Magny Cours Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by mcdo 
Re: Magny Cours Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 21, 2008 09:12PM
Posted by: marcl
Nakajima was also on an out lap according to what mclaren have said they were both on out laps and nakajima passed kovy as he slowed down to let webber passed.

Makes no difference what car you hit kimi did not get a penalty for that and others get them for less, does not matter if sutil should have been there or not he was and kimi hit him and naka did the same to kubica in Australia and got a penalty. The only reason why I bought it up again is due to what happened today and it shows they are not consiistant yet again. And by the way lewis hit a car that should not have been there in the last race :).

Why was the ferrari that was on the racing line today and not going at speed not given a penalty? he caused a car that was on a hot lap to move off line? If I remember back to Turkey ferrari complained about Lewis doing that, kimi said he lost time due to getting his tyres dirty.

Anyway enough of that now, kovy has got a penalty and Nakajima nothing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2008 09:13PM by marcl.
Date: June 21, 2008 09:19PM
Posted by: vesuvius
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nakajima was also on an out lap according to what
> mclaren have said they were both on out laps and
> nakajima passed kovy as he slowed down to let
> webber passed.
>
> Makes no difference what car you hit kimi did not
> get a penalty for that and others get them for
> less, does not matter if sutil should have been
> there or not he was and kimi hit him and naka did
> the same to kubica in Australia and got a penalty.
> The only reason why I bought it up again is due
> to what happened today and it shows they are not
> consiistant yet again. And by the way lewis hit a
> car that should not have been there in the last
> race :).

well Hamilton hit behind Alonso at Bahrain at got now penalty for that :) and Kovalainen hit behind Button's car at monaco, no penalty...these things just happends and sometimes you get a penalty.

about Kovalainen slowin Webber ..stupid penalty, even Webber said that Heikki didn't have any affect to his quali at all.Heikki has very heavy car and his quali time was very good with that kind of fuel load. Hamilton is most likely with 3 stops and Ferraris are with 2 stops.
Date: June 21, 2008 09:45PM
Posted by: gav
marcl Wrote:
> Why was the ferrari that was on the racing line
> today and not going at speed not given a penalty?
> he caused a car that was on a hot lap to move off
> line? If I remember back to Turkey ferrari
> complained about Lewis doing that, kimi said he
> lost time due to getting his tyres dirty.

And did Hamilton get a penalty? No. Judging by the way the other driver reacted (I can't even remember who it was now) they even tried to get an advantage out of the situation.

Heikki deserved his penalty. Whether he knew about Webber is irrelevant - his team supposedly have the most sophisticated tracking system of all, yet they never told him to pull over on the previous straight to let the following cars pass? It's either his own fault for not wanting to dirty his tyres, his team's for not warning him, or warning him sufficiently.

To suggest he didn't hold up Webber is plain idiocy frankly. Go and have another look. Nakajima didn't hold up Webber at all. Heikki was just dawdling around paying no attention to anyone else.

In a cruel irony, he also forced Massa to overtake off the racing line in the same incident, making your other argument weaker still.
Date: June 21, 2008 10:01PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Fincent Wrote:
> Heikki penalty? Seriously? That's a joke! Nakajima
> was unimpeded and Webber chose to slow down
> himself so he could start a fresh lap!

i agree that kazuki should have been penalised as well as or instead of heikki, but i dont think webber was slowing down to start a new lap, that wouldn't help at all, and he had already got his best sector times on that lap, so he wouldn't abort the lap.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 22, 2008 01:27AM
Posted by: Slash
I smell a Massa vengeance for last year on Kimi :-p
Date: June 22, 2008 01:44AM
Mclaren did tell kovy about webber, naka was behind behind him and kovy slowed down to let webber pass but when he did naka passed him. If they were going to give a penalty it should have been both of them as neither were on a quali lap. I have not said webber was not held up anyone could see he was. Mclaren did say though maybe kovy was going to slow. Anyway its done now.

Kovy from what I saw did his best to get out the way maybe he should have driven off the track that was the only place to go. I did not see when massa passed him tbh but it will be replayed tomorrow so will see it then.

vesuvius thats what I mean the penalties this year are being given out in 1 race but not another there is no consistancy at all at the moment. But in the past penalties are only given out if you take someone out the race hence why lewis, button, kovy and alonso did not get a penalty.
Date: June 22, 2008 02:14AM
Posted by: Monza972
Slash Wrote:
> I smell a Massa vengeance for last year on Kimi
> :-p

indeed felipe was looking with a glint of revenge in his eyes at the press conference hehe
Date: June 22, 2008 02:37AM
I think kimi has more fuel tbh he even saved a lap, massa said he messed up his lap by over driving.
Date: June 22, 2008 02:56AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
by autosport reports kimi is 2 laps slighter than Massa atm but we never know how accurate is this
Date: June 22, 2008 11:29AM
Posted by: gav
marcl Wrote:
> Mclaren did tell kovy about webber, naka was
> behind behind him and kovy slowed down to let
> webber pass but when he did naka passed him. If
> they were going to give a penalty it should have
> been both of them as neither were on a quali lap.
> I have not said webber was not held up anyone
> could see he was. Mclaren did say though maybe
> kovy was going to slow. Anyway its done now.
>
> Kovy from what I saw did his best to get out the
> way maybe he should have driven off the track that
> was the only place to go. I did not see when
> massa passed him tbh but it will be replayed
> tomorrow so will see it then.

Massa was behind Kovalainen as Webber was exiting Chateau d'Eau, Nakajima was behind Kovalainen and Webber behind both. Why he didn't just put his foot down I'll never know. It was awful driving/team work and he and his team got what they deserved.

I still can't see why Nakajima should have a penalty. He did nothing wrong? Kovalainen is fannying about going at about 40mph through the braking zone - Nakajima was miles behind him coming out of Chateau d'Eau. Webber never got closer than about 10m from him, whereas he had to go off-line to pass Heikki. Had Heikki just parked it on the outside, then fair enough, but he just drove around the outside of the corner, ending up right back on the racing line where Webber wanted to be, Webber having to brake, kicking the arse-end out to avoid a crash.
Date: June 22, 2008 11:41AM
Posted by: Mitsuro Sano
it's raining... Maybe a non boring Magny-Cours race!
Date: June 22, 2008 12:05PM
yes, it could send magny-cours off with a bang!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 22, 2008 12:11PM
Posted by: count.bazley
Can anyone tell me why Kovalainen is starting 10th and not 11th? He qualified 6th not 5th, regardless of the fact Hamilton has a 10 place penalty. He shouldn't move forward due to another driver also having a penalty. It should work like this: Hamilton qualifies 3rd and gets demoted 10 places from this point (13th) as has been applied and Kovalained qualifies 6th and is demoted 5 places back (11th) and then the rest of the grid is formed around these set positions.
Date: June 22, 2008 12:15PM
Posted by: casabonka
Bazley... coz Hamilton got his penalty first, his position drops, so Heikki went up to 5th, then took his penalty

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: June 22, 2008 12:17PM
what time does the ITV feed start, i would like to know when to turn the streaming on ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 22, 2008 12:30PM
casabonka Wrote:
> Bazley... coz Hamilton got his penalty first, his
> position drops, so Heikki went up to 5th, then
> took his penalty

Yeah but it should be fixed from the qualifying position rather than factoring in other drivers penalties. Imagine if the top 10 all had 10 place penalties and the bottom 10 didn't, the grid wouldn't actually changed at all! Surely that isn't right?
Date: June 22, 2008 12:48PM
Posted by: raulongo
RTV's Inside GP France ^_^

[rapidshare.com]

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: June 22, 2008 12:50PM
count.bazley Wrote:
> casabonka Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Bazley... coz Hamilton got his penalty first,
> his
> > position drops, so Heikki went up to 5th, then
> > took his penalty
>
> Yeah but it should be fixed from the qualifying
> position rather than factoring in other drivers
> penalties. Imagine if the top 10 all had 10 place
> penalties and the bottom 10 didn't, the grid
> wouldn't actually changed at all! Surely that
> isn't right?

Yeah, then the bottom 10 would be the top 10 and vice versa.

Its like with engine penalties, if two drivers have an engine failure, who ever blows an engine firsts, goes to last (or 10 places back) and the 2nd driver will go down after the first person drops his places.

Im not explaining it very well, but I understand what I mean :P:P

Date: June 22, 2008 12:52PM
Oh I totally understand exactly what you mean I just think the way they do it is a bit silly.
Date: June 22, 2008 12:54PM
Ah glad u do :):)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy