Accomodation Help - 2009 Australian GP

Posted by casabonka 
Accomodation Help - 2009 Australian GP
Date: August 30, 2008 08:04AM
Posted by: casabonka
Hi guys,

I've started looking early for hotels for next years race, but half of melbourne is booked out, or is 500 a night.

Any ideas of any good hotels, around 150-200 per night?
Anything but the Formule 1 hotels.

2013 - Nando must come through..
Re: Accomodation Help - 2009 Australian GP
Date: August 30, 2008 10:18AM
Posted by: mortal
Check this out mate.
[hotels.lastminute.com.au]

That's a 1 adult, 26/3 - 29/3 search ok.
I've also got a relly in Prahran East, not far from the track by tram, he has a flat with a guest room. I've emailed him. I'm not going next year so he may let you have it at B&B rate.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2008 10:54AM by mortal.
Date: August 30, 2008 02:02PM
Posted by: gareth
We stayed at the Hotel Ibis near Queen Vic markets this year - it was apartment accom and worked out to be about that price range. Good breakfast buffet from memory too :)
Date: August 30, 2008 02:09PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
yes, i was in another hotel ibis this year, on one of the lanes. it wasn't a great quality hotel, but it gave a good breakfast, and was centrally located, so an easy to walk for dinner and to the tram for the track.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 30, 2008 04:19PM
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Check this out mate.
> [hotels.lastminute.com.au]
> ch?id=51&levelid=4&noadults=1&countryid=1&checkout
> =30%2F3%2F2009&starrating=0&budget=&nochilds=0&nor
> ooms=1&checkin=26%2F3%2F2009
>
> That's a 1 adult, 26/3 - 29/3 search ok.
> I've also got a relly in Prahran East, not far
> from the track by tram, he has a flat with a guest
> room. I've emailed him. I'm not going next year so
> he may let you have it at B&B rate.

You're a legend, found a nice hotel in Mitcham for 200 bux a night and its 4.5 stars, and close enough to a train line which takes us straight into flinders st!

Thanks again.. now just need to wait for tix to go on sale for the race.. and hope they dont change the calendar!

Date: August 31, 2008 08:12AM
Mitcham! That's a fair train trip, maybe 40 minutes or so. Wouldn't have thought Mitcham would be so pricey either. Oh well, seems like the prices get jacked up eh.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 31, 2008 11:11AM
yeah, i know its not right in the city, but last year we were about 40 mins outta the city anyway!

Yeah everything has gone up for the weekend.

Anyone know when tix will be on sale? so far only the gp advantage granstand tix r for sale!

EDIT - nevermind - tix are already on sale!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2008 11:20AM by casabonka.
Date: September 01, 2008 03:22PM
Posted by: mcdo
$200 a night in Mitcham, even on a GP weekend. Fark! Remember to add 20-30 mins for the tram ride down St. Kilda Rd. I'd look again.

Reducing the budget max to $140, this came up. It's not all sold out in town.

[hotels.lastminute.com.au]
Date: September 02, 2008 02:28AM
I'd be getting one of those in town. Much better, you would be out at the track a lot earlier, and if you want to have a drink or two after a big day out, there's a lot of good bars in town. Then you don't have too far to roll home. ;-)

Date: September 02, 2008 08:07AM
I've already booked it... It didnt look that far on the map, but 30 mins isnt too bad I spose.

We stayed about 40 mins outta town this year (at Fawkner), so its not that much of an issue being the same distance away!

I actually booked already as I was excited I found something nice and cheap! haha!

But thanks again for your help... Im still tossing up wether to go Grand Stand or GA.

I've done GA (at turn 10) the 3 times I have been, and I dont think I can justify a minimum of $350 each for a G/S.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy