The Final F1 Pre-Season Test :O

Posted by danm 
Re: The Final F1 Pre-Season Test :O
Date: March 11, 2009 09:35PM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
What I find most interesting about the Ferrari is that they have not introduced any substancial aereo upgrade,the car looks about the same as the one they showed in January.
Date: March 11, 2009 09:45PM
Posted by: chet
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BMW no better than 9th, battling for 2nd last
> against Force India? Doubtful, when most seem to
> be suggesting they'll be Ferrari's biggest
> challengers. ;-)

Silly me, I forgot about them!!! lol

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 11, 2009 09:55PM
Guess what? Brawn GP are for real according to Alonso, he said that for them is nearly impossible to do that kind of lap even without fuel. He also says that the strongest teams are Ferrari,Brawn GP, BMW and Toyota. Here is the link for those that understand spanish:

[www.elmundo.es]
Date: March 11, 2009 10:22PM
Posted by: Ali
Well, I suppose Alonso tries to get rid of some pressure. His pace is quite good, I don't think is that far from the BMW or even Ferrari. Brawn GP is another story and who knows what are they really doing...
Date: March 11, 2009 10:40PM
Posted by: marcl
Probably the best thing that could have happened to that team and that was Honda pulling out.
Date: March 11, 2009 10:48PM
Posted by: tripleM
Great, for once a Honda designed car strikes gold and people deny them credit for it.

Date: March 11, 2009 11:00PM
Posted by: danm
brawn gp to win in 2009 odds now read at 11/4.

11/4!!!!! WTF!!!! damnnnnnnn

ah, some other sites quoting button at 40-1 and rubens at 125-1! now that surely is worth a quid bet for both!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2009 11:05PM by danm.
Date: March 11, 2009 11:49PM
Posted by: Sapo
Can we conclude that Japanese managers can't do motorsports? ;) (And English can)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: March 11, 2009 11:52PM
Sorry think you miss what I meant, I mean the car is probably better off without the Honda engine.
Date: March 12, 2009 12:08AM
Posted by: tripleM
yes, because having a Mercedes engine more than makes up for losing 60% of the budget, half the staff, half the facilities, 3 months of development time and a developed KERS

Date: March 12, 2009 12:25AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
don't forget though, Honda was maybe the first team to start development for this year, so I don't actually know if BrawnGP they have that much of a development set back, as they got quite a jump start..

Date: March 12, 2009 12:26AM
Posted by: The Lopper
While admittedly the car has lacked testing time, it has been in development since mid 2008, so it hasn't lacked development time. However, those who diss Honda would do well to remember how Senna won all those lovely titles. Since the car was designed to suit a Honda, I doubt the car's performance can be attributed entirely to Mercedes.

There's a lot of good news stories surrounding Brawn at the moment, but to be honest I'm still sceptical.
Date: March 12, 2009 12:31AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
It seems the car has been developed since 2007, they've already been testing parts of the 09 car in Super Aguri.
Date: March 12, 2009 12:39AM
I give up I can not get across what I am trying to say the way I mean it.

All I mean is the Honda engine was down on power so having the merc engine will help them.

Yes they have lost the other things, but it could have been a lot worse, they could have starting testing and been 3 seconds off the pace.

And now there are not people running the team from a board room the team might be able to move forward like they were in the BAR days under David Richards.

Thats what I mean really.
Date: March 12, 2009 01:05AM
Posted by: chet
[premium.f1-live.com]

All smiles, and look at the pitboard :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 12, 2009 01:16AM
Posted by: danm
mr chet, this could well be out day of reckoning! :) rejoice, fancy a morris dance?

in other news, i like one street away in portsmouth from a... wait for it... Chetwyn Street!

I only noticed today, and LOL's loud!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 12, 2009 01:42AM
Posted by: montoya6k
OMG!! Honda are really on bad timing pulling out their team(although they are struggling with finance) but so what?they could easily make money with their supreme car that supposed to be called "RA-109" design by schumacher's right foot(brawn)hee hee,with a little experience of this driver from the 90's called robin williams aka(Rubens),anyways looks like we got an opposite situation here for mclaren where honda's position last year was nearly last,well this year,its mclaren who got into season of honda's last year position.and i don't count on mclaren's golden boy aka (wanna be)ayrton senna and back to reality,if he got balls like senna does(im not referring to bruno but ayrtone :) ) well he could be on top 4 now,atleast..thats i expect.

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2009 01:55AM by montoya6k.
Date: March 12, 2009 03:40AM
Sapo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can we conclude that Japanese managers can't do
> motorsports? ;) (And English can)

Well they can do motorsports, they just can't seem to be able to do F1, I am hoping Toyota changes that this season, so far so good.

BTW the GT-one was the creme de la creme in 1999 it just didn't had luck, also the Celica in WRC was pretty good I say. So the Japanese can definitely do motorsports, they just can't seem to be able to grasp F1 yet.
Date: March 12, 2009 09:27AM
Posted by: montoya6k
i bet, Brawn GP 001's flat low down nose makes 1 sec faster than those 2009 f1 spec high nose(ex.ferrari)

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Date: March 12, 2009 10:19AM
Posted by: J i m
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy