Date: June 16, 2010 07:27PM
Posted by: Slash
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well this looks so bad :(
>
> [www.gametrailers.com]
> 101829

wow, that looks horrible!!! 200% arcade... i hope this is just the PS or XBOX version. the only positive thing i can say about that video is that track looks very realistic and nice
Re: Codemasters' F1 game discussion
Date: June 16, 2010 08:37PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Hard to tell how bad it is due to the ape driving with the game pad. Hopefully it's set on arcade, but still disappointing.
Date: June 16, 2010 08:59PM
Posted by: LS.
Arcade mode most probably, plus its all washed out visually as its been recorded off a monitor onto a cam corder or phone, the dev diary gives a better impression

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 17, 2010 01:00AM
I want it to be good, I'm just sceptical of CMs ability to tailor to my needs.

It helps if you have someone who knows what they're doing driving but then it wasn't a professional video.

In short, we haven't really learnt anything, other than visually it's delicious.
Date: June 17, 2010 02:04AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Doing a 2:27 and still winning by 2s with a spin, I'd have to say it's not that realistic setting :P. On E3, unless they have you sit on a roosterpit (get it?), it won't be simulation.
Date: June 17, 2010 02:18AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
I don't really like the way the stats are displayed at the end, it's not very nice presentation :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2010 02:18AM by salvasirignano.
Date: June 18, 2010 04:41AM
Codemasters confirmed the video shows gameplay with aids on and low difficulty. This is some more:

Date: June 18, 2010 11:59AM
You can change engine modes from cruise to push etc. which affects the engine temp. Sounds funky, but if they aren't including mechanical failures then why bother with that?
Date: June 18, 2010 05:50PM
Posted by: Twigster151
loque Wrote:
> You can change engine modes from cruise to push
> etc. which affects the engine temp. Sounds funky,
> but if they aren't including mechanical failures
> then why bother with that?

From what i've read on the f1 2010 forums is that they have included some like loss of power but not anything that could end your race.
Date: June 18, 2010 06:19PM
Hmm. Better than nothing I guess. I don't see why they can't inlude it in the sim mode. It's hardly a realistic representation if HRT, Virgin, Sauber etc. finish every race. Complete @#$%& lunacy!
Date: June 19, 2010 01:07AM
Posted by: chet
Will be interesting to know how they've done the engine and gearbox rule.

I think giving the user the choice of when to use his allocation of engines will be a good idea, add another dimension.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 19, 2010 05:25AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
loque Wrote:
> Hmm. Better than nothing I guess. I don't see why
> they can't inlude it in the sim mode. It's hardly
> a realistic representation if HRT, Virgin, Sauber
> etc. finish every race. Complete @#$%& lunacy!

They said that the new teams will have hydraulic problems, so they won't finish every race, still I think they should include Red Bull in that list ;). The game is looking fine but I am not a fan of the Dirt like interface, they should have gone with the authentic one like in F1CE.
Date: June 20, 2010 11:50AM
New video, or at least an overlooked one.

This one is with Stephen Flood driving, so he knows what he's doing more than the other guy we saw. The weather system looks awesome I have to say. I don't like the way the results are presented either, guess we'll just have to get used to it. They're still keeping the damage model under wraps. What ARE they doing with it??

[www.gametrailers.com]
Date: June 21, 2010 01:11AM
I believe the weather looks awesome, I noticed individual rain drops falling on the track and the water splashing accordingly, however I noticed it is also still all over the track, there's not a drying line with a pool everywhere around it. That's my one concern.
Date: June 21, 2010 02:26AM
Posted by: Slash
i'm impressed with the track, i think i haven't been impressed this much with tracks since GP4

it looks extremely accurate
Date: June 21, 2010 10:31PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Looks good, but didn't seem too challenging in the wet without TC, and the AI was a bit ropey in places (Alonso was a bit erratic).

[Website]
Date: June 23, 2010 04:19AM
SimRacingTonight's interview with Codies

Date: June 23, 2010 06:12AM
Posted by: RebelWithoutaCause
Development and features
F1 2010 (video game) at IGN state that F1 2010 will be released in Europe on 25 September 2010. F1 2010 will feature "the most complicated weather system ever seen in a racing game" [5] which is integral to F1. When rain starts to fall, the track will gradually lose grip, with some areas losing grip faster than others. "Overhanging trees, for example, will shelter the track, while dips and indentations in the tarmac will hold more standing water and provide a greater risk." [6]

When the rain stops, a "drying line" will start to appear which will provide more grip which will make it easier to drive. If car goes off the dry line, the tires will lose grip and it will be harder to drive. Evolving track will also be featured elsewhere in the game; at the start of a race weekend, the track will be "green" and therefore have less grip, but as the weekend progresses, rubber will be laid down onto the track increasing the grip.[6]

The game will feature a career mode consisting of either 3, 5 or 7 seasons (depending on the end users choice). Where players can drive for any team, each having their own objectives - "For example, race for Ferrari and anything other than winning the Driver's and Constructor's Championship would be a failure, while a mere points finish when driving for Lotus would be a huge success."[6] Media interest will also differ depending on whether the player is racing for one of the top teams, or a team at the back of the grid. Impromptu interviews will take place alongside the official interviews following each race.

Research will also feature in F1 2010. Consistently out-race their teammate, and the player will receive new parts, updates and upgrades as they're developed. Their team will develop new parts and updates for their car throughout the season, evolving the car as the season goes on.

Sounds promising.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy