The Testing and How will the cars look in 2009 Thread

Posted by BAR#10 
SAMF1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what the hell is that?...it seem there a wire,
> maybe trying to support the fw
>
> [www.motorsport.com]

Could be an early prototype for the front wing adjustment mechanism.

And speaking of which... if one of those things gets damaged, it's gonna mean a much lengthier pitstop to replace it, surely...

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Re: The Testing and How will the cars look in 2009 Thread
Date: November 20, 2008 05:27PM
Posted by: Nickv
I doubt it. The teams will probably come up with some wireless system. When a nose is changed the driver will only have to press some reset button to make it work, I'd guess.
Date: November 20, 2008 05:44PM
Posted by: J i m
Yeah, I suspect the wire is simply a rudimentary prototype, the final system is bound to far more subtle, also bearing in mind that the ECU will have to control how many times the wing is adjusted per lap etc.
Anybody got any pics of Mr Rossi testing the F2008 at Mugello today?? I believe he was not that far off the pace of Raikkonen & Massa's fastest laps - Be interesting to see how much he improves tomorrow....

With the little mileage that is remaining of the 30,000 km (and the even more restricted 15,000 km next year) Ferrari's absolutely not willing to hit technical problems with KERS and loose time. Therefore the system will probably at the earliest be in use at Portimao (15-17 December).

As for the new car. The latest would be that it's to be presented between the 10th and 20th of January. Considering the fact that from the 12th to 17th of January the annual Philip Morris Wrrrooom event at Madonna di Campiglio will be held, the two Sunday's 11th and 18th are a possibility. It may just as well happen around the 7th though. All a bit speculative now...

Straight after the shake down(s) the team is to go to Bahrain.

Badoer on testing: ''We've tried out various set-ups. Each run we've changed something. And I've tried out the system with which the angle of the front wing can be changed. Everything worked, we take a lot of useful data with us back home.''

On 2009: ''The cars will be very different, nervous and slippery. You have to drive them with a lot of care and subtleness. Certainly, with the (ongoing) development the situation could change. We'll see, instead, what I'm convinced about is that we won't be seeing more overtaking, I think the gap between the big teams and the small ones will increase a lot.''

On KERS: ''It will certainly be useful at the start. It's like having another accelerator and a second engine. The button is on the steering wheel and we could use it at any given moment, first (though) you have to hit the brakes to charge the batteries. It's easy talking now. There's a lot of work to do.''
Date: November 20, 2008 08:01PM
Posted by: danm

all there is at the moment... and apparantly he was quick, and quoted to have said he 'could be a top driver if he joined f1'. lol at his gloves, they look like cartoon skeletons!

Rossi's fastest time was set at 1.23.9 according togpupdate...

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2008 08:02PM by danm.
Date: November 20, 2008 08:58PM
Posted by: IWE
danm Wrote:
> [images.gpupdate.net]
>
lol at his gloves,
> they look like cartoon skeletons!
>

Looks like cheap mountain biking gloves ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 20, 2008 09:41PM
Posted by: danm
remind me of this uk kids cartoon from the 90's haha!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 20, 2008 10:11PM
Posted by: gareth
love the #46 :)
Thanks for the Rossi pics guys - Keep 'em coming!!

As for what he was quoted as saying - Well, modesty is obviously not his best quality!!

Date: November 20, 2008 11:01PM
Posted by: james84
You can't imagine how much I barfed when I saw the BMW...
Date: November 21, 2008 12:14AM
Posted by: Stan
danm Wrote:
> Rossi's fastest time was set at 1.23.9 according
> togpupdate...

that was in the morning, he went down to a 1'22"5 in the afternoon

Date: November 21, 2008 12:24AM
Posted by: LS.
Cant understand the moaning about the asthetics of the cars for next year, if we get close racing like the late 80's early 90's who cares what they look like?

Some of those cars were at the peak of the time of developement and provided some of the best racing and sheer spectacle.

We're never gonna get the cigar tube shaped cars but these are the closest were gonna get given todays rocket surgeon designers, shackeled by regs or not

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
They could have come up with regs that would have had the cars resemble this if they wanted, and still favor close racing with overtaking:

Date: November 21, 2008 01:03AM
Posted by: Sapo
Btw, I think it's amazing Rossi is so fast. Bikeracing seems to me totally different then autosports. At least Loeb has a great experience in carracing, but you could say Rossi is just a hobby-cardriver... How come he is that fast? Normally it requires years and years of training to be as fast as that in an f1-car?

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: November 21, 2008 05:50AM
Posted by: slicer
i must say....

the BMW just looks like a big, fat, giant dick on wheels

its fugly.

i wish we still had 2008 rules.
Date: November 21, 2008 08:04AM
Posted by: Dahie
superchargednut schrieb:
> I agree with Chet, I'd even go as far as saying it
> looks nice in that last photo.

dito, the supports actually balance and counteract the width a little

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 08:05AM by Dahie.
the 97 williams was a sexy car Gui!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: November 21, 2008 02:35PM
Posted by: SAMF1
with the 2009 aero....try to picture the grid in melbourne, it look like a bunch of remote control cars racing each other.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 02:57PM by SAMF1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy