Codemasters' F1 game discussion

Posted by Rodrigo007 
Re: Codemasters' F1 game discussion
Date: July 31, 2010 06:53PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Still distinctly unconvinced by the look of the physics. Cars look pretty glued and looks like they'll just turn no matter what. Also note the various shots where there's tyre smoke as AI cars slide round the corners...

As they're not doing a demo (some stuff about licensing - but they could put a demo together for the games conventions...) I will have to wait until somebody turstworthy posts a review. I'm desperately hoping that it's good becuase I can't even play GP4 anymore becuase I don't have a working desktop, but I have serious doubts.

Date: August 01, 2010 02:51PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
...and why dont you write the review?
Date: August 01, 2010 05:50PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
loque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...and why dont you write the review?

He cant write the review as he will actually wait for a review to make a judgement call. Probably like me, he likely doesnt have money to splash out on a game he will play less than 10 times. Waiting for reviews makes sense for guys like us.
Date: August 02, 2010 07:57PM
hmm you could rent?

it's just that your opinion may differ hugely to someone who writes a review. they might love it and you could hate it, but they might hate it and you might have loved it, so you might miss out.

look how much opinions are divided on these forums with regard to rFactor, iRacing and GPL, pour examplé..
Date: August 02, 2010 08:14PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
hmm you could rent?

You can't rent PC games in the UK, or rather it is extremely rare due to the mass amount of piracy it would create for such a tiny market.

Sorry, I see no problem with what he said. He said he'll wait for a trust worthy review and somehow got picked up on for it. That tends to be exactly what I do for a lot of games, since reviewers for sites are so corrupt that it isn't worth reading any more.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 02, 2010 10:59PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
What did I say?

I don't want to spend £40 on a game that I have doubts about. Would have tried a demo but can't, so I'll need to wait until somebody makes some sensible comments on the physics (I'm sure the rest of it will be very good). It does not matter whether they like the game or not - I just want a clear description of the physics. I may rent, although it seems to cost £6 or £7 to rent new Xbox games which is a little extra when you add it on to £40.

Date: August 03, 2010 02:04PM
Yeah renting's not happening in South Africa at all either - in fact doubt it'll even be sold here. Would have to go E-Bay or something similar.
Date: August 04, 2010 12:35AM
Yeah sorry I meant Xbox. Not PC obvz.

@ Dave yes of course some reviewers are corrupt but only on the actual main sites I was speaking generally about people on here and other racing forums who are not corrupt but may have totally different, yet valid views of the same product.

I personally would rather waste £6 to see if it was @#$%& or not rather than never try myself and act on somebody else's opinion, before committing to buying/ not buying. I mean let's be honest you can usually tell this within fifteen minutes of gameplay. If you can't afford to buy it straight up, fair enough. Rent the Xbox version if you have the console because it doesn't seem to be any different to the PC version and then make up your mind, buy later when you can afford it or do not buy at all.

Yah?
Date: August 04, 2010 04:10PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Rent the Xbox version if you have the console because it doesn't seem to be any different to the PC version and then make up your mind, buy later when you can afford it or do not buy at all.

Same as the PC version? Yeah - GTA4 PC looked to be the same as the 360 version too. Look how that turned out.

What's the problem? All he wants is an informed opinion on the game before he purchases it. Christ.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 04, 2010 04:42PM
Still saying from day 1. Reviews of the physics is the way to go. It will be stunning graphically - we all know that by now. But graphics is about 15 % of what it will be to me.

And I seriously doubt that the console and pc physics will be exactly the same.

Physics and realism will make the game for me.
Date: August 04, 2010 06:07PM
Posted by: LS.
Can now confirm the Minimum PC specs for F1 2010.

• Windows XP/Vista/7
• DirectX 9.0c
• Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2
• 1GB RAM (2GB for Vista)
• Graphics Card: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or above
• DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard audio
• Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
• 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 04, 2010 07:30PM
DaveEllis Wrote:

> What's the problem? All he wants is an informed
> opinion on the game before he purchases it.
> Christ.

No problem!
Date: August 10, 2010 02:02PM
Posted by: Monza972
I also asked one of the developers on Twitter today whether will create a patch or a DLC for the game since it's released in September as to accomodate the last and late season car changes?

He said no.

T4RG4
@Monza972 There won't be any car changes in a patch as such files are limited in size. That'd have to be DLC and that's not planned.
Date: August 10, 2010 02:54PM
Posted by: msater
That's a pity. If we work out how to mod the game we might be able to add the late season stuff in.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: August 10, 2010 03:36PM
Interview with the developers

[www.icgamers.com]

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 10, 2010 04:35PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
It appears that the license limits many aspects of what could go in the game. It would be nice to see driver transfers and stuff but sadly, marketing comes first.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: August 12, 2010 11:10AM
video interview

[games.on.net]

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 12, 2010 04:45PM
Posted by: bsmaff
Anyone from the UK looking to pre-order it cheap.

I just ordered the PC verison from www.shopto.net
£19.79 inc delivery.
Date: August 12, 2010 11:17PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
bsmaff schrieb:
> Anyone from the UK looking to pre-order it cheap.
>
> I just ordered the PC verison from www.shopto.net
> £19.79 inc delivery.

Damn, that's cheap. I pre-ordered it at Amazon.de for 42 Euros standard price (only have to pay 34 because I don't have to pay the taxes in Switzerland). For a moment I was really thinking on ordering at shopto.net as well, but that might bring me in the situation to wait even longer for the game. So, in the end, I'll bring in the additional 10 Euros and stay at Amazon.

LS. schrieb:
> Can now confirm the Minimum PC specs for F1 2010.
>
> • Windows XP/Vista/7
> • DirectX 9.0c
> • Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2
> • 1GB RAM (2GB for Vista)
> • Graphics Card: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or
> above
> • DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard
> audio
> • Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
> • 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space

I saw that as well and a big smile entered my face. I played GRID with a comparable spec and I had to play in 800x600 and with minimal details to play half-way fluently. Therefore I suppose that one won't have much fun with F1 2010 by having this minimum specs. I played it save and recently bought an i7 930 and a GTX460. That should be enough :D

In general I have to say that I am pretty sure that the videos which are available at the moment, don't show the full potential of the game. All videos I've seen so far seem to be played in Arcade-modus. I'll give report as soon as I've played it the first time, but I really can't imagine that it won't be able to battle with rFactor for the F1 crown (although I'm pretty sure that it won't be as modding-friendly as rFactor is).

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: August 13, 2010 02:54AM
Posted by: Monza972
PC version's about 25-ish from what's being said on the official Codies forums. I'd love to pre-order it right now and I have the dosh on me as well but am trying to save up for something major next year. Parents it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy