Sky Sports F1 HD

Posted by marwood82 
Re: Sky Sports F1 HD
Date: January 17, 2012 12:37AM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
Back for first time in a year. Who the hell wants to pay to watch Red Bull dominate, that's the biggest problem. Can anybody honestly say 2011 was exciting enough to want to actually pay for 2012 no matter what the price?

Date: January 17, 2012 12:43AM
Posted by: marcl
I don't know anyone that is going to pay extra to watch f1 next year.

I think sky are in for a shock.
Date: January 17, 2012 12:47AM
Posted by: J i m
Well it's not free to sky customers is it? It may be included in their existing package and as such they're aren't paying any extra to have it, but it's certainly not free since I imagine they're still paying for their sky service.

If you find the BBC coverage "unacceptable" then the answer is clear, get SKY or use dodgy streaming or simply don't watch F1 at all.

This deal is certainly annoying, I don't particularly like it much but it's still far better than many other countries get and at least we'll be able to watch the races on the same day of them happening.

Seriously this whole issue has got boring, there ar far worse things happening in the world that are far more "unacceptable" it's time we put things into a bit more perspective.

Date: January 17, 2012 02:03PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Damon Hill to provide expert analysis for SkyF1...

BBC it will have to be for me

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: January 17, 2012 09:01PM
Hill was actually really good when on the old F1 digital channel.
Date: January 17, 2012 09:18PM
Posted by: chet
Hill to sky?

:D!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 17, 2012 09:20PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well it's not free to sky customers is it? It may
> be included in their existing package and as such
> they're aren't paying any extra to have it, but
> it's certainly not free since I imagine they're
> still paying for their sky service.
>
> If you find the BBC coverage "unacceptable" then
> the answer is clear, get SKY or use dodgy
> streaming or simply don't watch F1 at all.
>
> This deal is certainly annoying, I don't
> particularly like it much but it's still far
> better than many other countries get and at least
> we'll be able to watch the races on the same day
> of them happening.
>
> Seriously this whole issue has got boring, there
> ar far worse things happening in the world that
> are far more "unacceptable" it's time we put
> things into a bit more perspective.

+1

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: January 18, 2012 12:52AM
Posted by: EC83
Expert analysis by Damon is an oxymoron in itself. Expect various rambling bullsh*t comments and plenty of generic bitter bitching about Schumacher.

Date: January 18, 2012 02:51PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
y2cwr2005 Wrote:
> Back for first time in a year. Who the hell wants
> to pay to watch Red Bull dominate, that's the
> biggest problem. Can anybody honestly say 2011 was
> exciting enough to want to actually pay for 2012
> no matter what the price?

2011 was no 2002 or 2004, the races were generally at least interesting.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 18, 2012 08:30PM
Posted by: davidm
Fully agreed. 2011 was exciting and while Vettel had the edge it was'nt like Ferrari in 2002. 2004. Also this TV moaning is unreal. If you aren't going to watch F1 because of £22 a month, not forgetting the other streams, filesharing repeats/torrent options and so on, it beggars belief. Moaning for months on here isn't going to get the BBC to change their mind. If you want to watch it without knowing the result, it will be easy enough. FFS give it a rest.
Date: January 19, 2012 02:58PM
Its not that people want the BBC to change their minds, its people wanting the same deal on Virgin that Sky customers get! That is all people want.

FFS no wonder why so many people left here as you are not allowed to say what you think without getting moaned at!

I thought people on here would understand, most do but some people just go off on one as normal.

You think there is a lot of moaning here go check out the virgin media forums lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2012 03:00PM by marcl.
Date: January 19, 2012 04:35PM
Posted by: J i m
Well you've said what you think and so have others. We're all entitled to our views and I put mine forward reasonably enough. I'm certainly not moaning at you or anyone else, I simply aired the view that the whole issue has become boring and in the grand scheme of things there are many more important things to get worked up about.

Date: January 19, 2012 08:44PM
Posted by: EC83
In fairness to marcl, people who've lost their free access to live F1 coverage, being forced to choose between paying a stupid amount of money to Sky of all organisations or only seeing half the races live(Or watching them on dodgy streams which won't be reliable or predictable), are entitled to "moan" a bit. And it's only been confined to this thread - I doubt anybody is spending loads of time worrying about it.

Date: January 19, 2012 09:39PM
Jim I don't mean you your comments have been fine, its when people start swearing etc I don't think is right.

Read here if you want to see just how strong people feel.

[community.virginmedia.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2012 09:40PM by marcl.
Date: January 19, 2012 10:00PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
to be honest with zou, guys, I feel I'm screwed big time. I study in Germany and quite honestly the rtl commentatary isn't to my liking at all (pre-race, post-race interviews with lauda and florian excluded).

Therefore EXPATSHIELD was my saviour in a way, regarding F1, but with no BBC now, theres no hope either. The german sky version of Formula one also doesnt suit me well. And I havent got a god damn idea where i ll be watching the new formula 1 season. the race build up and the post race interviews on RTL is a good idea, but the race itself.... i dont even have an option to watch the english sky, I think.

but moaning aint gonna do it, thats 4 sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2012 10:16PM by mitadumapaga.
Date: January 19, 2012 10:45PM
I think you are missing what I am getting at.

I cannot get a Sky dish, like many, but I have Virgin. I pay for Virgin XL which they claim is the same as Sky HD. Sky HD customers pay less than us and will receive the channel for no extra charge yet we will not and we will have to pay £22.50 and it won't be HD. Even is they said you can get it with Sky Sports 1 which is £11.50 but no they are making us get them all!

I have no problem watching Sky or anything like that, what they are going to offer should be better than what the BBC offered.

My problem and many peoples problem is that we feel with the XL package it should be free as well. All people want is fair treatment and not feel that we are being ripped off.

At least with RTL you can watch the race without the need to hunt for links etc, without the Sky channel we cannot even watch the race live. You are choosing not to watch them live, back in 1990 I watched RTL as they were the only channel showing live F1 due to Eurosport loosing the deal.

I am not moaning at all, I just think we are being ripped off when there is no need for them to do that.
Date: January 19, 2012 11:41PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
true that. apparently I didnt get your idea, marcl. still i hate when in the middle of the race RTL stop their broadcasting and start the commercials. 5 minutes of commercials... its just killing me.
Date: January 20, 2012 01:56AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
I've watched F1 online since 2008 so it doesn't matter too much who's broadcasting it because I can always find a way to watch it.

I know a site that will steam the Sky coverage in HD, if people want to know that site I will reveal it on request here.
Date: January 20, 2012 04:51AM
Posted by: **Taylor**
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> I've watched F1 online since 2008 so it doesn't
> matter too much who's broadcasting it because I
> can always find a way to watch it.
>
> I know a site that will steam the Sky coverage in
> HD, if people want to know that site I will reveal
> it on request here.

PM PLEASE!!!! ;-)

Date: January 20, 2012 10:36AM
Posted by: davidm
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> I've watched F1 online since 2008 so it doesn't
> matter too much who's broadcasting it because I
> can always find a way to watch it.
>
> I know a site that will steam the Sky coverage in
> HD, if people want to know that site I will reveal
> it on request here.

Would also appreciate a PM. I have Virgin XL but if its good its a real alternative. Is there much buffering? I have a very good download rate but it still slows down at weekends.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy