The 2005 Indianapolis GP Thread [spoiler warning]

Posted by markko 
What a sad day for F1.

FIA Formula One race director Charlie Whiting is the biggest @#$%& I have ever come across. It was very clear from as early as Friday after the Toyota shunts, that Whiting was not going to give Michelin an inch.

I find it laughable that he then makes the statement that if a chicane is put into place the race would be a NON-CHAMPIONSHIP event !!!!! hehehehe LOL

Yet he is prepared to have a championship round for only 3 of the 10 teams in it. RIsk losing all faith in the thousands of fans that turned up to see a proper race. I sincerely hope the crowds DEMAND their money back from the USA GP organisers and vouch NEVER to attend a USA F1 race again. This issue was not a regular ocurrance but an isolated incident. There are no banked corners of the nature that F1 faces at Indy and Michelin got it wrong to the degree that they had no choice but to advise the teams that use their tyre accordingly.

I would have expected WHiting and his fellow FIA boffins to consider the BIGGER picture here today, instead they opted to rule in the most childish manner. Now all the years of hard work to get F1 back into the USA have been undone in one fowl sweep. I really thought the FIA had SAFETY has PARAMOUNT above all and a chicane at turn 13 would have solved all that. The race would have been the same for all and the great 2005 spectacle would have been enjoyed by one and all.

I think in view of the fact that only 3 of the 10 teams could start the race perhaps it should be declared a NON-championship event. If I was Micheal Schumacher and Ferrari I would demand it. Imagine Schumacher and Ferrari now winning the drivers and constructors championships by 1 or 2 points, what a farce it would be.

If a breakaway doesnt happen now, it never will. Go WCGP, GO!!!!
It's not really a 3 way championship unless Ferrari get a stronger car back in Europe they will just fall off again.
How odd I took pics of the TV as well thought well this is history might as well take snaps :P

"I find it laughable that he then makes the statement that if a chicane is put into place the race would be a NON-CHAMPIONSHIP event !!!!! hehehehe LOL"

Well it wouldn't be the same event as they qualified for.
why would ferrari want a non-championship race? they risked their cars and mostly engines and now they would want a non-championship race? I don't think so

MONTEEEEEEEEEEEEEIRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-d

amazing moment for him!

Rubens is stupid that he listens to the team-orders, they will throw him out anyway!

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Re: The 2005 Indianapolis GP Thread [spoiler warning]
Date: June 19, 2005 10:22PM
Posted by: gin
yeah Rubens is sh*t and stupid naive sheep. Lost all respect for him since he came to ferrari..
Well deserved victory for the Ferrari, they were dominant through out the race, almoust a full second per lap faster than Tiago. This time, they were unbeatable, Minardi and even a Jordan just wasnt on the pace. :p

Why couldn't the teams use the new tyres from Michelin. I know the rules and all that, but they siad that they were prepared to race and not score any points if they put the chicane in. So why not race with illegal tyres and get DQ afterwards? It would make more sense, because then Ferrari might have tripped up over someone or suffered a failure or something. The result wouldn't ahve been any worse for the Michelin teams, but there would have been a face-saving race.

And liek the guys on TV, I felt almost sick when they lined up on the grid like that. Urrrgghh! Horrible sight, and I never want to see it again.

Date: June 19, 2005 10:25PM
shame for Minardi, I wanted them to really rape the jordans...shows how sh*t ford engine is and always was.
yup i wish Ferrari ran into each other scheming twats. They had team orders all the way through that gp. The only problem in it was when they nearly hit cause MS is the number 1 driver so he gets the place. Since when have they given us team radio ?? never they just wanted it to make it look like they were racing when they weren't. I feel sorry for the crowd if Ferrari had agreed a chincane could have been put in. The teams even said they wont score points they would do it for the spectators but nope Ferrari couldn't give a sh*t about F1 only themselves. But anyway 2 weeks time Ferrari will be behind them again where they belong

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
like I said before what a joke...
@ Go Alesi
people, please read my posts.

As I said twice before:

Williams technical director Sam Michael has announced that the tyres that Michelin have flown over as a replacement are also not adequate for the banked corner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2005 10:26PM by anze89.
Before race I thought that chicane thinge was only bad joke! I cant even try to imagine scicane in place of that corner!!!

What next? Parking lot to place of eau-rouge??? F1 cars with spare tyre? Monkeys teaching childrens at school? Beer without alcohol? :P

---
Date: June 19, 2005 10:28PM
ILE_FIN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"...Beer without alcohol? :P"
>
>
there is already such a travesty, I was unfortunate enough to buy it a while ago :-/

:( i wanted anyone but monti guy to get third. i thought that there shudd've been some way round that race. i.e.puttin a bloomin chicane in!!!

keiran Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yup i wish Ferrari ran into each other scheming
> twats. They had team orders all the way through
> that gp. The only problem in it was when they
> nearly hit cause MS is the number 1 driver so he
> gets the place. Since when have they given us team
> radio ?? never they just wanted it to make it look
> like they were racing when they weren't. I feel
> sorry for the crowd if Ferrari had agreed a
> chincane could have been put in. The teams even
> said they wont score points they would do it for
> the spectators but nope Ferrari couldn't give a
> sh*t about F1 only themselves. But anyway 2 weeks
> time Ferrari will be behind them again where they
> belong
>
> Keiran
>
>
> Ferrari are killing Formula One and have lost all
> of the little respect i had for them.
> USA GP = Set GP, they faked the 'oh no RB has got
> ahead we have to push' When it was all a game
> plan. They never give team radio so they felt
> embarased to be the team that caused the whole
> sitiation

where are you geting information that teams offered not to race for points? they only offerd bridgestone teams to start from first three rows

[www.formula1.com] this thing doesnt work or is just my internet

Same here.
just your internet

edit: it doesn't work, I only had it in 'memory', because it worked 10 mins ago

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2005 10:32PM by anze89.
Can't believe that mess was ever allowed to happen. Although I'm a McLaren fan -I can see why Ferrari did not agree with the other 9 teams - however at the same time all those people went there and paid all that money and with whatever penalty that the Michelin teams would have been given - Ferrari could have still easily won the race.

The FIA are to blame IMO for this mess - however it could have easily been avoided - they could have put the chicane in and allowed the race to happen, and not have given the Michelin teams the points (as I think was mentioned on ITV).

It may have been Michelin's fault - but they were at least looking at ways to give the American fans something to watch. Paul Stoddart can moan all he likes - but realistically could he have beaten the Jordans? Why didn;t he just bring his cars in if he was so behind the idea of putting the chicane in?

I can't see an American race, wherever it is held getting very many ticket sales for a while after that, wonder if there will even be a US Grand Prix next year - could have been one of the best races of the season as well, and instead we ended up with something even more boring than Corination Street to watch.

Real shame as I always love the American race over almost all the others apart from Spa, and todays could have been one of the best races of the season with the slighly mixed up grid, hope France can at least go someway of undoing the farce that was played out on live tv today, hope as fans we never have to see anything like that again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2005 10:32PM by KindaUnstuck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy