Magny Cours Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by mcdo 
Re: Magny Cours Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 22, 2008 03:54PM
Posted by: ro4die
Great race Nelsinho, its just a begining of the problem for Alonso! rsrsrsrsrs!
Massa is the man to be defeat!
The world will must try!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2008 03:56PM by ro4die.
Date: June 22, 2008 03:54PM
Posted by: n00binio
quite a nice hole in kimiĀ“s engine cover. hopefully no damage done to the engine, he needs it for another race
Date: June 22, 2008 03:55PM
Posted by: vesuvius
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> vesuvius Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Bloody brilliant race form Kimi, the man of the
> > race! without a problem it would have been a
> > dominant win for Kimi.
>
>
> Man of the race ? :s in what way? he just drove
> round with less power basically and did what was
> needed...
>
> Hiekki and Trulli both had performances that were
> by far more impressive imo. Both Ferraris did
> nothing but drone round lap after lap.
>
> A shite race, though I would say that wouldnt I. I
> can usually be sure of at least one of my cars
> doing well, but aswell as JB retiring, Rosberg had
> no pace, and Rubens had no pace. I pretty much
> turned off when JB retired and only really took
> notice when it looked like Hiekki could take 3rd.
>
> A quiet but strong race from Piquet, he kept it
> clean and on the black stuff which was all he
> needed to do, and a silly mistake from Alonso gave
> him some much needed points. Can he keep it up
> though...?

dominating your team mate and finishin 2nd with a car that has lost a huge amount of power is very well done so man of the race on my eyes. Heikki and Trulli did very well too but nothing major after the qualifying.Hamilton made once again lot's of mistakes and stupid moves so no points for him is well deserved.
Date: June 22, 2008 03:59PM
Posted by: IWE
Hamilton = Penalty
Kovalainen = Exactly same situation, no penalty???

Kimi = Allowed drive on track without beeing forced to pit??? WTF???

Why the hell we have any rules?

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 22, 2008 04:01PM
Posted by: MarcA
Hamilton = Penalty
Kovalainen = Exactly same situation, no penalty???

Kovalainen didn't take the place from Trulli!

Date: June 22, 2008 04:01PM
Posted by: gav
Bruninho Wrote:
> PIIIIIIQQQQQUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!! Now STFU
> Piquet bashers, yay ;)

Yeah. Rumours that Ferrari are after him for 2009 now.

Seriously, he had a very good race, and well done to him, but 1 race isn't going to get the bashers off his back. He's been out-qualified 7-0, and this is the first time he's beaten his teammate. He's got to have this sort of race every race (not necessarily beat Alonso, but have a good, solid race) for him to prove he's got any future in this sport. He's still had the worst debut season of any F1 drivers in my memory. 1 result doesn't change that.

No idea what happened to Alonso - he had no pace whatsoever. Hamilton too, and a shocking error to compound that. That's 3 races in a row he's made a potentially race ruining mistake. Ron needs to give him a kick up the arse, because his head's getting well on top of him.

Man of the race: Heikki for me - came up well from 10th to mount a strong challenge for a podium. Trulli a good 2nd. Ferrari was pretty much as expected - just finish and you'll get a 1-2.
Date: June 22, 2008 04:02PM
IWE Wrote:
> Hamilton = Penalty
> Kovalainen = Exactly same situation, no
> penalty???
>
>
> Kimi = Allowed drive on track without beeing
> forced to pit??? WTF???
>
>
> Why the hell we have any rules?

eh don't u know the rules? Heikki didn't gained any advantage from cutting the track unlike Lewis did. and to be honest what Trulli did was very dangerous almost pushing Heikki out of the track.

and Kimi situation yes they should have asked him to pit and remove that part but well that wouldn't have changed anything, he would have been easy 2nd still :)
Date: June 22, 2008 04:02PM
Posted by: Monza972
What the hell! ITV didn't even show the bloody press conference and all they did was ramble on about Hamilton and his crappy race pace.
Date: June 22, 2008 04:03PM
Posted by: mikef1
Poor race by Lewis and Fernando wasn't much better either. Good to see Nelson finally getting some points and a great job keeping both Mclaren's behind for so many laps.
Kimi's bad luck is coming back to haunt him again, he was so dominant before the exhaust went, what a shame.
Great job by Jarno, really pleased to see him up there and Toyota getting a podium after the sad death of Ove Andersson.
Finally some good points for Heikki after a solid drive and a great fight with Jarno in the closing laps.
Date: June 22, 2008 04:04PM
Posted by: ro4die
Kovalainen no penalty becouse not efective overtake in Trulli
Date: June 22, 2008 04:05PM
Posted by: mikef1
Monza972 Wrote:
> What the hell! ITV didn't even show the bloody
> press conference and all they did was ramble on
> about Hamilton and his crappy race pace.

Seriously, did you expect otherwise? ITV showed again how crap they are and Steve sounded gutted after race that Lewis hadn't done well.
Date: June 22, 2008 04:14PM
Posted by: FRESCO
Hamilton has got to learn to keep his head. He was far too hot headed and got himself into that situation and it will ruin his season. Having said that, the stewards decision was harsh to say the least and I can't help but feel that McLaren are being victimised at the whim of Mr Mosley again after two debateable penalties in a row. I saw the exact same situation occur in the GP2 race this morning and no penalty was dished out. Wheres the consistency?

And Raikkonen should have got the black and orange flag for that exhaust hanging off, but didn't? What if that had flown off into the path of another car? Unbelievable.

Date: June 22, 2008 04:14PM
Posted by: marcl
Was an ok race unlucky for kimi but a lucky 2nd place as by rights he should have been called in the pit, had that come off and hit another car or driver ir could have really hurt them. Yet again not all the rules being applied.

Mclaren should have told lewis to let the car passed again simple as that I was supprised that they did not, but we have not seen it from outside the car so was he passed or not and did he just loose control of the car? if so the penalty was harsh. I hope there is footage from outside the car, ron claimed lewis was passed before the corner. We have seen in the passed drivers informed by the fia to let the car back pass again, this did not happen today. Had Kovy got pass trulli then he would have had to give the place back due to the fact he would have passed him off track. Difference with the lewis off track moment is lewis seemed to have made the pass before the braking zone then the back of the car stepped out, but as I said no outside car footage.

Great drive by Trulli and Kovy, I would say a poor race by alonso but did his car get damaged when Lewis hit it, it was hard to see if he did or did not due to the camera angle.

Piquet done well today finishing ahead of alonso, he also did well holding back kovy and lewis I wonder what happened coming out the pits.

Lewis now 10 point behind unless mclaren can really improve the car I would say game over, neither Lewis or mclaren look good at the moment. But I dont think the mistake today was stupid he was trying to pass a car at least he did not hit the car and I dont think he done lots of mistakes like people are saying. Alonso made errors last year in Spain and Canada and people did not call him stupid they said at least he was trying to pass :)

The camera work today was so poor.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2008 04:27PM by marcl.
Date: June 22, 2008 04:20PM
mikef1 Wrote:
> Monza972 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What the hell! ITV didn't even show the bloody
> > press conference and all they did was ramble on
> > about Hamilton and his crappy race pace.
>
>
> Seriously, did you expect otherwise? ITV showed
> again how crap they are and Steve sounded gutted
> after race that Lewis hadn't done well.

Indeed, even the Silverstone feature didn't work well. Rider just looked baffled and bored with presenting

Bruninho Wrote:
> Bah the ferrari #2 didnt deserved it, Kimi the man
> of the race, no doubt. Had he had the exaust
> problem, he wouldnt do what Kimi did.
>
> PIIIIIIQQQQQUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!! Now STFU
> Piquet bashers, yay ;)

LOL Bruno ;)
Date: June 22, 2008 04:23PM
Posted by: marcl
Its normal ITV by midway in the year they loose intrest and the coverage just gets worse and worse. Roll on next year.
Date: June 22, 2008 04:23PM
Posted by: Nickv
Piquet? Points?

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Date: June 22, 2008 04:57PM
Nickv Wrote:
> Piquet? Points?
>
> ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
> ????????????

Yes Nick. 2 Piquet Points ;)
Date: June 22, 2008 05:04PM
and when we are speaking about penalties...McLaren used team orders today for letting Lewis pass Heikki, it's clear that Heikki did brake/slow down 100-150 meters before he would have normally done...telemetry should show this and McLaren should according to the rules get the penalty but it won't happend :)
Date: June 22, 2008 05:09PM
Posted by: Nickv
There's a difference between team orders and team strategy though.
Date: June 22, 2008 05:11PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
well we all knew heikki would let hamilton past and it was a stupid decision for heikki to agree. Did he really think Hamilton would be special enough and super fast to overtake the renault and get down the road. It just cost heikki 3rd place.

Blame mclaren on that one for costing him a podium....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy