F1 European Grand Prix: Valencia 2008

Posted by mcdo 
Re: F1 European Grand Prix: Valencia 2008
Date: August 24, 2008 03:45PM
Posted by: raikkonensdabest
Raikkonen=Shite

End Of Story.

Season 1 Team Orange: 4 Wins (Monaco, Germany, Interlagos, Malaysia)

Season 2 Senninha/Team Shadow: 2 Wins (Bahrain, Monaco) Both With Team Shadow.

Season 3 Team Shadow: 1 Pole (Nurburgring)

Season 4 Team Shadow: Hasn't Started Yet!
Date: August 24, 2008 03:49PM
Posted by: Sapo
Ferrari_Fuhrer schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good win for Massa. He's looking hot! How
> different it would be if only he hadn't binned it
> in the gravel in Malaysia, or the engine hadn't
> expired in Hungary!

Indeed. And all those people shouting he could and should be fired. ;) Now hope they won't punish him for that minor incident with Sutil, IMO there wasn't anything really Massa could do about it, the lollypop/light made the mistake, and then again, it ended without any accidents.

Extremely boring though, this race.

/edit: Sad btw, those people whistling at Hamilton.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2008 03:51PM by Sapo.
Date: August 24, 2008 03:52PM
Posted by: marcl
Probably the most boring race I have ever seen.

Will be interesting to see what penalty Massa gets. Not his fault though but F1 its all about team work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2008 03:54PM by marcl.
Date: August 24, 2008 03:53PM
Posted by: BAR#10
I hope the mechanic guy is OK.

Overtaking maneuver of the race won't be hard to pick, huh?
Nakajima over Barrichello. The only one!

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
BAR#10 schreef:
> I hope the mechanic guy is OK.
>
> Overtaking maneuver of the race won't be hard to
> pick, huh?
> Nakajima over Barrichello. The only one!

no ;) coulthard on piquet.

Posted by: y2cwr2005
Very true, if Massa could of had this form all season he'd be flying off into the championship lead.
Good performance from Massa, don't know if he's won yet though...
Hamilton, Mclaren claim hes defending his lead which is only 6 points?
Kubica, BMW seem to have stopped developing but this man keeps performing well.

Race was nice to look at.. for about 5 laps. Boring!

Raikonnen... Why are Ferrari paying this man so much again??? Even without engine problems, a pathetic performance, a full pit stop behind Massa in just the 1st stint of the race. Bugger off to rallying and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Date: August 24, 2008 03:54PM
Posted by: Covfan
Ferrari_Fuhrer Wrote:
> Good win for Massa. He's looking hot! How
> different it would be if only he hadn't binned it
> in the gravel in Malaysia, or the engine hadn't
> expired in Hungary!

or if he was released safely in this race?
Date: August 24, 2008 03:55PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Cant believe it! Kimi..OMG... Hope ferrari back massa for WDC now, i think he fully deserves it this year.

Great drives by toyota drivers and vettel was great! Kubica did well to hold on to 3rd, back on the podium again is good for his confidence imo.

Date: August 24, 2008 03:56PM
Posted by: msater
good Race! i cant believe ferrari, wit their stupid automated pit system. wouldn't be suprised if it got banned next season.

vettel had a good race, though. he's definitely one for the future.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: August 24, 2008 03:57PM
Posted by: IWE
@Sapo: Massa was embarassing in few races and some people were ready to kick him out, but I dont understand why these people should want to give punishment for him specially because it wasnt his mistake and he did awoid crash pretty well with beeing awake unlike his team.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 24, 2008 03:57PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
marcl Wrote:
> Probably the most boring race I have ever seen.

You seem to say a similar thing each time a race isn't epic. If this was the "most boring race you've ever seen" then you haven't watched F1 as long as I assumed.

Anyway, this must be one of the least deserving title battles of all time.

Lewis has been "ok", nothing great.
Massa has been impressive, and on other days, so awful that he shouldn't be in F1.
Kubica has been pretty good, but not good enough.
Kimi has been off the ball and no where near good enough.

Ferrari have had too many off days.
BMW have not been good enough.
McLaren have not been good enough.

Right now, it seems whoever wins the title will be the one who makes the least mistakes, not the person who is the best.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 24, 2008 03:58PM
Posted by: Sapo
And after one or two performances it now seems time to start the Raikkonen bash, (HE SHOULD BE FIRED). Damn, every driver has his good and lesser performances, don't forget Raikkonen won the CS last year after a worse series of races than now, and with a bigger gap to the leader.

And ofcourse he didn't do well this race, but it's just pathetic imo to start saying he needs to retire, and when he wins the next 2 races in a row, the same people calling him THE CHAMPION. Even fanboys are more objective, at least they support their driver ALWAYS, and not only when he wins.

/edit: IWE: I was only pointing at the "Incident involving Car 2 will be investigated after the race" thing, I hope he won't be punished for that pitstop incident only, that comment was not connected to the rest of my comments about bashing Massa/KR etc.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2008 04:01PM by Sapo.
Date: August 24, 2008 04:01PM
How can Massa say that was the fault of Sutil in the pits?

Dave thats my view on it for me it was the most boring GP I have seen even more so than some of the old Hungry races, i nearly feel asleep just nothing much happened. Been watching F1 since 1988.
Date: August 24, 2008 04:08PM
Posted by: IWE
marcl Wrote:
> How can Massa say that was the fault of Sutil in
> the pits?

I guess he was just wondering why Sutil had to push so close to race leader, even Sutil was gonna get blue flagged just seconds after it.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 24, 2008 04:19PM
Posted by: Bruninho
I agree with marcl, It was a boring and dull race, it was expected in a crap, boring, awful and terrible track. Valencia sucks. Thanks for another bore-fest, Tilke! The TV cameras even tried to make it look great like Monaco by showing aerial views and girls around the track. It isnt even a track close to Monaco standards neither a street track!

I hope that the Ferrari #2 gets a penalty for the incident with Sutil - he should be checking his mirrors when rejoining!

Crap race from Kubica and Heidfeld, the BMW F1.08 has potential to be a race winner and Robert drives for 3rd... oh $#*$#&@! ALONSO AND BUTTON FOR BMW 2009 PLEASE! Damn, BMW did a big mistake when they left Vettel go for STR... that guy is fast.

It is looking like Hamilton is gonna win the champ this year. Go, Lewis!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2008 04:20PM by Bruninho.
Date: August 24, 2008 04:19PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
he wasnt pushing, he was at the speed limit of the pit lane. massa would not have been able to see sutil in his mirrors. he relies on the team to do that for him, hence the lights or lollypop system.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2008 04:21PM by rapid_f1.
Date: August 24, 2008 04:21PM
Posted by: chet
LOL @ DC :p

You could see a mile off ( thats probably about how far he was away anyway !!!! ) that his move was never going to work lol! DC you certainly have done some laughable things this season, not how you'd like yourself to be remembered!

Fantastic drive from Massa, fautless.
I cant think whats wrong with Kimi, is he getting bored? Does he not ahve the same commitment? He clearly is lacking something because he has made so many mistakes and been so slow. I hope Spa will be a turn around, its a track he likes and performs well at so I hope he can sort things out and at least challenge for the win!

Kubica was steady but not too sure how quick that BMW is atm really. Glock was impressive, Trulli was even more impressive, after losing so much time with car problems throughout practice he had an awesome qualifying and race.

Rosberg :D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!!

Silly Nakajima doing a Sato, though not sure how much that is to do with Alonso maybe slowing down??? But that was annoying. Piquet, amazingly finished ahead of where he started. Button was steady, Rubens was hopeless. I think Martin summed him up nicely when he said when Ruben's nose drops it drops right to the ground! I hope he can turn it around though, these last two races with hte new rear suspension Jenson really has been alot quicker than him.

Vettel did a decent job, but I kinda expected a bit more for some reason.

Not a bad race, abit boring I suppose but wasnt too bad. Its what we've come to expect now I guess.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 24, 2008 04:24PM
So what is Sutil meant to back off in the pits and let Massa out 1st? no way it does not matter if its a back marker or not. Anyway will see what happens I dont see anything happening now, but RS once got a 60 sec penalty at Imola.

Good drives by Trulli, Vettel and Glock.

The thing with Massa is if Ferrari put all their weight behind him and he has one of his weekends like Silverstone their in a worse problem. Kimi I just do not know whats going on there, he done this at mclaren in his last year just does not seem bothered.

Also the engine failure its the same engine batch that went bang in Hungry, this was the 2nd race on the engine. Also Massa had a new engine for this race not sure if lewis had to watch his or not just to get the points.
Date: August 24, 2008 04:30PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I think that Raikonnen's very low on confidence at the minute, which is causing his poor performances. The same could be said for Massa for the earlier races and also last year. Either that or Raikonnen really is losing interest in Formula 1, like was speculated at times.

About the race, it was very disappointing. It's fun to drive by the looks of it, but appalling for exciting races, like Silverstone. Maybe once 2009 takes place drivers will be much more confident to overtake on what would currently be a very difficult place to do so.

Well done to Massa, I could see this side of him all throughout of his career, yet nobody else seemed to. I'm so glad that he's showing what he's got now, he's quietly been one of my favourite drivers for a long time :) I like drivers with passion and he has plenty of it!

And the fireworks at the end were incredibly cheesy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: August 24, 2008 04:32PM
Posted by: chet
btw - highlight of the race -Martins interview with MS, something along the lines of MS saying, "well me and you arnt in the race, it should be clean" :p

And ofc Sutils team radio lol.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy