>
> Ferrari are killing Formula One and have lost all
> of the little respect i had for them.
> USA GP = Set GP, they faked the 'oh no RB has got
> ahead we have to push' When it was all a game
> plan. They never give team radio so they felt
> embarased to be the team that caused the whole
> sitiation

I dont see how anyone can blame Ferrari for this - everyone knows that there were many other factors involved for this giant cockup.

Looks like your just blinded by your hatered for Ferrari, which is quite sad to see actually

P.S - no offense

some of yall really need a tissue. :';(

Michelin couldnt come up with good tyre. Bridgestone could. Everything was played by the rules, the way it should be.

And let's say you're Alonso and you're sure of getting 0 points, Michael is in front of oyu at the 1st curve and he's sure of getting 10 points, don't tell me you wouldnt try to pass him, whatever the cost.

Ferrari had everything to lose by having the other guys in the race.
What Ferrari showed today was they're daddy's son, the ones who show up their asses so FIA can @#$%& them.

so what the f*ck are minardi and jordan?

you people are simply incredible

taigro desvered to celebrate. farce that it was this years season is simply amazing

Ive been watching this thread with interest since the end of the GP and would like to add some thoughts.

As everyone has already stated, this is a monumental screw up from F1 in general. I place a lot of the blame on the FIA for changing the tyre rules for this year. Im not sure, but with last years regs this farce may have been averted as the tyre companies would have approached the USGP and indeed the entire season with a different mentality. Ie, Knowing that the tyres would not have to last as long. That might have helped, it might not of either. Hindsight is going to be a big factor in the fallout of this debacle.

We also know how hard Bridgestone pressed Michelin last year, so theres an extremely competative mentality in the tyre war. Perhaps this may have pushed Michelin too far in their quest for an edge leading to a comprimise in safety without them realising it.

Going back to the FIA for a moment, the worst thing is this strengthens its stand on F1 regs, as just last week they decided there was a need for a FIA regulated control tyre. F1 does not need more radical change, as look at what the current changes have made.

Finally, I dont think its fair to lay blame at Ferraris door. speaking as a non-Ferrari fan They are not a Michelin team, so this was none of their business and they acted accordingly.

Thank you
Duffy
Re: The 2005 Indianapolis GP Thread [spoiler warning]
Date: June 19, 2005 11:06PM
Posted by: LS.
Until they can enforce a majority vote on things related to the concorde agreement these are the kind of things that will happen

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
this will all blow over im sure of it.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Of course we can blame Ferrqari, but not entirely.

All 9 teams agreed to a chicane. Except for Ferrari.

If they would have agreed, then we would have had a race.

Simple as that.

it will blow over, because sometimes these things can happen.

Michelin are responsible for the situation they found themselves in. There was a solution, but the FIA were not willing to take the lead in putting the chicane down, and Ferrari didnt want it. Whatever the rights and wrongs of Ferraris decision, for the good of the sport and the race today that chicane should have gone in.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 19, 2005 11:14PM
Posted by: mart
Can't you lot accept that it was Michelins fault. Not Ferrari's or Schumi's or anyone else's. Their tyres worked fine, why should they sacrifice their race for a manufacturer that couldn't get it right?

Yes, maybe the FIA should have helped more but what are they meant to do? Keep changing the rules 'cause teams say "oh, sorry our team can't race here 'cause of *add fault here*". Everybody hates the FIA changing the rules, but this doesn't exactly help, does it? Changing the rules 'cause a stupid tyre manufacturer can't figure out how to make road-worthy tyres.

Face it Michelin chose performance over safety, simple as that.

I'm really looking to the GPWC if Michelin are the lone tyre suppliers, every race will be called off. :P
Date: June 19, 2005 11:16PM
Posted by: TC
anze89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so what the f*ck are minardi and jordan?
>
> you people are simply incredible

Minardi are the leaders of the rebellion :P
Jordan are deperate for points.

Minardi wouldn't have stayed out if Jordan didn't, but they couldn't just let Jordan get points while they get nothing.
The only way Ferrari should have agreed if they were guaranteed 1st and 2nd.

I'm highly suspicious that it didn't happen.

Look at the ferrari webpage it says RULES ARE RULES: AN INDISPUTABLE WIN..

LOOK AT THIS PIC..
EVERY MICHELIN TEAM AND BOTH BRIDGESTONE WERE PLANING THIS THING..

97kirkc Wrote:

> All 9 teams agreed to a chicane. Except for
> Ferrari.
>
> If they would have agreed, then we would have had
> a race.
>
> Simple as that.
>

That's not true and anyone with a memory more than that of a goldfish will remember that the track managment AND the FIA both said there is no way the track will be modified irrelevant of where all the teams stand, also Jordan joined Ferrari later on and of course so did Minardi. This thread is silly and so are most of you people..the arguments here consist of basically 'Ferrari are evil they ruined everything end of story, oh and they own the FIA that goes without saying' great really...

Just to lighten the dark mood for a minute:

CONSPIRACY THEORY:

Apparently there was a large number of Ferraris in St Peters square for the popes sunday mass. The Pope even commented on them during hs speech apparently. Devine intervention perhaps? ;)
NickKK Wrote:
> 97kirkc Wrote:
>
> > All 9 teams agreed to a chicane. Except for
> > Ferrari.
> >
> > If they would have agreed, then we would have
> had
> > a race.
> >
> > Simple as that.
> >
>
> That's not true and anyone with a memory more than
> that of a goldfish will remember that the track
> managment AND the FIA both said there is no way
> the track will be modified irrelevant of where all
> the teams stand, also Jordan joined Ferrari later
> on and of course so did Minardi. This thread is
> silly and so are most of you people..the arguments
> here consist of basically 'Ferrari are evil they
> ruined everything end of story, oh and they own
> the FIA that goes without saying' great really...

If all 10 teams agree to something, the FIA cannot stop them, as this is how the concorde agreement works.

a 10 team combined contract depicts what they can do, as it is their event.

If the 10 teams agree, the FIA have to sign, unless the contract appears to conform to something that is totally ridiculous, which in this case it was not.

Try learning your facts before being rude my friend.

I wasn't being rude and the FIA could not have forced the race organisers to build a chicane it was not going to happen.

As Lauda said before the race a non-championship race will be a joke of all time.

A 10 team agreement would have turned it into one.
Its not a problem to build a chicane, you can put some used tyres there, and voila, here is the chicane.

NickKK Wrote:
That's not true and anyone with a memory more than
> that of a goldfish will remember that the track
> managment AND the FIA both said there is no way
> the track will be modified irrelevant of where all
> the teams stand

IMS said from the beginning there would be no problem putting a chicane in, even the 8 of the 9 teams even agreed to a 3 lap pratice session so drivers could get used to it, exception being Toyota because they said Trulli car didn't have enough gas to complete a 3 lap test session.

Clown
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy