The Final F1 Pre-Season Test :O

Posted by danm 
Re: The Final F1 Pre-Season Test :O
Date: March 11, 2009 05:16PM
Posted by: danm
toyota engine was the only one that ran all last year without a failure, new article on the latest f1 racing magazine.

edit: honda were raving about 2009 in mid 2008...

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2009 05:25PM by danm.
Date: March 11, 2009 05:19PM
Posted by: superchargednut
'while in the Williams pits he wanted to discuss the 30cm-high cockpit fairing fins'

GET EM OFF.

Date: March 11, 2009 05:22PM
Posted by: marcl
Ron also had no concerned with the mp4/18 and mp4/19a. So I really tend to ignore what he says with regards to testing.

I think people need to start to relise that is the true pace of the Brawn car.
Date: March 11, 2009 05:26PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
it would be incredible should Brawn carry this form into Melbourne. However, i think Ferrari will be the ones to beat. After that, it could be BMW, Renault, Toyota, Brawn or Red Bull (not in any order), and it is too early to discount McLaren as well.

I think that while Williams and Force India have made major progress, they will still be at the back of the field, and possibly Toro Rosso as well - in particular Buemi early in the season.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 11, 2009 05:36PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
found a video from testing, just check out the acceleration from the ferrari easily pass Kovy

&feature=channel">
&feature=channel" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2009 05:38PM by DJSKYLINE.
Date: March 11, 2009 05:40PM
Posted by: chet
The Ferrari did start a little earlier though.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 11, 2009 05:44PM
Posted by: J i m
I think it was just a better start to be honest.
Date: March 11, 2009 05:55PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
i know i know i know it's only testing but i'm super impressed with brawn gp right now

i have a feeling button could be our surprise package, he proved in 2004 he can race with the big guys imo.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: March 11, 2009 06:02PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Yep i agree, i think kovy would have been basing his start when Kimi started so a delay there.
Sorry im just getting hyper..season isnt long away

Ferrari looks good, Kimi fastest yesterday when he wasnt even pushing 100%. Still its testing and who knows what others are doing though. BrawnGP look in good shape for atleast midfield running imo, mclaren struggling at the back which hopefully they can sort out for australia.

Date: March 11, 2009 06:28PM
Posted by: marcl
Its turn 2 lewis went off at, what a strange corner to go off at though I dont think I have seen many go off there.
Date: March 11, 2009 07:06PM
BrawnGP look in good shape for atleast midfield running imo

Yup.

Today's time was prob a qualifying run, the times from before, the 20's and 21's seem to have been with some race fuel. If so then they are probably around the Renaults pace I reckon...

Date: March 11, 2009 07:44PM
Posted by: danm
would be justice served if brawngp are successful for the williams spygate and the waiting for honda/bar all those years. commitment pays off. we can hope. :)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 11, 2009 08:10PM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> toyota engine was the only one that ran all last
> year without a failure, new article on the latest
> f1 racing magazine.
>
> edit: honda were raving about 2009 in mid 2008...

That's pretty good reliablity but now that Honda is gone it's the weakest enginein terms of power.Brawn GP seems to be very quick but this just shows how not a single team has really pushed for extreme speed in these test, because it's highly unlikely that they are a full second ahead of everyone.
Date: March 11, 2009 08:25PM
Posted by: alexf1man
[www.formula1.com] Hamilton has MBE written on his car :)
Date: March 11, 2009 08:39PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Master of the British Empire ;)
Date: March 11, 2009 08:43PM
Posted by: watercolours
And that's the long waited aero upgrade which will turn the MP4-24 into a podium sweeper miracle machine.
Date: March 11, 2009 08:46PM
Posted by: gav
If you discount Brawn's time (presumably a pure a qualifier, and the only clear one at that), then all 10 teams are separated by 1.5 seconds. One point five! After the biggest changes in regulations since 1998 - possibly longer - with so many different approaches, ideas, car shapes, using or not using KERS... this is epic stuff. I make it that the shortest lap (time wise) on the 2008 calendar was Interlagos, and even then the gap in qualifying 1 between fastest and slowest was 1.7 seconds - and presumably the fastest car used the worse rubber.

Speaking of Brawn, I think I have to back down. I do still have big reservations on their speed, and while I maintain that they've clearly got an excellent car, it appears that rather than taking a while to get going, they've hit the ground running, so to speak. I doubt many expect them to be a genuine front runner in Melbourne, but even Mr. Spectacle here is beginning to wonder if do have the potentially fastest car at their disposal. Whether their resources let them realise all that potential I do seriously doubt, but if nothing else, it's obvious they've got an excellent base, whether these times are 100% genuine or not.

Regardless, 2009 should be the closest season throughout since... well ever. I can't remember any season where all the cars have been close.

It does look like Ferrari are probably strongest though - they're always at or near the top, regardless of the programme they're running.
Date: March 11, 2009 09:10PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Brawn GP may be very quick indeed but they haven't had the chance to iron out reliability issues and I think that may end up being the biggest factor against them!
Date: March 11, 2009 09:19PM
Thats because so far there have been no reliability issues, at least non to worry about. Is that a worry in itself? maybe.

Gav, I agree, that Ferrari imo looks quite above the rest, and not by just a little.

imo the fight will be for second, which the way I see it will be close between Toyota, Renault, RedBull, Brawn, and Mclaren, with Williams and STR very close behind.

It looks very very close which really is the biggest supprise this winter!

Date: March 11, 2009 09:24PM
Posted by: gav
BMW no better than 9th, battling for 2nd last against Force India? Doubtful, when most seem to be suggesting they'll be Ferrari's biggest challengers. ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy