Australian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by mcdo 
Re: Australian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: March 27, 2010 10:24PM
Posted by: gav
alexf1fan
I said it was dampers without even reading the article ;) Clever me :-)

It's got @#$%& all to do with mass dampers though. A mass damper is traditionally housed in or near the nose, using frequency in order to effect the chassis and thus ride, while a suspension damper (as claimed to be used here) is totally different and used as part of the suspension setup, generally used to dampen the effect of bumps while retaining respectable (or perhaps in this example extreme) stiffness and/or ride heights.

You can claim the spelling but that's about it. Your meaning was totally different.

EC83
Well, just gone 9PM here of course, clocks go forward to 2AM at 1AM IIRC, and the counter on the BBC F1 page says about 7hrs 40mins till the GP.
Which means a 6AM race start. I think. :P

Either way I'm getting up at 5:55am. At worst I miss the pre-show. At best I miss the chance of making a decent breakfast. :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2010 10:28PM by gav.
Date: March 27, 2010 11:53PM
Posted by: Frantic
hey guys, I entered in windguru.com and it said this

according to that, we will have lots of clouds, and from 17hs to 20hs we would have rain (dunno if 0.4 mm/3h is a lot of rain or almost nothing)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2010 12:34AM by Frantic.
Date: March 28, 2010 05:23AM
Posted by: mcdo
I'm a few miles from Albert Park. Right now there's very light rain falling. The forecast is "rain increasing".
Date: March 28, 2010 05:36AM
Posted by: Slash
well i hope it rains, it can spice stuff up
Date: March 28, 2010 07:31AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
well prograame started at 6am here still so all is ok, i didnt miss anything aha ;)

Date: March 28, 2010 07:47AM
Posted by: EC83
Rain sprinkling on the grid! W00t!

Date: March 28, 2010 07:52AM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
I get a feeling Webber's gonna go for gold on the 1st corner, can just sense it! :-O

Edit: Or not....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2010 08:08AM by y2cwr2005.
Date: March 28, 2010 08:09AM
Posted by: matt3454
Ouch. Kobayashi in another major front wing incident.

If that front wing is a failure and not due to contact with another car then they must retire DLR also surely.

Date: March 28, 2010 08:50AM
Alonso's race to win then, hes by far the fastest of the front runners now Vettel is out.

Date: March 28, 2010 08:50AM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
Button leads... Vettel, wtf?

Date: March 28, 2010 09:04AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Brake failure for Vettel, hope Webbo wins this though, he's showing good pace.

Date: March 28, 2010 09:21AM
matt3454 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alonso's race to win then, hes by far the fastest
> of the front runners now Vettel is out.

That was presuming that everyone had to pit again.

Tyres are starting to fade, especially on the Ferrari's.

Date: March 28, 2010 09:29AM
Schumacher has been stuck behind Alguersuari nearly all afternoon. Oldest vs Youngest?

Date: March 28, 2010 09:39AM
Wow... Incredible drives for the top 4, for them to keep the tyres in the way they did for the whole race.

So now the (super?)softs can last pretty much the whole race? Pretty much makes the hard tyres useless.

Date: March 28, 2010 10:02AM
Posted by: slider
Great drive by Button. Spectacular overtaking moves by Hamilton. Hamilton must be careful that he does not turn into a spoiled brat. Kubiza was quietly quick. He sneaked in under the radar into 2nd. Webber lost the plot. Vettel needs to hand over his first born son to the Gods. His bad luck is ruining this season for him already. Overall: great race. A rule similar to Nascar must be brought in: Instead of a competition Yellow, F1 must have a competition rain storm. Have sprinklers installed on the track and have them come on when the race gets boring. :-)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: March 28, 2010 10:06AM
Posted by: J i m
Gah... F1 is so boring it's really annoying to be honest ;-)

Awesome race... one corner had more action than the whole of Bahrain. Great call by Button and epic care of the tyres, excellent drive by Kubica... hilarious n00bery by Massa yet a podium, great recovery by Alonso, Hamilton throwing his toys out of his pram, Webber made too many mistakes starting with qualifying 2nd, and Vettel was simply unlucky he should have won.

And Schumacher the epitome of lame being stuck behind Alguersuari.

Date: March 28, 2010 10:10AM
WAYY Better race than Bahrain, deffinitely exciting, the rain made things interesting at least, otherwise everybody would've applied the same strategy, 1 stop... clearly is very difficult to pass nowadays, Hamilton and Webber had to destroy their tyres to overtake and fight against everybody, and at the end they ended up in the same place they where at the beginning of the race, Jenson did a fantastic job, when he was the first to go for slicks i tought wtf? but it sure paid off., not sure if Vettel would've had to pit again considering the pace he was running, Jenson drove great, and at least he removed that stigma from winning races only with Brawn, today he didn't have the best car, but made the best out of the situation with his smooth driving style and risky strategy

Webber and Hamilton proved today that the 2 stop mandatory pit stop will make people race.. the way things are now, as Jenson proved is better to race for the result than for the spectacle, so with 2 stops we will get both, i think

matt3454 Wrote:
> Schumacher has been stuck behind Alguersuari
> nearly all afternoon. Oldest vs Youngest?
matt3454 Wrote:

frustrating race for Michael i think, after a good start the contact with Alonso was very unfortunate, Alonso turned in as if he didn't see Jenson who was clearly next to him... apparently Michael was having problems with the tyres, but i think the contact with Alonso could've caused some performance damaged, he was escalating positions with Alonso when the track was still slow, once it got fast he could't keep it up...

> Ouch. Kobayashi in another major front wing
> incident.
>
> If that front wing is a failure and not due to
> contact with another car then they must retire DLR
> also surely.

hmmm, not that i have anything against Japanesse drivers, but these guys are always Kamikazeez, i think Kobayashi made a la Sato-move there

7 days for Sepang let's hope for some rain there as well :p
Date: March 28, 2010 10:13AM
I don't think it was a banzai move. He had a near identical front wing failure in FP1.

Date: March 28, 2010 10:16AM
interesting, Hamilton things he should've gone 1 stop as everybody

[f1.gpupdate.net]

i really doubt he would've done it, he's a good driver and all but c'mon, even on previews years he was always hard on tyres

didn't he said on the radio with 5 laps to go that he had no tyres?
Date: March 28, 2010 10:21AM
matt3454 Wrote:
> I don't think it was a banzai move. He had a near
> identical front wing failure in FP1.

i'm sorry i think i'm getting ahead of myself, i didn't really watch how it started...

but i'm really interesting in Webber's version of the incident, is he going to blame the brakes as well?

EDIT: oh yeah and the RedBUll.......... fragile still. at least Vettel's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2010 10:21AM by Slash.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy