Belgium Grand Prix 2008 ***SPOILERS***

Posted by SachaAohen 
Belgium Grand Prix 2008 ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 04, 2008 09:47AM
Posted by: SachaAohen

Length: 4.352 miles
Lap record: 1:45.108 (Raikkonen -Mclaren, August 29, 2004)

Date: August 05, 2007 08:59AM
Posted by: Locke Cole (IP Logged)

I post what I want, where I want. Whether or not anybody else posts there is irrelevant.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2008 01:14PM by mortal.
Re: Belgium Grand Prix 2008 ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 04, 2008 10:33AM
Posted by: Sapo
If you really want to open the GP thread first, make something of it then, by posting some trivia etc ;)

I really hope:

-Raikkonen wins (because he does not good)
-Hamilton wins (because he deserves the CS as soon as possible)
-Massa wins (because he's still the underdog, but also the man to beat last races)
-Kovalainen wins (because: why not?)
-for some awesome crashes
-rain the whole weekend

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: September 04, 2008 10:37AM
Posted by: marcl
I was thinking about this the other day.

They are going to have to really push to get 2 quali runs done in the quali3 as they only have 10 mins.

They will have to drive near enough flat out on the out and in laps it could get very busy out there with 10 drivers on hot laps all at the same time.

It also looks like it will rain during the race and maybe quali.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2008 10:44AM by marcl.
Date: September 04, 2008 10:38AM
Posted by: SachaAohen
well I guess you cannot satisfy everyones wishes. I have my reasons for staring it just the way I started it, but they wil remain my little secret

Date: August 05, 2007 08:59AM
Posted by: Locke Cole (IP Logged)

I post what I want, where I want. Whether or not anybody else posts there is irrelevant.
Date: September 04, 2008 10:57AM
Posted by: J i m
One thing I would point out is that lap record from 2004, is slightly invalid. Whilst it may be the official record we should also remember that the layout from Blanchimont to La Source has changed since then and it is actually a little bit longer.

To the racing, Kimi will need to pull his socks up, Spa has been his track for the past few years and he will need to continue that tradition if he is to pull himself back into the thick of the championship fight. I do not think he can rely on gaining 17 points in the final two races this year, although having said that, the rate of mistakes amongst the championship protagonists this year, I wouldn't rule it out either.

There is a notion in the paddock that this could be McLaren's race due to their car responding better to the tyre compound taken to this track. That may be the case... but also you'd say the Ferrari as a chassis tends to be stronger on this type of track.

BMW, Kubica ought to be in the upper end of the points as usual, Heidfeld needs to get his whole weekend together. Toyota are probably the favourite team to other than Ferrari and McLaren to get two cars into the points.

Renault seem to have somewhat of a power disadvantage at the moment, with that being so that's going to hurt from La Source to Les Combs, and from Stavelot to Bus Stop. So both Renault and RBR are going to be up against it meaning that both STR and Williams could again knock them out of the points, unless of course the former two get their cars to react middle sector better.
Date: September 04, 2008 11:31AM
Posted by: gav
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was thinking about this the other day.
>
> They are going to have to really push to get 2
> quali runs done in the quali3 as they only have 10
> mins.
>
> They will have to drive near enough flat out on
> the out and in laps it could get very busy out
> there with 10 drivers on hot laps all at the same
> time.

It's not a problem. Assuming it's dry, allowing for a 2:30 out lap, a 1:50 fast lap, 2:00 in lap and a 15 stop, they'll still still start their 2nd lap with a minute to go.

Should be enough for everyone to get 2 fast laps in, despite the field spread, though I doubt everyone will go for 2 fast laps anyway. If the weather is forecast for rain on the Sunday, they might prefer the fuel.

I doubt we'll get any ending up trying for 2 consecutive laps on the harder tyre (even if they're not losing much to the softs) as they'll encounter cars on in or out laps on one of their laps. It'll either be most doing 2 stints or most doing 2 consecutive laps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2008 11:32AM by gav.
Date: September 04, 2008 11:57AM
Yes stupid me forgot that the in lap after the 2nd run is normally after the flag lol.

I still think kimi is favorite for this race. He would be the one to do 2 quali laps on the same tyres. He also normally goes well at Spa.

Massa I just dont know but if it rains I dont think he will do that well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2008 12:00PM by marcl.
Date: September 04, 2008 12:41PM
Posted by: J i m
In Massa's defense... and not discounting his five + spins at the British Grand Prix, he did actually do quite well (for him) in the wet at Monaco. I think he kept his head quite well in that race, and there was far more to hit if he spun. If I recall correctly he only made one mistake at that race, at Ste Devote and it didn't cause him a puncture...unlike Hamilton's little knock of the barriers.

So basically... just don't discount him because he'll only go and embarrass us again.
Date: September 04, 2008 01:30PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
He had the slight problem that Hamilton completely outclassed him on race-day. ;-)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: September 04, 2008 01:36PM
Massa is not that bad in the ran but to slow in order not to spin thats the thing and thats why people are able to catch him and get passed at pit stops or on the track.

Anyway I hope it does not rain tbh.
Date: September 04, 2008 01:49PM
Posted by: chet
Weather will be interesting to watch here.
Personally hoping for a Kimi win. I hope he can turn things around here :)

The midfield will be as tight as ever, though hope Honda can break through, but I doubt that really.

if its a dry race I cant see it being too exciting tbh. Though with Spa you never know with the weather. Mixed condition session on saturday would work wonders for Sunday :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 04, 2008 01:56PM
Posted by: matt3454
where did my post from yesterday go?

Date: September 04, 2008 02:04PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I hope for dry race and Kimi's win would be great for championship battle :) at spa you can win even from outside the front row and that is advantage for Kimi because he has had problems over one lap...also this track suit his driving style and spa has some fast corners that are good for Kimi...slow corners are the reason why Kimi is having problems, his smooth style doesn't suit with F2008 at the moment, he needs more aggressive car and I believe that this weekend Ferrari will give him just that :)
Date: September 04, 2008 02:06PM
Posted by: red 5
...I am deleting all my posts. This forum does not deserve my presence here. I am disgusted at some members behaviour and all protection they get. just because they came here before me. BS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2008 06:08PM by red 5.
Date: September 04, 2008 02:22PM
The only thing kimi has to hope for is he does start behind BMW and Renault, yes he might be able to pass them but could end up to far back.
Date: September 04, 2008 03:33PM
...I am deleting all my posts. This forum does not deserve my presence here. I am disgusted at some members behaviour and all protection they get. just because they came here before me. BS.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2008 06:08PM by red 5.
Date: September 04, 2008 03:41PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2008 06:09PM by red 5.
Date: September 04, 2008 03:52PM
Posted by: Bruninho
Im laughing out loud - LOOK, MarcLister and BRNCO edited them!

Date: September 04, 2008 03:57PM
Posted by: BAR#10
yeah, who is red5, SaschAOhen and what happened to my account(another username), LOL [www.grandprixgames.org]?

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Date: September 04, 2008 05:13PM
Posted by: gav
They're not edits, they're part of the post.

Go to quote the post... the edit info is part of that, whereas it's normally not.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy