The Official 2009 Malaysian GP Thread *spoilers*

Posted by Anonymous User 
70% rain chance for qualify.

Let's see who will be lucky (for Saturday or Sunday) with rain setup gambling.
Re: The Official 2009 Malaysian GP Thread *spoilers*
Date: April 04, 2009 07:54AM
Posted by: matt3454
urggghhhh just got home. will watchh fp3 till i fall asleep most likeely miss qualythough :(

massa!! unlucky!!

Date: April 04, 2009 11:24AM
Posted by: Damas
WOW What a session !!!!! Massa out, Piquet, surly Renault need to get rid now after all of the "I need to out qualify Alonso" talk (and lets not forget Alonso is only 90% fit!!!), Button only did 5 laps, brilliant speed from the Toyota's and the RBR's. Can't wait for the next session :)
Date: April 04, 2009 11:26AM
Posted by: Shinnbob
Piquet.... dear me.....

Suprising about Massa, prooves the track improves and you must go out twice to be certain even in a apparently quick car

Ferrari confirmed they calculated wrongly and canceled another stint.

:o
ha Alonso doing well, even beat both mclarens!!! LOL

What happen to massa,not even make on Q2?maybe he got problems thats why he hadn't gotten out on pit

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Date: April 04, 2009 11:56AM
Posted by: Damas
No mate, Ferrari made a mistake.
2nd consecutive pole position for button.

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
embarrassing mistake by ferrari - but with a heavy fuel load and some patchy weather they could get a decent result.

flawless performance by Button once again, looking good for Trulli as well.

btw, if - for example - Barrichello or Vettel qualified on pole, do they get credited with the pole position, or is it the car that starts the race 1st?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 04, 2009 12:40PM
Posted by: chet
I think Button in the 2nd session was awesome, he was massivley quick on the harder of the two tyres... Its not the first time he has prefered the harder of tyres, I thought it was because they were not confortable on the option, but then he went out and did some good laps.

Brawn saying they were running fuel during practice, how much more than the rest (if at all) we will know tomorrow I guess. It appears they were saving their performance till today!

I really do not want rain tomorrow, at all!

Alonso had a good session imo. And when interviewed by BBC, "No excuses by me" or something like that. He is an honest, true guy.

Vettel once again doing awesome as did Webber and Trulli... I think he iwll be a supprise tomorrow. I hope Brawn do not discount him because I think Trulli could be heavier. Shame about Rubens, hasnt looked too well all weekend but hopefully tomorrow will come good for him.

Not much to say about Mclaren, but both drivers clearly getting maximum out of the car. This whole Hamilton saga seems quite big!

Yay Rosberg also :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 04, 2009 01:09PM
Posted by: Monza972
Overall a very good session. I got up to watch the FP3 this morning the ferraris seemed a little twitchy in corners to me. But it looks good now :)

Dire mistake from the Ferrari guys, they should've sent Felipe out if they had to use up another set of softs. Still a varied weather could propel him to the front. It's not the top 2's year this year. Although its too early to say, i think that Ferrari's and McLaren's are going to be somewhere in the midfield.

I'm loving the Brawns every single session, shame that Rubinho had to change a gearbox, as otherwise at 4th would've been fantastic for the team. Red Bulls are just immense. Bringing Vettel into the team HAS to be the best decision taken by them so far. This years contenders are BGP, Toyota and RBR with a change with the latter two going on throughout the season.
Unusual to see Ferrari drop the ball so badly...would we have seen the same mistake had Brawn been still with the team? Me thinks not :)

Toyota are looking damn good, it's a pity with their big budget they haven't picked up a top-level driver...I don't really rate Trulli so, he's fast but liable to make lapses and not be commanding enough in races. Hope O'Glock can improve over the season, because I still have a hunch that he has what it takes.
Should be interesting to see what the KERS cars can do off the grid tomorrow.
We saw in last week it was very good but because of the narrower track they couldnt actually pass properly (well from the camera we could see Kimi couldnt because he would have been on the grass!)

So, with Sepang being wider and a longer straight I think they will jump atleast 2 places off the grid going into turn 1..then it will come down to if they can hold that position.

AlsO does anyone know if and where gp2 will be shown online tomorrow?

Date: April 04, 2009 02:03PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
LOL @ Massa. Oops.

Disappointed slightly with Williams, I guess with it being so close though tiny things will have a big effect on positions.

I think we would all agree that Vettel is sensational - in the hunt for the title for sure, Webber wasn't as crap here too. I wonder how much fuel the Toyotas are carrying hmmm?? If normal amount then that is awesome pace too.

Once again Piquet is lame - get rid of him already and put Senna or Sato in that car. Bordais did much better this time around - he may yet keep his seat if I remember last year he got there eventually.
Date: April 04, 2009 02:43PM
Posted by: marcl
Was a good quali session that Brawn is just so fast will be interesting to see what fuel loads they are on.

Ferrari and Mclaren have so much work to do, which tbh is great as cars that dont normally stand a chance are doing well.

I think we are in for a surprise champ this year.
Date: April 04, 2009 03:02PM
Posted by: gin
Did you hear Buemis` radio transmission at the end of Q1 when he spun off? He sounds like such a girl! :) and was it me or did he go "something...something...NOOOOOOOOooooo!" at the end?? hilarious stuff :) :)

Date: April 04, 2009 03:36PM
Posted by: tozequio
No news on the cars weight yet?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy