The Official 2009 Malaysian GP Thread *spoilers*

Posted by Anonymous User 
What are the odds of Bourdais keeping his seat til Abu Dhabi?

2013 - Nando must come through..
I have audio from Hamilton and Mclaren incident (which is on FIA website) if anyone wants it ;)
Re: The Official 2009 Malaysian GP Thread *spoilers*
Date: April 03, 2009 11:44AM
Posted by: marcl
I personally think Mclaren should also susspend Lewis for 2 or 3 races and put Pedro in the car. Martin has also said he might step down but does not know yet.

What a mess.
Just been looking at the fastest times in practise 2, and how long the stints where they where done;

Raikkonen; 1:35.707, set in a 15 laps stint
Massa; 1:35.832, set in a 13 laps stint
Vettel; 1:35.954, set in a 13 laps stint
Rosberg; 1:36.015, set in a 7 laps stint
Webber; 1:36.026, set in a 11 laps stint
Barrichello; 1:36.161, set in a 9 laps stint
Button; 1:36.254, set in a 6 laps stint
Nakajima; 1:36.290, set in a 5 laps stint
Kovalainen; 1:36.397, set in a 5 laps stint
Piquet; 1:36.401, set in a 5 laps stint
Hamilton; 1:36.515, set in a 5 laps stint
Trulli; 1:36.516, set in a 5 laps stint
Buemi; 1:36.628, set in a 6 laps stint
Glock; 1:36.639, set in a 4 laps stint
Alonso; 1:36.640, set in a 4 laps stint
Sutil; 1:36.875, set in a 5 laps stint
Kubica; 1:37.267, set in a 16 laps stint
Bourdais; 1:37.278, set in a 7 laps stint
Fisichella; 1:37.432, set in a 5 laps stint
Heidfeld; 1:37.930, set in a 14 laps stint

Doesn't say to much, just gives a small indication of the times I think, some teams might play hide and seek...

the brawn(along with a few others) looked a bit twitchy going into the final corner.

was the wind blowing down that back straight?
Date: April 03, 2009 12:07PM
Posted by: antihero
Lol @ Vettel: "Every time you come in to the box it's like you've been in the shower," he explained. "Fortunately I've got a bag with dry ice in it which I put next to my balls, so at least they stay nice and cool!" ;)

Bring back the racing
antihero Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lol @ Vettel: "Every time you come in to the box
> it's like you've been in the shower," he
> explained. "Fortunately I've got a bag with dry
> ice in it which I put next to my balls, so at
> least they stay nice and cool!" ;)

i'd be praying that bag doesnt get a hole in it otherwise that is going to hurt :-)
Date: April 03, 2009 12:23PM
The Ferrari looked the best car out there this morning but will they finish the race thats the thing.

RBR are doing a great job and should be well up there.

Williams were fast but we saw in the last race they could not follow their friday times through.

Brawn I dunno I dont think they were really pushing hard tbh.

Mclaren still look bad.
hamilton points the finger at dave ryan

[www.autosport.com]
Date: April 03, 2009 12:48PM
yes I thought that would happen tbh, they seem to be making him the scape goat. A well written speach by lewis to try and get people back on side.

But would he jump of a cliff if they told him to? and how much was he told to say and not to say in 2006? These are the questions people will ask.

Whatever Dave told him to say or not to say he still lied when they asked the question about the car radio. Maybe Dave did not know Lewis had already spoken to the press.
[www.autosport.com]

Barrichello to get five-place grid penaly

Friday, April 3rd 2009, 11:07 GMT

Rubens Barrichello will be given a five-place grid penalty at the Malaysian Grand Prix after needing a gearbox change following Friday's practice.

The Brazilian, who finished second in the Australian Grand Prix last weekend, did not have any apparent problems during practice, but his Brawn GP team has decided a gearbox change was necessary ahead of tomorrow's sessions.

As a result of the change, Barrichello will get a grid penalty because gearboxes must last for four grand prix weekends.

Date: April 03, 2009 01:25PM
Posted by: chet
Very good points there marcl!!

I fully agree, Lewis was still the one who lied, and I am pretty disgusted at the way Mclaren have palmed off the blame to one man.

It has been said many times, the team shares its success together and also its failures. At all costs I think it is important for the team to stay together. Not good by Mclaren, not good by MartinW imo. He has gone down in my books alot!

On the practice, just watched, the Ferraris looked good, very good as did the RedBulls. Not so sure about the Brawns, I would like to think they are running ALOT of fuel, but I doubt that. Looks like it will be a tough weekend! Hopefully though they can get it sorted for tomorrow. Then again this could all go to sh*t if it rains on Sunday :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 03, 2009 01:40PM
Posted by: raulongo
[picasaweb.google.es] Updated Galery with pictures from both Practice Sesions.

Was interesting watch F1 again... a week has been so much for me. By the way, any one noticed the rear wheel covers of Williams cars going out the car?

Tomorrow we will see the pole-man... I hope the race with rain. It'll make it even more interesting.

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: April 03, 2009 02:03PM
Posted by: IWE
chet Wrote:
> I am pretty disgusted at the way Mclaren have
> palmed off the blame to one man.

Well.. They did exactly same with the "spying" case 2 years ago so Im not supriced.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 03, 2009 02:04PM
Posted by: Lex
chet schrieb:
> On the practice, just watched, the Ferraris looked
> good, very good as did the RedBulls. Not so sure
> about the Brawns, I would like to think they are
> running ALOT of fuel, but I doubt that. Looks like
> it will be a tough weekend! Hopefully though they
> can get it sorted for tomorrow. Then again this
> could all go to sh*t if it rains on Sunday :p

Yeah, one would think that Brawn's Melbourne's pace would be repeated in Malaysia. I wonder whether Ferrari could improve their F60 in less than a week or Brawn simply didn't find the right setup, or both.

[fanboy]Hopefully it will rain like hell on Sunday, so Rubens can open a minute lead in P1 and snatch his first victory for Brawn! ;)[/fanboy]

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: April 03, 2009 02:10PM
Posted by: senninho
raulongo Wrote:
> [picasaweb.google.es]
> TRONASMalaysianGrandPrix Updated Galery with
> pictures from both Practice Sesions.

Thanks, some good ones there! A couple caught my eye:

Brundle borrowing DC's lid.

This one's a bit more interesting - McLaren are still flow testing.

Alonso: "It's not first time that Mclaren lies"

"It remembered me 2007 season. It's not the first time they meet stewards, it's not the first time they lie to the stewards and soon or later they had to be punished. Of course I lost the championship by one point and racing at Hungaroring they made me a dirty trick"
Date: April 03, 2009 02:24PM
Posted by: chet
tbh Lex I think its more a lack of setup knowledge of the car and because the conditions are quite warm, something which the team has not yet encountered, and I guess only the people who went to Bahrain have. Though still not as hot as here.

Though we have to remember Ferraris friday pace was still awesome and every bit as quick as Brawns, God knows what happened on Sunday though!

I think this is more a case of Brawn not getting setup right, and Ferrari simply being normal...

edit - some vortex generators (;)) on that diffuser there in the central part. A high res image of it would be nice. looks to me like the flow is diverging to the out edges in that central section.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2009 02:26PM by chet.
Whitmarsh is saying that Hamilton lied: [en.f1-live.com]

What a mess McLaren made. Now I'm starting to think that Alonso was right all along in 2007.

About practice, I ended up not watching them...too tired/busy playing Civilization IV. But it was nice to see Kimi up front. Bodes well for the race. Shame about Rubens though...was hoping he could beat Button this weekend, just to keep things even :)
casabonka Wrote:
> What are the odds of Bourdais keeping his seat til
> Abu Dhabi?

I told you guys,Ditechs?!?bla bla the owner of redbull,should have hired sato,because im guessing they comparing the statistics of this 2 drivers,and doest affect those trial test they done last winter lol!,sato an experienced driver with a bunch of crash records vs bourdis 4 time?champ,wtf!sato can easily out-pace this guy,such a shame even the rookie buemi out-paced him in every practice session.

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy