The Official 2009 Malaysian GP Thread *spoilers*

Posted by Anonymous User 
Haha, Kimi hotboxed his Ferrari...it's looking a bit dodgy for the Ferraris actually finishing the race, they seem to have problems with it. Me wonders if they'll use it, and if they'll be anyway competitive without it.

The whole McLaren thing is a mess. They used Ryan as a scapegoat and then Whitmarsh went ahead and said Hamilton lied anyway. Dunno what's going on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2009 03:28PM by The Lopper.
@mclaren

Oh men!,i can't even imagine,lewis being kicked by team mclaren or even worse being kicked along with his mclaren team in f1 motorsport for lying multiple times including 2007 season.:) sweetest thing ever!

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2009 03:29PM by montoya6k.
Re: The Official 2009 Malaysian GP Thread *spoilers*
Date: April 03, 2009 04:12PM
Posted by: marcl
I think that will be the end of it now though, both Mclaren and Lewis have said sorry they feel 1 inch tall.

I mean they are not the 1st people to lie and wont be the the last. MAX lol.
Date: April 03, 2009 04:15PM
Posted by: Red Sam
McLaren got themselves into a right mess with this, didn't they?

However, the one thing that you can guarentee is that, whenever McLaren get into difficulities, Alonso will shoot his mouth off.

If he was so worried, why didn't he say something at the time? Instead he chose to blackmail his team with information that he held - in fact, withheld - in order to improve his own position.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
It's really satisfying to see McLaren get caught out.
Date: April 03, 2009 04:20PM
Posted by: Nickv
Well, what was left of McLaren's good name has now gone into the gutter. And Hamilton shouldn't make up excuses that he is a teamplayer and now feels guilty. He only feels bad now because he got caught. If he really thinks it's so bad, if he really isn't a liar, if he really isn't unfair, he should've said to his team that he wouldn't keep stuff behind. Then probably there wouldn't have been a penalty and nothing would've happened.
I agree,and remember the innocent 2Time-WDC suffer from this team,and now it paid off to him,sort of...i think:) but thats a good thing,Punshing those who disobeyed in rules

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Date: April 03, 2009 04:21PM
I read the Alonso thing and I dont get what he means tbh, is he saying Mclaren did not tell him to leave the pits? as it seemed that way from all the hand movements?

I still dont beleive the story tbh about Dave Ryan, he has been in the sport to long to make that error. I just dont get it but whatever.

Alonso is also racing for a team that lied in 1994, and lied to the FIA about it. Ferrari also lied in 1994, Larini said they ran TC on a Friday Ferrari said they did not. MS parked his car in Monaco that year and said he did not to the FIA. So as I said its not the 1st time.

Just this time its all been made very very public, how they thought they would get away with it I dont know. But I do think that Lewis should get susspended, he is just as bad as Dave Ryan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2009 04:26PM by marcl.
Date: April 03, 2009 04:25PM
Posted by: tripleM
"If he was so worried, why didn't he say something at the time? Instead he chose to blackmail his team with information that he held - in fact, withheld - in order to improve his own position."

Anything said by Alonso at the time against McLaren would have been soundly dismissed by your ilk for whatever reason seemed fit.

marcl schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read the Alonso thing and I dont get what he
> means tbh, is he saying Mclaren did not tell him
> to leave the pits? as it seemed that way from all
> the hand movements?
>
> I still dont beleive the story tbh about Dave
> Ryan, he has been in the sport to long to make
> that error. I just dont get it but whatever.
>
> Alonso is also racing for a team that lied in
> 1994, and lied to the FIA about it. Ferrari also
> lied in 1994, Larini said they ran TC on a Friday
> Ferrari said they did not. MS parked his car in
> Monaco that year and said he did not to the FIA.
> So as I said its not the 1st time.
>
> Just this time its all been made very very public,
> how they thought they would get away with it I
> dont know. But I do think that Lewis should get
> susspended, he is just as bad as Dave Ryan.

Thats assuming they lied. This is problem that he lied, thats a difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2009 04:44PM by Iceman-Kimi.
Date: April 03, 2009 04:37PM
Please do not think for 1 sec I am deffending Mclaren or Lewis as I am not.
Date: April 03, 2009 04:55PM
Posted by: gav
Red Sam Wrote:
> However, the one thing that you can guarentee is
> that, whenever McLaren get into difficulities,
> Alonso will shoot his mouth off.

If someone asks you a question, it's good that they answer it, rather than coming out with the PR-friendly "I don't want to comment".

Red Sam Wrote:
> If he was so worried, why didn't he say something
> at the time? Instead he chose to blackmail his
> team with information that he held - in fact,
> withheld - in order to improve his own position.

All we know is what happened in front of us at the Hungaroring and that Alonso wasn't wanted beyond the end of the season. Everything after that was just 'according to a source'. Given the actions of the past few days, how much can anyone trust what McLaren say now or in the recent past? If they're prepared to lie over such a small incident, in which they'd gain a single point, where does it end?
Date: April 03, 2009 05:18PM
Posted by: Red Sam
tripleM Wrote:
> "If he was so worried, why didn't he say something
> at the time? Instead he chose to blackmail his
> team with information that he held - in fact,
> withheld - in order to improve his own position."
>
> Anything said by Alonso at the time against
> McLaren would have been soundly dismissed by your
> ilk for whatever reason seemed fit.

If he could substantiate it to the FIA, it doesn't matter what "my ilk" think about it.

I'm not saying that McLaren are being badly treated here, but to somehow suggest that what happened last week proves that they have been lying for years is taking it a bit far, IMO.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: April 03, 2009 05:27PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Quelle surprise, Alonso has used the experience to try to make excuses for himself. Of course he didn't act like a child in 2007 and get beaten by a rookie in the same car. No, it would be ridiculous of my 'ilk' to suggest that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2009 05:31PM by jbnd05.
But i think,Martin withmarsh is the only a honest vintage mclaren employee man,based from my point of view.

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

—Fangio
Date: April 03, 2009 06:13PM
Posted by: Monza972
No he isn't, he tried to cover the whole thing up when it was already out in the open. He was just digging a deeper hole for himself
Date: April 03, 2009 06:18PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
Now I'm starting to
> think that Alonso was right all along in 2007.

Duh?! You think??!
montoya6k Wrote:
> But i think,Martin withmarsh is the only a honest
> vintage mclaren employee man,based from my point
> of view.

If vintage McLaren means dishonest bullshitter (which actually, it might), then I agree. "Lewis didn't lie, he was just misled". Yeah...first of all, Hamilton is not a 10 years old, he knew what he was doing, and even if you want to call that being misled, he still lied and just because he did it for "the team", doesn't make that any better. I heard him apologising to the fans and driver/team supporters, yet not to Trulli, and also not taking all that much responsibility either. Yeah let's all scapegoat-it onto one guy and do our best to come out of it looking whiter than white, that's how we do things here at McLaren.
Date: April 03, 2009 06:40PM
Posted by: tripleM
"If he could substantiate it to the FIA, it doesn't matter what "my ilk" think about it."

Fail.

Even if he managed to bring proof to the table, he would have gained nothing except possibly also losing his points, completely losing support of the team and further damaging his reputation in the eyes of the fans.

While you're at it, maybe you should also criticize Hamilton for only showing regret when his hand got caught in the cookie jar and not after Trulli lost his podium.

Date: April 03, 2009 06:45PM
Posted by: Monza972
This is the exact problem why drivers have not been able to in McLaren too long. With the exception of Mika, David and Kimi. Otherwise as you have seen from JPM and Alonso's point of view, its all corporate things down at McLaren and they want to give off a specific image compared to the rest of the teams who want to show their individuality. I mean how many tattoos does Kimi have now compared to when he was in McLaren, how long has Alonso kept his hair when he was with Renault when he was fighting for the WDCs in two years. These guys at McLaren want to known as the superior of the paddock who have discipline but lots of discipline causes teams to fall apart due to them doing it "for the team"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy