Posted by: J i m
Fincent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anybody know what the date would be for the
> Silverstone winter testing? I'll be able to drive
> by then and I'm thinking of taking a few friends
> and enlightening them lol :)

If there is any winter testing at Silverstone at all, it will very likely be "behind closed doors" i.e private shakedowns that will not be open to the public.

Getting access to these are unlikely unless you know someone.

There is only one group test at Silverstone now and this is usually in June.
"Toyota says in spirit of F1 cost-cutting it will not hold a launch event for January 15 unveiling."

Translation: their car is ugly and they don't want to be laughed at.
Re: The Testing and How will the cars look in 2009 Thread
Date: November 26, 2008 02:18PM
Posted by: kaid
Can we expect some drastic livery changes for 2009?
Are there any big sponsor changes?

Date: November 26, 2008 02:56PM
Posted by: zulu_85
@elemental - lol, that's the first thought that popped into my head too...

@Kaid - Santander's confirmed its going to Ferrari but in 2010, and not that that would really change the livery :\. Nothing springs to mind though about sponsorship changes or resultant livery changes. I do hope BWM paint their front wing blue like danm suggested though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2008 02:57PM by zulu_85.
Date: November 26, 2008 03:18PM
Posted by: Ali
The BMW is particularly ugly, the Honda and (specially) the Willaims are OK. We will get used quickly.
Date: November 26, 2008 04:51PM
Posted by: IWE
kaid Wrote:
> Are there any big sponsor changes?

Propably no changes, but I would be supriced if companies would prefer to have their logos on something what can be taken seriously so after next season there might be.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 26, 2008 05:46PM
Posted by: chet
kaid Wrote:
> Can we expect some drastic livery changes for
> 2009?
> Are there any big sponsor changes?

We have yet to hear about whether Honda will once again use their earthdreams livery or not.
IF they get the petrobras deal and it's as big as being one of the reasons Senna will be a driver, then I expect Honda to go for a normal liveral as per 2006.

edit - then again petrobras could just be wanting to be a part of earthdreams and wanting to help with the global awareness that earthdreams is all about.

Personally another variant on this years livery would be cool but I suppose i was one of few here that liked it.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2008 05:47PM by chet.
Date: November 26, 2008 06:50PM
Posted by: SAMF1
i hope honda dosen't use that earthdreams livery anymore

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2008 06:51PM by SAMF1.
I hope they that they will still be using it ;)

That livery has grown on me recently :P lol

Date: November 26, 2008 06:59PM
Posted by: Nickv
I bet that when they switch back to a normal livery, it will be even more hideous than the Earthdreams ones ;)
I hope Honda switches back to something and stop their bullsh*t
i really didn't like the ra107 livery but the '08 one i grew to really rather like!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: November 26, 2008 08:58PM
Posted by: Frantic
Lets go back to lucky strike scheme!! or at least with the 555 sponsorship, like the half of the 99 bar ;)

Agreed on the Honda issue, really need to go back to their 2006 livery (one of the best liverys for a while). I do like this years Williams livery on the new regs car they had, looked good.

Ferrari and McLaren though, not sure that they will look amaing with the new liveries, and BMW have already prooved that theirs looks disgusting on the new car

Date: November 26, 2008 10:40PM
Posted by: EC83
Honda's worst livery was easily their 2007 one, the concept behind it was not too bad but the livery was horrendous. The car actually looked more like a radioactive seagull poop than a globe. Its looks were reflected by its performances.

I thought the 2007 was superior to the 2008. They updated the 2007 midway through the season which improved it a bit. They were both pretty bad but 2008 takes the crown for me as worst Honda livery (and car) ever.
Date: November 26, 2008 11:45PM
Posted by: Nickv
Yeah, the 2007 was much better than the 2008 Honda. Comparing the two, the 07 car looks actually quite good!
Date: November 27, 2008 10:52AM
Posted by: Stan
From Gazetta dello sport

Mirko Bortolotti (18-years old winner of the Italian Formula 3 did 40 laps in an F2008 today, setting a best time of 0:59.111 setting the new track record at fiorano.

''It's been a unique experience. This morning it was very hard having to test a Formula 1 car on a humid track. For me a dream came true. I immediately felt comfortable in the car because it gives you confidence straight away. It's not comparable with any other car and the most difficult thing I encountered was when trying to fully exploit the brakes.

In the end I also broke the lap record and it couldn't have gone any better than that, but I have to say that also without that I would have been very happy.''

Date: November 27, 2008 11:36AM
Posted by: LS.
Pedro de la Rosa has warned fans not expect too much from the 2009 regulation changes aimed at improving racing.

The 2009 cars will run with less downforce, slick tyres and Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems (KERS), all of which are aimed at allowing the cars to run closer behind each other and improving the chances of overtaking.

Yet McLaren test driver de la Rosa is sceptical that it will result in a drastic increase in wheel-to-wheel action due to the innate properties that have prevented Formula 1 cars from overtaking in the past.

“Considering this is Formula 1 – if people think the introduction of KERS and the reduction in downforce and slicks is going to transform Formula 1, then forget it,” de la Rosa told McLaren’s official website.

“It will still be a wide car, there will still be aerodynamic effect and offline will stay dirty.

“It will be easier, but it won’t be MotoGP. And people need to understand that.”

However, de la Rosa does believe that the new regulations are along the right lines and hinted that the lack of time to test all the new changes may lead to some unpredictable outcomes from race-to-race.

“The changes are headed in the right direction,” he said.

“The difficulty comes from having so many changes and a massive reduction in testing for next year.

“It will make fine-tuning your car between the races very difficult.

“It’s going to be very interesting – and there won’t be enough time to test everything.”

De la Rosa cited KERS as an example of a new development that teams will have to fine-tune and develop in order to get the maximum from.

KERS works by recovering otherwise wasted kinetic energy as a car decelerates and then converting it into an on-demand power boost to be used by the driver over the course of a lap.

However, having tested McLaren’s developmental unit, de la Rosa revealed that he had to adapt his driving style under braking to accommodate for the effect the system had on the car.

“We are still learning about it [KERS],” he said.

“It requires a lot of fine-tuning to the car – especially in the braking.

“KERS has to recharge itself – so when you press the brakes, it generates an extra resistance that you have to somehow compensate for to balance it out.

“That means interacting with the engine braking and the brake balance.

“You just have to find the best compromise; it’s not just fitting KERS and going quicker, you have to balance it into the whole system.

“If you don’t have it properly tuned, it will be very sudden. The difficulty will be to smoothen all the transitions.”

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Stan Wrote:
> From Gazetta dello sport
>
> Mirko Bortolotti (18-years old winner of the
> Italian Formula 3 did 40 laps in an F2008 today,
> setting a best time of 0:59.111 setting the new
> track record at fiorano.
>
> ''It's been a unique experience. This morning it
> was very hard having to test a Formula 1 car on a
> humid track. For me a dream came true. I
> immediately felt comfortable in the car because it
> gives you confidence straight away. It's not
> comparable with any other car and the most
> difficult thing I encountered was when trying to
> fully exploit the brakes.
>
> In the end I also broke the lap record and it
> couldn't have gone any better than that, but I
> have to say that also without that I would have
> been very happy.''

I think the Gazetta are doing their usual tabloid thing. Autosport sez:

autosport.com Wrote:
> Eighteen-year-old Bortolotti was the quickest of the
> three, posting a fastest time of 59.111 after 40 laps.
> The laptime was the fastest at Fiorano this year.

The lap record at Fiorano is 56.338, set in 2003:

[atlasf1.autosport.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2008 12:44PM by senninho.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy