Belgium Grand Prix 2008 ***SPOILERS***

Posted by SachaAohen 
Re: Belgium Grand Prix 2008 ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 13, 2008 05:20AM
Posted by: Trido
Wow, so many Hamilton haters. At any rate, McLaren have a case because they asked twice if the pass was legal and they said yes both times. Since that is the case they should fine Hamilton or McLaren as they did after the Massa incident in Valencia instead of doing something that affects the championship.
Date: September 13, 2008 06:33AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Wow, so many Hamilton haters

No. Just motorsport fans who like seeing fair racing.

At any rate, McLaren have a case because they asked twice if the pass was legal and they said yes both times.

already been discussed, but I'll mention it again.

McLaren asked Charlie Whiting if the pass was legal. Charlie said "I don't see a problem with it" and asked the stewards to take a look at the pass. Charlie Whiting has NO SAY in the stewards decision and has no right to state what was legal and what was illegal. McLaren knows this but chose to ask him anyway. The stewards are in charge of decisions such as this and the stewards found it illegal.

You cannot ask a random person, unconnected with the decision if it was legal and then use this answer as a basis for an appeal.

Your point about Massa in Valencia also has nothing to do with Lewis chosing the cut the course and break the rules.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 13, 2008 06:48AM
Posted by: dkpioe
its good they the clarified the rule like that, because if hamilton had not cut the chicane, he would have been several meters further back from kimi, it would have been harder to repass, but he only gave back enough so he still had enough chance to repass.
Date: September 13, 2008 06:57AM
Posted by: Slash
dolinseks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it doesnt matter if this comments bother kimi or
> not, this just proves how pathetic hypocrat
> hamilton is. everybody is wrong and he is right
> (at least he thinks so). all the great champions
> never made such comments about their opponents,
> hamilton is the first to do so. he must realize
> that he isnt on haiti (or where his father came
> from) anymore.

[www.autosport.com]

even his boss who bends over for him, took credit away from hamilton on the Spa win...

whatever he's playing is just making him look more like a stupid than anything else
Date: September 13, 2008 07:42AM
Posted by: Trido
dkpioe Wrote:
> its good they the clarified the rule like that,
> because if hamilton had not cut the chicane, he
> would have been several meters further back from
> kimi, it would have been harder to repass, but he
> only gave back enough so he still had enough
> chance to repass.

I agree. Kinda had to be done after what happened.
Date: September 13, 2008 10:29AM
Posted by: gav
Trido Wrote:
> Wow, so many Hamilton haters.

Nope. I dislike the bloke as a bloke for his off-track attitude, but on track I love his style and flair. It sort of balances things out for me.

Why do you assume that anyone agreeing with the decision, or rather the decision to penalise, is a "Hamilton hater"?
Date: September 13, 2008 10:44AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
kubica said something like he couldnt believe hamilton said that, and if he did he should have had more respect for the other drivers.

Date: September 13, 2008 11:03AM
I like drivers that have an attitude. I like tension, rivalry etc. I just think Lewis is talking completely out his arse. Braking for a low speed chicane takes balls?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 13, 2008 11:45AM
Interestingly, Max has given 2 opinions on the Hamilton incident.

The first mistake was that McLaren shouldn't have asked Charlie Whiting about the validity of the move.

The second was the that Charlie himself shouldn't have given it - not so much that it might have been wrong, but because it was a sensetive time in the race, and Charlie should have been managing the track and potentially the safety car and red flag situations. Had there been a red flag situation on track, without a red flown, and Charlie was asked why, and he'd come back "I was talking to McLaren about something else", he'd have been in the @#$%&. I'm sure Max didn't use those last few words (or perhaps he did... we've had an all-to-graphic insight into his life after all :P).

Sounds like Charlie's had his wrists slapped.
Date: September 13, 2008 11:49AM
The first mistake was that McLaren shouldn't have asked Charlie Whiting about the validity of the move.

Which is correct. He has nothing to do with it.

But let us remember, Max was the man who tried to tell Martin Brundle that his experience counted for nothing in the Alonso/Massa "blocking" incident, and that any car within 300m of another will be getting a penalty.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 23, 2008 04:17PM
"McLaren's appeal over Lewis Hamilton's penalty has been rejected as inadmissable by the FIA."

BBC website sport ticker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy