Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Date: May 12, 2008 05:31PM
Posted by: Monza972
Date: June 08, 2008 06:20AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Naked Gun - Grand Theft Auto Edition

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 08, 2008 06:37AM
Posted by: Guimengo
hahahahahahahaha
Date: June 08, 2008 10:25AM
Posted by: gav
That's brilliant Dave. :D
Date: June 08, 2008 05:48PM
Posted by: sasjag
genius!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 18, 2008 11:40PM
Posted by: Red Sam
LOL - fantastic - one of my favourite films!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 06, 2008 02:24AM
Posted by: Karan
Alright console just got back last night, after I got the RROD. Looks like they replaced it with a 'Microsoft Certified Replacement Console' whatever that is. Anyway I'm back in business and back to GTA4 finally :)

Date: August 06, 2008 09:29PM
Posted by: Marko
Woohoo GTA4 for PC officially annaunced !! :):)

Date: August 07, 2008 07:46PM
Posted by: Nickv
IT IS? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Date: August 07, 2008 07:55PM
Yes, it will be released in november. :) They also said something about expanded multiplayer only for pc. Here's full press release:

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC

New York, NY – August 6, 2008 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto IV will be arriving on the PC on November 18th and 21st in North America and Europe, respectively.

"We are very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can't wait for people to play it."

Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, the latest installment in the enormously successful Grand Theft Auto series features a painstakingly detailed and life-like city for players to explore; a rich, immersive narrative experience; an original soundtrack highlighting the cultural eclecticism of Liberty City; and newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC.

Date: October 14, 2008 05:36PM
Posted by: Nickv
PC trailer out!

[www.gametrailers.com]

Horney!
Date: November 24, 2008 09:21PM
Rockstar revealed some info about first expansion pack for X360. You play as a member of Liberty city biker gang. Release date is 17.02.2009. :)

Now more important stuff ;) GTA4 is coming on PC in 8 days. I preordered my copy in local shop but you can also buy it on STEAM and get Vice city for free. :)

Date: December 01, 2008 11:08PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Woooo! PC Version out this Wednesday :D

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: December 04, 2008 03:20PM
Well this hasn't exacly started well... Firstly I had to install and activate for 45 bloody minutes, it takes up 13GB of space and has to be installed off two DVD's, installs Rockstar Social Club (which it won't let you play without) Have to install Windows Live Gaming thingy just to save games and now after its finished with all that crap I ain't got time to play as my dinner break's over :(

Got a quick screenshot of ingame though

and the game on my rig, (Which even though it ain't brilliant, a Core2Duo E6600, 4GB Ram and ATi 4850 is not exactly low end) will only just struggle to run at 30 fps on Medium textures @1680x1050.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2008 03:23PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: December 04, 2008 06:21PM
Posted by: mika19b
Ianwoollam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the game on my rig, (Which even though it
> ain't brilliant, a Core2Duo E6600, 4GB Ram and ATi
> 4850 is not exactly low end) will only just
> struggle to run at 30 fps on Medium textures
> @1680x1050.

Bloody hell.

Look's like a quad core with a 4870 1GB is a must for going anywhere near high setting's then!
Date: December 04, 2008 11:54PM
Posted by: ralv585
you can't even play high settings :(

i got this today, got a quad core q6600 @2.4ghz, vista 32bit, 3 gig ram and a GTX 280, i get about 29fps, but i game at 1920x1080, anything lower and the 280 struggles, (it loves hi res)

i'm just waiting for a patch and new drivers to come out.

activating wasn't that bad, but a part of me is thinking whether i should have completed the 360 version instead of waiting for this?

i'll leave it and try to finish resistance 2 before i come back with a new patch and drivers hopefully

Date: December 05, 2008 12:13AM
Well you can force it into using High, through editing the INI files apparantly, but its not recommended. if you reduce the View Distance and maybe the Resolution then High should be unlocked (Its because GTA4 won't let you go over a certain amount of Video Card Memory, it gives you how much its used at the bottom of the screen) I can get high if I reduce the res to 800x600 because I've reduced the memory enough to support it, however in 1920x1200 I can't use anything but low Textures... and thats on a 512MB card :\ so I'd think that you need at least a 1GB card to even stand a chance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2008 12:14AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: December 05, 2008 12:45AM
no, i think i've confused you there mate

i can get high, the gtx 280 is the fastest card on the market, it has 1gb memory, what i mean is that its pointless choosing high as it runs at like 12-14 fps.

i've got it set to medium on textures and rendering, and around 30 for all the sliders, shadows set to 1, and it runs at 30fps

it looks so much cleaner and crisp than the 360 version, they say the medium settings are the 360 levels of details and graphics.

its all about waiting for the patch and new drivers to come out, just been playing it now, still stuttering here and there so i think by the end of next week, 30-40fps should be the norm

Date: December 05, 2008 01:45AM
Ahhh right I see, some people over at the GTA forums have been saying that they can't even get High to work on the 280, which I thought was strange! :\ I'm a bit confused why your FPS is slower than mine however, granted I am running at 1650x1080 but apparantly with GTA4 Res dosn't make much of a difference, and your rig is far superior to mine! The only difference I can see which swing in my favour is that I'm running in Vista 64bit.

/EDIT :- Actually I just decided to try and get it going in 1920x1200, had to lower the View Distance right down though to fit into my VRAM, but it seems to run quicker strangly enough, getting 35FPS out of it with virtually the same settings (Except the lower View Distance) Seems the benchmark says that at 1920x1200, my GFX card is the bottleneck (100% use of GFX card, 55% Ram and 80% on CPU) whereas in 1650x1080 it says my CPU is the bottleneck! (75% on GFX, 55% Ram and 100% on CPU)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2008 01:53AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: December 05, 2008 11:53AM
yeah the thing with our cards is that they perform better when you push them, not like before when you could just lower the resolution and see an increase, its now increase everything and you will see the difference.

with pc gaming its just hit and miss i think, my specs may be better, but the game just might not like it too much :S

i'm also on a pci-e 1.0 motherboard, so i'm not getting as much out of the 280 as i could, think i'm losing around 15% to pci-e 2.0, so that could be a reason as well

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy