The Testing and How will the cars look in 2009 Thread

Posted by BAR#10 
Massa should take the 3! It was good for Schumi in 2000.... not so good in 99 though

2013 - Nando must come through..
Kimi has the no. 6 and Massa no. 5 en 2007, so kimi can accept 4 without problem...

Re: The Testing and How will the cars look in 2009 Thread
Date: January 08, 2009 11:18PM
Posted by: Nickv
You have to be pretty ridiculous if you're going to bitch about which start number you get...Especially if it isn't number 1 you're bitching about.
Dunno, Kimi might still get the no 3 by virtue of the fact that he has won a World Championship and Massa has not. Damon Hill got the no. 9 car at Jordan in 1998 ahead of Ralf Schumacher who had finished ahead of him the previous year. There are plenty of other examples like this, although the fact that Massa actually challenged for the championship (and had it won for about 20 seconds last year) means he will probably be no.3.
Date: January 09, 2009 12:22PM
Posted by: Nickv
Well yeah, but Hill was in an Arrows at 1997, remember? ;)
lmao.

whatever number he gets, im pretty sure that he will never drive a car with a number 1 ;)

Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well yeah, but Hill was in an Arrows at 1997,
> remember? ;)

You know, I wondering what happened to Damon in 1997, and there you've gone and hit it right off! ;)

Yeah, ok maybe a bad example, but like, you know, whatever! :)
not a good start for the new renault

[www.autosport.com]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 09, 2009 07:04PM
Posted by: Stan
did you read the whole articile or just first line?

yes, i did read the whole article but clearly hadn't finished it before i posted it ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 09, 2009 08:47PM
Posted by: Dahie
Does anybody known how the tests are actually done? I've never seen any video material or articles about the procedure.

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: January 10, 2009 10:29AM
Posted by: J i m
They basically bolt the chassis and/or appendages to a crash test rig, and slam it into a solid surface or slam the solid surface onto various sides of the chassis :P

The force of the crash test tends to be increased each year by the FIA, in the never ending drive to improve the crash safety of the cars.
They do others aswell, where they put a mass on a certain part of the car for a set amount of time, and if it bends or crumples too much, then it's failed. I think they check it for any hairline cracks, too, which also mean it fails.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 01:20PM by flat tyre.
Does anyone know what happened to de la Rosa's test of the new McLaren at Algarve today? I can't find any news or photos.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: January 18, 2009 12:42AM
Posted by: Marko
He did 18 laps and best time was 1:28.719 :)

So the Macca has gained 0.2s since their last test , or the circuit's gotten a tiny bit faster since last time because its brand new.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy