-------------------------------------------------------
> Just incase anyone was interested:
>
> [www.thef1times.com]
>
> ...but could be white and gold
>
> [f1.imgci.com]

> Glad to see Mclaren are not alone in not having the nose step lol.

Thats the 2011 HRT
Re: 2012 F1 Car Launch Thread
Date: February 07, 2012 11:58AM
Posted by: J i m
Yeah... But even so it's a monumentally stupid article. HRT release a new logo which is as different from the LotusF1 one as it's possible to be and yet some wise hack thinks it means that HRT will sport a JPS style black and gold livery.

Speculating out of thin air.

Date: February 07, 2012 12:11PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Wow is that williams front wing going to stay attached? lol

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: February 07, 2012 12:47PM
truecrysis Wrote:
> Wow is that williams front wing going to stay
> attached? lol

With Pastor & Bruno driving? Not likely ;)

Date: February 07, 2012 01:20PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Looks like Williams still haven't found a new title sponsor...

I can see this year being even more horrible than the last

Edit: Just seen some picture from the test session this morning and Ferrari have put their car numbers on the nose drop, now it looks even worse

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 01:32PM by Ferrari2007.
Date: February 07, 2012 01:32PM
Posted by: marcl
Gary Anderson must be slacking he has not slated the Williams yet.

Ferrari is just yuk, they are putting the car number on that nose drop section.
Date: February 07, 2012 01:55PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
The Williams livery looks awful.

I think the number on the nose step on the Ferrari actually looks quite good.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 07, 2012 02:44PM
Posted by: marcl
Ferrari, Mclaren and Lotus are going to have to change their exhaust by sounds of it as they are not legal according to some.
Date: February 07, 2012 03:03PM
Posted by: aagancia
That 2012 Williams looks even worse than the Ferrari. For me, they just stole the crown from Ferrari for having the ugliest car of the year.
Date: February 07, 2012 03:06PM
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Looks like Williams still haven't found a new
> title sponsor...
>
> I can see this year being even more horrible than
> the last

I think the R&D department ultimately play a bigger role in the performance than who ever gets to print their name into the team title to be honest ;-)

I doubt the financial situation is much different from last year, ok they've lost AT&T and maybe others. On the other hand they still have PDVSA pouring in idiotic amounts cash thanks to Makdonaldo and also Bruno has enticed along Embratel, Gillette and very possibly head & Shoulders.

In the mean-time, I expect the team are still talking to various companies in Dubai and the middle east.

I think the biggest weakness of Williams this year (if it isn't the car) will be the driver line-up HRT aside it's probably the weakest in F1.

Marussia has Glock who although bored could still take advantage of a half decent car, and Vergne and Ricciardo are likely to be a competent as Buemi and Alguersuari were.

As a Williams fan, I hope Bruno is able to use the winter test to good effect and put a bit of consistency into his driving, if he does then I'd expect him to marginally out perform Maldonaldo.

Date: February 07, 2012 03:09PM
Posted by: Carlitox

Good solution for teams with similar-looking driver helmets. But it's still hideous.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: February 07, 2012 03:18PM
Yeah.. The snappers out there haven't found the appealing angles yet, some of today's pictures make me want to vomit and I thought I was getting used to the noses!

The Lotus looks the least offensive so far.

Date: February 07, 2012 05:14PM
Posted by: Isaint
Dammit! That Ferrari looks like a badly updated mod. It's sickening. The nose cone doen't even look like it belongs to the car more like they borrowed it out of shear desperation and just stuck it on to complete the remaining practice laps.
God, I'm just not excited about F1 this year first with the BBC/Sky business and now this pathetic decision to go ugly. Any one would think that they are trying to reduce viewers not increase them.
@#$%&! The whole world is getting ugly thank God for J-Lo. ;-) Think I'll watch Indy this year.;)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 05:22PM by Isaint.
Date: February 07, 2012 05:27PM
The indycar is fugly as well ;)

Date: February 07, 2012 05:53PM
J i m Wrote:
> The indycar is fugly as well ;)

Exactly, that's how demoralised I feel Jim:(

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: February 07, 2012 06:19PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Isaint Wrote:
> Dammit! That Ferrari looks like a badly updated mod. It's sickening. The nose cone doen't even look like it belongs to the car more like they borrowed it out of shear desperation and just stuck it on to complete the remaining practice laps.
> God, I'm just not excited about F1 this year first with the BBC/Sky business and now this pathetic decision to go ugly. Any one would think that they are trying to reduce viewers not increase them.

+1

I might not even bother this year, which is big coming from me. The only reasons I'd watch are because of the McLaren, the British Drivers and any other drivers I like.
Date: February 07, 2012 06:21PM
Isaint Wrote:
> J i m Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The indycar is fugly as well ;)
>
>
> Exactly, that's how demoralised I feel Jim:(

Could always follow the action on the radio... Then you don't have to look at it.

Date: February 07, 2012 06:27PM
LOl

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: February 07, 2012 06:34PM
Posted by: kubica2
who watches f1 for how attractive the cars look? what has kept f1 cars looking good for f1 fans for the last 15 years is the mental aspect of viewing the cars as the fastest race cars in the world. they will get over this new change just like they did after they changed to a narrow track in 1998 and when they changed to higher and narrower rear wings a few years ago. during both those years, i also read the same dumb comments like 'i nearly vommited" etc. (if anyone actually nearly vommited - i dont believe you, you are full of @#$%&)/
from a distance, you can usually only tell the cars apart by the liveries, that is more important to the overall look then a stepped nose, that is such a small item.

i hate the mainstream british f1 sites like planet-f1.com who immediately set in motion this love-hate atmosphere about the noses. they instantly called the mclaren "beautiful", and instantly called the ferrari "ugly", and in just about every article, including in headings they mention 'the ugly stepped nose". news sites like this control popular culture and popular thought. but when you compare the mclaren to so many actually good looking f1 cars in the past, the mclarens proportions are so fat and ugly - but these websites base their oppinion purely on the fact that mclaren does not have a stepped nose.

also, often people later look back on f1 cars, and relate beauty to achievements. a lot of people believe the ferrari 2000 car is one of the most beautiful ever, my thought is why??
also many people would consider the 2009 mclaren ugly, and the reason is because it underperformed and because it had a long wheel base. this is so stupid to me, the wheel base was a few centimetres longer then other cars, hardly visible, and it looks nearly identical to the supposedely "beautiful" 2012 mclaren.. ooh thats right its only beautiful now because it has no stepped nose.

the british f1 sites will be left in shame if mclaren half way through the year releases a b spec car with a stepped nose, and the car only then proves a winner.

also new indycars look attractive in ther own way, dont be surprised to see f1 go for rear wheel covers like that, to avoid incidents like webber flying over kovoleinen a couple of years ago. infact i am surprised f1 didnt do that first - as f1 is usually the keen to be first in such safety innovations. people will get used to the wheel covers.

from a distance, most open wheelers look the same. i have seen friends and relatives who know nothing about motorsport see an indycar, or an f3 race on tv and think it is f1, because it is open wheel racing.

i for one love technical changes in f1 that alter the cars looks, to me it is what f1 is all about, having the engineers try to build the best vehicle possible given the dimensions they have to work with.

lastly j lo is over rated, and a terrible singer.
Date: February 07, 2012 07:07PM
And of course this is all your opinion. So I suggest you take a deep breath go and sit in a corner some where and console yourself, because your opinion only means something to you not neccessarily to any one else. If you really think that aesthetics have nothing to do with the design of a n F1 car well friggin Whoopie doo! Maybe they'll all be driving bath tubs next year .... oh but with really nice liveries.
And J-Lo is overated to what?
You look at an ugly car and say all that's important is the livery.
Then you look at a beautiful woman and your're worried about if she can sing or not?
Makes a lot of sense my freind.

Oh and by the way, Im South American Portuguese and German ..... definately not British and the Mclaren is the best looking car out there.
And I am not a Mclaren fan ....... but that's only my opinion, I'm not going to get all hot and cold about it.

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 08:00PM by Isaint.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy