Road minister brands hamilton a d***k head

Posted by miffy 
Road minister brands hamilton a d***k head
Date: March 30, 2010 12:41AM
Posted by: miffy
The road minister for australia branded hamilton a d***k head on live radio. also webber says it pisses him off coming back to australia :O read it here.

[www.thesun.co.uk]
Re: Road minister brands hamilton a d***k head
Date: March 30, 2010 01:03AM
Posted by: marcl
I bet Lewis would rather just miss going there.

What makes me laugh a bit is that he is not the 1st F1 driver to be pulled over yet everyone is making such a big deal out of it.

I remember Mansell, Senna, Button, MS, Fissi, Alesi etc getting done for speeding and driving offences.
Date: March 30, 2010 01:40AM
Posted by: tripleM
i thought that Aussies are more creative with invectives

Date: March 30, 2010 05:07AM
Posted by: Slash
come on guys, let's not blow it out of proportion

over there they launched a road safety campaign, is called "Don't Be A Di**head".
i doubt he thinks Lewis is that, he was just relating it to the campaign

marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bet Lewis would rather just miss going there.
>
> What makes me laugh a bit is that he is not the
> 1st F1 driver to be pulled over yet everyone is
> making such a big deal out of it.
>
> I remember Mansell, Senna, Button, MS, Fissi,
> Alesi etc getting done for speeding and driving
> offences.

yes, but EVERYTHING Lewis does is overlooked...

besides he was looking for attention, the day before he claimed Mark Webber was considering retirement, apparently lewis is not only talented to drive fast a car, but to read other's people minds, or was he looking for attention considering he was at Webber's home race?
Date: March 30, 2010 06:01AM
Posted by: EC83
marcl Wrote:
> offences.

Yeah, but with those guys the driving/speeding offences tended not to be just the latest in a long and frequent list of silly things the driver had done/said.

Date: March 30, 2010 08:15AM
Posted by: gav
He's just saying what some of us have said from mid 2007, and many since early 2009. ;)
Date: March 30, 2010 08:27AM
Posted by: chet
After the race and after hearing him complain on the radio like he did ive lost alot of the respect I gained for him last year. He had no right to say the team cost him a better result.

When did you EVER hear them complain at his mistakes in Monaco or Monza??

As for the driving offence, agreed, its been made out to be so much more! And on Lewis not being motivated on the Saturday or being down because of it ... all I can say is, get a f*cking grip! move on, and go by a new f*cking car with the millions you own! (yes I know its not about the car but still ... :p)! I couldnt help but feel it was an excuse for him not getting the performance. The same way Button has said he's not confortable, its probably true, but its an excuse ;-)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 30, 2010 09:18AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
marcl Wrote:
> What makes me laugh a bit is that he is not the
> 1st F1 driver to be pulled over yet everyone is
> making such a big deal out of it.
>
> offences.

I think this is a bit different though. Its one thing to be caught on the open road, but to be stupid enough to do a burnout outside a major event, where there are always police around, was particularly worthy of criticism. Furthermore, I'm sure police could argue that there is a high chance of pedestrians being on the road late at night on a Friday night. Furthermore, someone was killed on that stretch earlier that day, so its probably not a surprise that police were particularly vigilant.

As Slash said, the only reason for the di*khead comment was because of the safety campaign that has been launched.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 30, 2010 12:01PM
Posted by: mortal
The sad fact is, here in Australia, as far as the road rules are concerned, we are over regulated. To the point where Australian drivers are more concerned about not copping a speeding ticket for driving 3klm over the limit than they are about road safety. It's not about safety, it's about revenue, every poll taken has shown that fact. Less regulated countries, with far more vehicles on the road, actually have a lower road toll.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 30, 2010 12:15PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
mortal Wrote:
> The sad fact is, here in Australia, as far as the
> road rules are concerned, we are over regulated.
> To the point where Australian drivers are more
> concerned about not copping a speeding ticket for
> driving 3klm over the limit than they are about
> road safety. It's not about safety, it's about
> revenue, every poll taken has shown that fact.
> Less regulated countries, with far more vehicles
> on the road, actually have a lower road toll.

Yes, and that's why I wasn't particularly surprised that 72% agreed with Webber's "nanny state" comments.

The case in point is probably Germany. If you asked most governments around the world to remove speed limits from their motorways, they would laugh, and yet the figures seem to indicate it actually assists in reducing incidents.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 30, 2010 12:27PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
The problem with speed limits isn't the speed limit itself though. It's still some of the knobs who are driving.

Here in South Africa, all our highways' speed limits are at 120kph, but we've had roadworks on them for the last 3 years - in this province, and the speed limits aren't above 80 anywhere. So you get all these cars that still think they can drive at 120kph, but you get many - like me - who adhere to those llimits. Also add in un-maintained, worn-out trucks which can't go properly uphill.

So there's a huge speed difference between the cars. If everybody was adhering to them, we wouldn't have these horrible accidents every day. But our traffic department is worse than useless - the opposite, in fact, of what it seems to be in Australia.

So I think having speed limits and strict road laws AND having them controlled and policed properly work better than not having any , or having them and not policing them properly.

I think some of you should be grateful for what you indeed have.
Date: March 30, 2010 02:01PM
Chet Lewis actually said the police thing did not effect him, it was Mclaren saying it did. His reason for 11th place was not being fast enough as he did not heat his tyres up properly.

And again a load of other drivers have complained about team tactics in public before and over the radio its nothing new. I do admit I thought was over over the top what Lewis said but I can see his point he done everything he could do and felt let down. When he crashed in Monaco and Monza he held his hands up and said sorry, and he has in public about what he said this time.

So everyone who is saying he is a dick for breaking the road laws, I assume you have never broken the speed limit or wheel spun as both them things are also illegal in the uk :)
Date: March 30, 2010 02:31PM
marcl
So everyone who is saying he is a dick for breaking the road laws, I assume you have never broken the speed limit or wheel spun as both them things are also illegal in the uk

You assume we don't also think or say the same about others. It's hardly a witch hunt.

And for the record, I hate speeding and I hate it when people do. It's totally unnecessary and they either have a complete disregard of the rules or feel they need to police themselves... or they just couldn't give a @#$%& and do so regardless.

Whether I agree with the rules is another matter, but I don't just go breaking them because it might not be what I'd have come up with.
Date: March 30, 2010 05:18PM
Gav sorry if it seemed that way did not mean it like that.

Just when people do 80mph down the motorway they are breaking the law and it just bugs me when people i.e my mates in really life who support other drivers are going on and on about this yet they are happy to get in their car and do 90.
Date: March 30, 2010 08:29PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Doing 80 down the motorway is only 1 mph more than the actual legal limit (which is 10% +2 of the posted signs in the UK). Being 1mph over the actual limit and doing burn outs in the street are different things.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 30, 2010 09:30PM
Just to be pedantic, that's not the strict legal limit as such Dave, it's more of a guideline (we're hearing of them quite a bit recently...). Drivers can still be prosecuted at under 10% +2mph over the limit, but it's apparently rare (such as also driving in a manner which would otherwise not warrant a warning, but may when combined with the 'abuse' of that tolerance zone).

Being caught above that limit certainly does guarantee a fixed penalty though (save for things like illegal cameras or other loopholes most footballers' lawyers seem to find).
Date: March 30, 2010 10:55PM
Posted by: Muks_C
mortal Wrote:
> The sad fact is, here in Australia, as far as the
> road rules are concerned, we are over regulated.
> To the point where Australian drivers are more
> concerned about not copping a speeding ticket for
> driving 3klm over the limit than they are about
> road safety. It's not about safety, it's about
> revenue, every poll taken has shown that fact.
> Less regulated countries, with far more vehicles
> on the road, actually have a lower road toll.

it's exactly the same in the UK. we are all so scared of being caught by a camera that you deliberately slow down or cover the brakes through a camera zone, and spend more time looking at your speedo than the road ahead. and it's clearly not for safety, it's just an endless revenue stream for the authorities.

and speed itself is not the issue. it's the inappropriate use of speed that's dangerous, like driving at 40 past a school, whereas doing 100mph on the motorway can be perfectly safe if the traffic, weather, and road conditions all allow.

also, the tolerance around the official speed limit for any road is purely at the discretion of the officer who caught you. one might let you off at 35mph in a 30 zone, another might do you for 31mph.

but yeah, what Lewis did outside the racetrack in a place that was packed with people and police was just stupid.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2010 11:08PM by Muks_C.
Date: March 30, 2010 11:03PM
Has anyone seen the video?
Date: March 30, 2010 11:18PM
Posted by: Muks_C
no video of the actual burnout, but some of the aftermath here on the news and with the police:

Click

to be honest, if anyone is going to be wheelspinning on the road, i'd rather it was someone highly skilled in car control such as an F1 driver, than a random idiot boyracer in a souped-up shitbox showing off to his mates.

it was done in the wrong environment, but i'm sure he was safe at all times, i doubt anyone was in any real danger. it's just blown out of proportion because of who he is. just a lack of judgement on his part really. role model or not, i don't think everyone should come down on him so hard as if they have never done anything silly before.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 31, 2010 02:23AM
Posted by: harjinator
i keep wheelspinning my corolla by accident (stupid clutch is wrecked) - didn't know it was an offence over here...

Lewis was just a complete tit all weekend. First his comments on webber, then the speeding fine, then bitching to the team about strategy... If i was mclaren, i'd be saying "well button is capable of making his own tyre choices, so why can't you?"

Wasn't it mansell who got caught speeding, and a cop pulls him over and says "who do you think you are? Ayrton Senna?"

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy