms they are currently running a couple of laps now. I'd imagine there would be some pictures on their way...

Date: March 05, 2012 06:26PM
Posted by: SAT_LAB
first hrt f112 image in barcelona

MY ASSETTO CORSA (& other stuff) DOWNLOADS---> SATLAB90
MY VIDEOS---> F1 Retro-Game
Date: March 05, 2012 06:38PM

Date: March 05, 2012 06:41PM
I actually like the HRT lol.
Date: March 05, 2012 06:41PM
Posted by: Frantic
not so bad, that colours reminds me of the old Yardley McLarens...

Date: March 05, 2012 06:44PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
That would be quite nice if it wasn't for the "splat" on the inside of the back wing.

It's nice tbh.... need some sponsors though.
Date: March 05, 2012 06:53PM
It's quite 2008 Force India-y. But quite nice, too.

Date: March 05, 2012 07:16PM

Front image

Date: March 05, 2012 07:31PM
Looks like last years tub again.
Date: March 05, 2012 08:30PM
Posted by: gav
Yup - the Marussia looks far more advanced than the HRT. It really does look like that Dallara chassis once more, though with a few details slightly altered. Have the previous chassis had the front end sloping back down to the dash?

The livery is OK, though that splat, as loque described it, is atrocious... and what an odd place for it, on the insides of the wing only?

It's like they haven't finished the livery, yet they appear to be official launch photos of it, so who knows.

Still, at least it has run before the first event, a marked improvement on the past couple of years!

As for the Marussia, that's got to be the furthest I've seen a nose cone protruding over the front wing. The nose box is huge!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy