Posted by: mclarenaustralia
F1 2010 = Formula 1 98 anyone agree?
Re: Codemasters' F1 game discussion
Date: October 03, 2010 02:27PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> F1 2010 = Formula 1 98 anyone agree?

I must say I do. I would add to that that besides Grand Prix 4 F1 97 on the original Playstation is still one of the best f1 games of all time

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: October 03, 2010 02:31PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
CaptinFranko Wrote:
> mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > F1 2010 = Formula 1 98 anyone agree?
>
> I must say I do. I would add to that that besides
> Grand Prix 4 F1 97 on the original Playstation is
> still one of the best f1 games of all time

I still play F1 97 on my old CRT TV! :)
It is the best game I think I have ever played, I must have spent thousands of hours with it.
I still remember the day when I bought it from the pre-owned section in Game for £2.97 in July 2002 ;)
Date: October 03, 2010 02:59PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> F1 2010 = Formula 1 98 anyone agree?

That's a bit extreme.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: October 03, 2010 03:16PM
Posted by: Vandusk
I've done already many races in this game and I only had a few of them, where the times of the AI in the first lap were unrealistic.
The most times by the AI in the first lap were on the same level like I did. And no, I don't play on one the lowest levels of the game, I'm playing on the highest level of this game!
Date: October 03, 2010 05:16PM
Posted by: sasjag
holy @#$%& this is terrible. I somehow lost 46s in a pitstop that was perfectly normal :|

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: October 03, 2010 07:25PM
Posted by: Jithendra
the pitstops are insane. in spain, i pit ahead of petrov, button, senna and schumi's cars that followed me in.. had a perfect stop, and then the fullish lollypop man holds me back to let the cars that pit behind me go by before he cleared me... WTF?

Date: October 03, 2010 10:35PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Yeah, I decided to play a bit more, and slowly I'm finding some ways around the issues. The pitstop thing I solved by always shifting the window by 1 or 2 laps then the one suggest by the AI. Usually the computer puts my stop at the same time as the others, so that has worked for me in the last few races quite well. Also, I dunno why, but after I turned the mini-map on, the rubber banding AI has become a lot less of a problem. Maybe the map forces the computer to always run the cars on the track, so I've been able to pit and still come ahead of other cars that had pit first. Still having problems with the tyre thing sometimes...but it is less now for some reason after I started running towards the front of the pack.

The result is that the last 6 races or so, I've been really having a lot of fun with the game. I was having a miserable time up to Monaco, but once I got to the Istanbul it all picked up...Now the problem is that I'm finally finding the AI too easy. Just won a couple of races with the Virgin. The first one was Spa in the wet...AI is simply terrible there in wet conditions. Won the race with 27s difference to second place. The second race was Monza. Although the AI was quite competitive here, always setting the same times as I did, I managed to pull quite a bit far ahead on the pits...I came in together with Vettel, but since Virgin is on the last spot of the pit, I was able to get out long before him...my guess is that he was stuck there waiting for the other cars. For now I'm running 30% races as I don't really have time to do 100% distance because of limited playing time, but I think the game is quite fun if you don't take it seriously.

Anyway, as far as single player AI and simulation it doesn't touch GP4 of course, but still possible to have fun with the game.
Date: October 04, 2010 03:17AM
Posted by: matt3454
How do you change the mini map? I've always wanted that one you get just as your leaving the pit lane!

Date: October 04, 2010 06:43PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
When you say you turned the mini-map on how do you mean? I ask what seems like a silly question because on my ps3 version it is on as default.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: October 04, 2010 07:32PM
I switched it off as soon as I entered the game as that is the way I used to play Gp4...no overlays at all. But in this game you get quite lost since you don't get the same amount of info in the wheel.
Date: October 04, 2010 09:11PM
Posted by: Enjoi
I know that there are a lot of issues with this game but I just had my best race ever!

I qualified 9th in the Virgin car at Spa as it was raining in qualy. Started the race dry but began to rain pretty quickly and a lot pitted so I was third. Stayed out for as long as possible in 3rd until it pretty suddenly went undriveable in dry's...ended up doing a lap really slow going into the gravel etc...went down into 14th. Then I pitted to put wets on and went to 20th, but the rest had inters on and as the rain kept coming down I was just going faster and faster, worked my way up to 8th when cars started coming in again to put wets on which left me in 5th place. The cars in front were about 30 seconds ahead but I was gaining 2-4 seconds a lap. Then on the last lap (of a 22 lap race) Hamilton and Webber spun in the rain and I then over-took Alonso leaving me in 2nd place chasing Button, he messed up on the final chicane and I finished right beside him but just came second.

I was amazed after that! Only to find out I had been given a time penalty of 10 seconds as I hit Vettel earlier on in the race, meaning I came 5th in the end. Gutted :(.

Still, it was good fun!

Ric Scott
Date: October 04, 2010 10:37PM
Posted by: Monza972
Enjoi Wrote:
> I was amazed after that! Only to find out I had
> been given a time penalty of 10 seconds as I hit
> Vettel earlier on in the race, meaning I came 5th
> in the end. Gutted :(.
>
> Still, it was good fun!

I hate that time penalty thing. I was playing it yesterday at Singapore at the start of the race (Started from 8th) and went up to fourth on the start and then got tapped in the back by Petrov or someone and I get told I have a time penalty of 10secs. HOW?! HE HIT ME!!!

Well annoyed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2010 10:40PM by Monza972.
Date: October 04, 2010 10:44PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Got tapped by the AI, my car then TOOK OFF and I got a penalty for blocking whilst flying through the air.

@#$%& Codemasters. They didn't even test this game.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 04, 2010 10:55PM
Posted by: ralv585
Had some really great races online today :)

I think finally people are learning the tracks more and driving more cleanly.

There were still first corner piles ups, but if you avoided them and went on, the guys that made it through drove some fantastic races!

Loving this game the more and more i play, just wish the single player issues get resolved.

Date: October 04, 2010 11:34PM
Monza972 Wrote:
> Enjoi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I was amazed after that! Only to find out I had
> > been given a time penalty of 10 seconds as I
> hit
> > Vettel earlier on in the race, meaning I came
> 5th
> > in the end. Gutted :(.
> >
> > Still, it was good fun!
>
> I hate that time penalty thing. I was playing it
> yesterday at Singapore at the start of the race
> (Started from 8th) and went up to fourth on the
> start and then got tapped in the back by Petrov or
> someone and I get told I have a time penalty of
> 10secs. HOW?! HE HIT ME!!!
>
> Well annoyed.

I know you guys like to be ultra harcore, but if you put the penalty settings on reduced, it gets a lot better as well. At least, I can sometimes bump the AI a bit and I only get a warning.
Date: October 04, 2010 11:52PM
Posted by: FRESCO
I was having a really good time in career mode despite the bugs. Had a particular good blast around Monaco, I pitted quite early to put on the harder tyres whereas the people around me stayed out. My team-mate Trulli then activated rocket mode and started lapping at the leaders pace and came out ahead of me near the end of the race, (depsite being 15 secs behind me when I pitted) and I had about 4 or 5 flat out laps chasing him down. Really enjoyable. Finished 18th in the end.

And after that race, I got the corrupt save game bug. So complete restart for me :(

Date: October 05, 2010 12:55AM
Posted by: matt3454
CaptinFranko Wrote:
> When you say you turned the mini-map on how do you
> mean? I ask what seems like a silly question
> because on my ps3 version it is on as default.

The map of all the whole track?

On the xbox/pc I just get a map of about 200metres in front of me, the map then zooms out to the full circuit showing all the cars and where they are, once you are back on the track it zooms back in again.

Date: October 05, 2010 02:48PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
FRESCO schrieb:
My team-mate Trulli then activated rocket
> mode and started lapping at the leaders pace

LMAO ; lol ; ROFL ; :DD. Only that game can produce such mess. only played it for about an hour and got tottally dissapointed, because for me the realism is most important. but i still think that the multiplayer option produces really realistic and greeat races, as much as i read the forums lately
Date: October 05, 2010 04:43PM
Posted by: Rams
Regarding the mini-map, someone's dug out some alpha screenshots/video showing a much wider track view and even a better view of the gaps.

Wonder why they took it out...? ;-)

Also apparently there's some hidden code for an "auto-correct" function similar to pressing F3 in GP4 - if you spin then just centre the wheel and press the brakes and the car will magically point in the right direction ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy