Winner:
Sebastian Vettel (GER)

Onboard lap with Michael Schumacher 2011:

Re: 2012 Spanish Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: May 12, 2012 03:04PM
Posted by: gav
What the hell?

:\
Well its a bit quiet here... but well done to pastor! Unfortunately not as competitive up there with button and webber losing out in q2 and vettel not going for a run, clearly the bigger teams are starting with the tyre saving strategies now, which isnt great for F1...

But Hamilton upfront with pastor, alonso doing well to get 3rd then the 2 lotus' as well as button, vettel, webber, schumacher and rosberg all with tyres to spare, should be an interesting race!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2012 03:06PM by truecrysis.
Date: May 12, 2012 03:11PM
Posted by: Slash
congrats to clown of the day Senna on the biggest contrast... holy Pastor was competitive the whole day, well done.
i see Kimi as a big threat to all, he's going for the win.

is it true Schumacher can start with the harder compound as he went out with them?, do the drivers that didn't post laptimes get to choose the tyres?, how does that work?

is unbelievable Jenson didn't sort out his balance issues since yesterday
Great Quali competitive trough all sessions.

Lewis in another league man superb driving. Pastor wtf total contrast to what Bruno did but who knows what he could have done if he would have spun.

Fernando P3 yay lol i think Ferrari made progress but massa p17 mmmm hope he fly`s in race tomoz otherwise all confidence gained from Bahrain is gone.

Good job from Romain and Kimi altough i think Kimis q3 lap had some mistakes and a poor mid ,last sector. Webber,Button out in Q2 was kinda surprising but will mix it up in midfield. Also good job bye Saubers. Mercedes and RedBull some goin backwards.

Gotta say its so damn mixed up i dont know whats gonna happen tomoz.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Quiet as a mouse on here, that's not right...

What a session, congratulations to the front 5 for providing such an entertaining session.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: May 12, 2012 03:37PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Quiet as the previous races in this track, hopefully this action-packed grid will give us a change.

I really wanted Maldonado to get Pole. Just to keep variety. ;-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: May 12, 2012 03:37PM
Posted by: EC83
truecrysis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well its a bit quiet here...

I nearly wrote a post reminding people they were actually allowed to post in this thread instead of just looking at it and admiring it. Even for the race which is known for being the most boring one of the year, this was poor.

Anyways...

Stunning from Pastor! Incredible time, and shows what an improved car the Williams is. Great lap from Fernando too, something the Ferrari shouldn't really have been capable of.
Another awesomely mixed-up grid overall, which bodes well for an unpredictable race. My favourite for the win right now is Kimi.

Stewards inquiry into Hamilton's pole.

Ted Kravitz
Teams must prove car could have done in lap unless tech reason prevented. McL's argument is there was one. Will need to be a concrete excuse

He didn't run out of fuel apparently; he had 1.3 litres left.

[www1.skysports.com]

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2012 06:28PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: May 12, 2012 06:33PM
Posted by: marcl
Yes so he will get to start at the back and people like Vettel and MS that did not even bother get to start in the top 10. Great rules we have in F1.

They should just take away his fastest time if anything.

The thing is he was more than half way round his slowing down lap so for all we know .3 might be enough.

Yet another cock up by Mclaren, how many is that this year now.

We shall see, but why has it taken so long to do this they are meant to confirm the result 2 hours after the session.

Edit.

Sounds like he was told to stop in error and actually did have enough in the car. They can and probably will still give him a grid drop for stopping on the track.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2012 06:54PM by marcl.
Date: May 12, 2012 07:07PM
Posted by: EC83
So does that mean Maldonado is on pole now...?!

I guess it's one of those optional rules, like not overtaking outside the track?
Just saying...

I expect his pole to stand, but would prefer to see him penalised due to the regulations it makes good sense that if you can't get back to the pits you probably wouldn't be able to start the race...unless the only reason is you were underfueled, and then....
Date: May 12, 2012 07:29PM
Its not confirmed yet so god knows whats going on.

I am well pissed off with MS and Vettel. Anyone who does not set a time should be sent to the back as far as I am concerned, its like giving the people who do run a penalty. They should be made to start on the tyres they used in Q2.
Date: May 12, 2012 07:43PM
Lewis has lost pole, and will start at the back.

I only know as a mate is there so am sure it will be confirmed very very soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2012 07:44PM by marcl.
Yeah, how incredible that Maldonado is on pole! He's certainly silencing some critics this year, if only he can find some consistency. What an amazing grid, the race tomorrow has unbelievable potential. Fair penalty, particularly that it was Hamilton and McLaren that were the reason that the rules were tightened.

Apparently Vettel might be getting a blocking penalty as well.

EDIT: Hamilton last! Maybe that's a bit excessive, but still, it sounds like it was a deliberate breach of the rules.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2012 07:47PM by SchueyFan.
Date: May 12, 2012 07:50PM
Agree the correct penalty and as soon as I saw him stop I thought he would get one.

But just drives me mad that he could have done what the others done and not bother and still start in the top 10!

In a way what Lewis has is a double penalty. He has to start last and with the same tyres he used in quail using an extra 2 sets compared to others. He can change them if he starts from the pits once the race starts.

Mclaren are just bloody stupid, they have made errors in every single race this year. Seems strange that since Sam joined the team things keep happening yet the team he left are doing better lol.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2012 08:01PM by marcl.
Yeah, the qualifying system is very flawed, but I'm not sure of an easy solution.

I can't imagine the logistics of a Q3 tyre really working, as there would be logistical difficulties to deliver a tyre to the 10 cars in the gap between Q2 and Q3, and there would be issues with tyre pressure, temperature etc., I imagine.

EDIT: And of course of all people to represent McLaren at the hearing, it was Sam Michael! ;)

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2012 08:01PM by SchueyFan.
Date: May 12, 2012 08:02PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Crazy, the most that should happen is being put down to 10th.

Date: May 12, 2012 08:05PM
Posted by: gav
I'd probably be a millionaire if I'd put money on a Maldonado-Alonso front row.

Could it be a comeback win for Kimi? I certainly didn't a chance of that at the start of the year!
Date: May 12, 2012 08:06PM
Its simple to sort out in Q3. If you don't set a lap time within your best lap time range you have to start on the tyres you used in Q2.

What Vettel and MS done today was wrong they are in top teams and they should do a run. Its like giving the other 8 a penalty, and one of the guys they did run is now at the back. Yes its a right penalty but had he done what Vettel and MS done he would start in the top 10.

Oh well should be fun seeing Alonso win and drivers fighting through. I don't think Lewis stands a chance of getting points though.

There were 3 options for a penalty though. Lose fastest time, 5 place grid drop or start at the back. Well they gave him the hardest one.

Even with the correct amount of fuel Lewis would have done that time he was short by 0.2 of a litre thats next to nothing. But rules are rules. They should have just let him drive to the pits and sort it out then.

Koby is meant to have run out of fuel as well and he starts 10th!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2012 08:15PM by marcl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy