Magny Cours Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by mcdo 
Re: Magny Cours Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 22, 2008 05:13PM
Posted by: Nickv
Hamilton was on soft tyres and had a lighter car, whereas Kovalainen had hard tyres and a heavier car. You can do the maths.
Date: June 22, 2008 05:13PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
well it didnt happen and wasnt never going to

Date: June 22, 2008 05:16PM
Posted by: Bruninho
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He's still had the worst debut season of
> any F1 drivers in my memory. 1 result doesn't
> change that.

What, worst debut? oh come on thats subjective, down to teams, rules, competition, there are drivers with debuts worse than that, the renault isnt a points scoring car, Alonso is doing miracles after miracles with his experience. Nelsons dad had pretty much the same debut (7 races, 5 DNFs, 0 points for both before France) and a few years later he became world champion. Only time will tell if his son can do the same but for me HE HAS THE POTENTIAL and HE IS BETTER THAN some %$*%$()*#!! that are still in F1 for more than +10 years.

You guys keep forgetting that he had three gearbox failures when he was in a good strategy to score points and it seemed that he was going to have other after leaving the pits for his 2nd pit stop today. Its not Nelsinho doing bad, its the bloody ING white shitebox with a bloody weak gearbox letting him down. You could ask why Alonso didnt had this before - but he had a blown engine at Barcelona... When the bloody car goes well they go well.

GO NELSINHO!

Date: June 22, 2008 05:18PM
Raikkonen has now become joint 3rd in all time f1 with number of fastests laps

Schumacher - 76
Prost - 41
Raikkonen - 30
Mansell - 30

Date: June 22, 2008 05:19PM
DJSKYLINE schreef:
> well it didnt happen and wasnt never going to

As if McLaren could've known that...

But apparently you do (judging by the tone of your post), so maybe you should apply for a job at a F1-team.
Date: June 22, 2008 05:21PM
well heikki made the decision at the end of the day to let him past, mclaren just advised (as apparentenly team orders are banned)

tone of post? its text...no tone... na dont want f1 job, rather just watch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2008 05:21PM by DJSKYLINE.
Date: June 22, 2008 05:21PM
Bruninho schreef:
> the renault isnt a points scoring car,

Sorry, but it is. Maybe Piquet just isn't a points scoring driver. (Until today that is)
Date: June 22, 2008 05:24PM
Posted by: gav
Bruninho Wrote:
> gav Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He's still had the worst debut season of
> > any F1 drivers in my memory. 1 result doesn't
> > change that.
>
> What, worst debut? oh come on thats subjective

It is subjective, and that's why it's my opinion and not a hard fact written in history. He's got a much stronger car than most people have had for their debuts... he's certainly the least impressive rookie so far.

Still, it's a good day for him, so I'm not going to belittle it with more negativity - he's done good, and I said when he warranted praise, he'd get it. He has and I'll leave it at that. :)

Marc: Lewis and Alonso didn't touch at all. After Mike's post about the ITV coverage I was going to pan it and Brundle (who was awful today) but I couldn't remember the other thing that he glaringly called wrongly. Allen wasn't much better. They never touched - Alonso simply had to stop turning as Hamilton was there. There was a good yard between them.

DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> tone of post? its text...no tone...

"Tone of post" is (almost) perfectly good English. Could be improved with "tone of your post" or "tone of the post", but it's fine as it is as far as I'm aware. :S

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2008 05:26PM by gav.
Date: June 22, 2008 05:28PM
Posted by: n00binio
piquet also for sure had no gearbox problem after his 2nd stop. i suppose he forgot to turn of the pit limiter or he did it too late. you could see his rear light was still on.
Date: June 22, 2008 05:28PM
Posted by: vesuvius
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> Raikkonen has now become joint 3rd in all time f1
> with number of fastests laps
>
> Schumacher - 76
> Prost - 41
> Raikkonen - 30
> Mansell - 30

yes and Kimi has made 5 fastest lap in a row , record is a seven made by Ascari. record in 1 season is 10 made by Michael and Kimi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2008 05:30PM by vesuvius.
Date: June 22, 2008 05:48PM
Posted by: marcl
I did not hear 1 of you say this about Nick letting Kubica passed him with no fight in Canada.

Both drivers race in a team and they were not in a race with each other they were on totally different fuel stops, there is a difference when a team affect the out come of a GP and that was not going to happen today Lewis was never going to finish ahead of Kovy.

And where have u even read that Mclaren advised him to move over?

Anyway apparently there is out side footage of lewis going off track my mate just saw it so I am trying to find it, and it does turn out lewis was passed before the braking point and just lost the back under breaking so that should not have been a penalty. Remember mistakes at speed are different to ones in the pit lane :) maybe he should have hit another car to avoid a penalty :). Tbh until I see the footage I reserve judgement.
Date: June 22, 2008 05:55PM
marcl Wrote:
> Anyway apparently there is out side footage of
> lewis going off track my mate just saw it so I am
> trying to find it, and it does turn out lewis was
> passed before the braking point and just lost the
> back under breaking so that should not have been a
> penalty. Remember mistakes at speed are different
> to ones in the pit lane :) maybe he should have
> hit another car to avoid a penalty :). Tbh until
> I see the footage I reserve judgement.

Doesn't matter. Drivers have been punished for saving positions in the past, and he certainly did that.

IMO, he hadn't made the move by the time they started braking. Had he not gone over the astroturf he might have still made the move stick (I really don't think he will have done, as up until he slid, they were all-but level), but that's not the point.

Regardless, he was penalised for gaining an advantage by making a position, and if he hadn't have been, he ought to have been penalised for saving a position through going off track.
Date: June 22, 2008 06:00PM
Yes and thats probably why he got the penalty not for the pass but by saving the place. They should just go back to putting gravel in it would sort all this out and make drivers do cleaner passes. But I dont think they were level as Lewis did turn in on a normal line to the corner, we really need to see it from outside the car, he probably just broke to late.

As I said before mclaren should have told him to give back the place but they probably also looked at it that the pass was done and that he just lost the back of the car and went off. He would have probably passed Vettel anyway so it was a bit silly not to just give the place back and play it safe which I was waiting for.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2008 06:03PM by marcl.
Date: June 22, 2008 06:44PM
Posted by: welshjim22
Wasn't it Vettel who kept cutting the final chicane in Canada. Maybe got the details wrong but something like that happended in the last two races and was igonred by the stewards. Ferrari's International Assistance can't stay neutral. Although i am starting to wonder if this is favouring Ferrari or simply not liking Mclaren. What was the Heiki penalty about, fools.

Helmet Courtesy of Dangerous.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0, ASUS P5N32-SLI E
896MB nVIDIA GeForce BFG 260GTX OC, 19"SONY SDM-HS95PR
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Date: June 22, 2008 07:04PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
Lewis is really beginning to annoy now. why does he think the whole world is against him?

"I feel cool. It's all good. Racing is racing. I'm still here, there's nothing you can do to get me out of it," Hamilton told reporters after the race.

He added: "I kept pushing. There's nothing you can do that can distract me. You can keep on giving me penalties and whatever you want to do and I'll keep battling and try and come back with a result."

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 22, 2008 07:15PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Have you not been watching F1?

Frankly, it's little wonder that Ron is speechless, the Ferrari Infatuation Assocation has been Mclaren-bashing so much.

Date: June 22, 2008 07:22PM
I know what happened today with lewis could be called a fair penalty ok but how can you give a drive through to lewis and kimi nothing for monaco at all. Both were driving errors Lewis took no one out the race kimi did so he should have got a drive through in monaco. I know I keep saying this but come on it is getting a bit silly now.

And not pulling kimi into the pits today was wrong, you can bet had that been a mclaren they would have been pulled in.

Anyway I am not going on about it anymore, I do want to see the replay from outside the car though. Lewis has said he made the pass then went for the outside line and slipped on marbles so thats why he went across the corner and he did not to make the pass. Kimi also lost control of the car in monaco and as I said no penalty nothing so how is this correct? He said he would have hit vettel had he not stuck to the outside line, maybe he should have done then he would not have got a penalty his car probably would have been ok.

Some drivers in canada cut the final corner and kept position and not over taken by the car trying to make the pass and again no penalty was given.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2008 07:33PM by marcl.
Date: June 22, 2008 07:41PM
Posted by: matt3454
I saw the start of this at work but somehow missed why Hamilton got the penalty. I understand it was for cutting the chicane.

These penalties are getting silly now.

I agree with the others about how when Lewis loses control he gets a penalty but when its kimi? Nothing.

These penalties need to be equal.

Accidents are accidents.

Sad sight to see Massa as P1 in the standings though.

Date: June 22, 2008 08:00PM
Posted by: villej
Pleasy tell me when Kimi has overtook someone by cutting the track and not gotten a penalty from it?

You can't compare what Hamilton did to day to what Kimi did in Monaco, should he have gotten a penalty from it or not. Those are two totally different incidents.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: June 22, 2008 08:03PM
marcl Wrote:
> I know what happened today with lewis could be
> called a fair penalty ok but how can you give a
> drive through to lewis and kimi nothing for
> monaco at all.

Marc. STFU. I agree with the Kimi thing, and I thought I went on about it too much at the time, but it was a month ago. It seems every other post you write has a reference to it.

Every penalty McLaren have had this season has been justified. That Kimi didn't get one for Monaco doesn't automatically mean the FIA are biased against McLaren. Did anyone see enough of Vettel going off in Montreal? I brought it up in the race thread, but there weren't any replays and it was only shown in the background live. We do need much more consistency, but crying foul every time McLaren get penalised isn't the way to call for it.

They broke the rules. They got punished. Good.

I think more are starting to see the Lewis Hamilton I saw last year now. I said from mid-season or so that I thought he was a manipulative, moaning, arrogant sod with the team and press wrapped around his extended middle finger. He's let his success and talent get to his head this year, and in every race this season it's coming out more and more. In truth he's just not dealing with the pressure. I said that in the last 3 races he's made 3 potentially race ruining mistakes, but it's 4 if you include him running into Heikki today. Last year he let his driving do the talking. This year he doesn't have that to fall back on, and his mouth is doing it all. It's just making him look more of a prick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2008 08:05PM by gav.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy