GPGames Forum Scale Model Section

Posted by LS. 
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: March 30, 2011 07:16PM
Posted by: Muks_C
there's this set on ebay, bit pricey though:

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

I have always bought mine from TorontoMotorsports, but they only have them in 1:43 for the '94 Williams.

Application is easy, just acetone (or nail varnish remover) the white paint markings off the car carefully with a cottonbud (may only be necessary on the sidepods), and then using a scalpel or craft knife, cut the decals so they're all separate.

(the set on ebay includes blue bits for the sidepods so you don't need to remove the white markings that come as standard, although for a better finish i probably would remove the paint, the blue decal might stand out too much if the shade of blue isn't exact. there are also white decals to cover the wings so no need to remove the NT livery decals).

soak the decal in warm water for about 30 seconds and they should literally just slide off the backing card onto your model (they are known as "waterslide" decals). adjust carefully if necesary and keep the decal wet if you need to do this, so it doesn't dry and fix permanently in the wrong position. then mop the area with some kitchen or toilet paper to soak the excess water from around and through the decal.

it will then be fixed to the model.

i've done many 1:18 Schumacher Ferraris, a couple of 1:43 Williams', 1:43 Trulli R24, 1:18 Alonso R25, and a 1:18 '99 Hill Jordan over the years.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2011 07:22PM by Muks_C.
Date: April 09, 2011 10:12AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Spot the @#$%& difference.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 28, 2011 05:49AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
My dad got me a small scale model of a F2002. I can't tell what race its based on.
Date: April 28, 2011 06:04AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My dad got me a small scale model of a F2002. I
> can't tell what race its based on.

Yes, I got that one as well, it's only $8, so obviously worth it.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 28, 2011 09:26AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My dad got me a small scale model of a F2002. I
> > can't tell what race its based on.
>
> Yes, I got that one as well, it's only $8, so
> obviously worth it.

I did notice the nose is quite thin.
Date: April 29, 2011 02:14PM
So here's about a third of my collection.

Brand new. Spark 2005 Champion R8. 3rd Place at Le Mans

Brand new. Norev 2008 Audi R10. Le Mans winner.

AUTOArt 1970 Porsche 917K. Daytona 24 Winner.

AUTOArt 1998 Mercedes CLK LM. Pretty rare one.

AUTOArt 1998 Persson Mercedes CLM GTR

UT 1995 Mercedes C-Class

AUTOArt 2003 Bentley Speed 8. My first Le Mans race.

AUTOArt 2001 Nissan Skyline.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 24, 2011 01:17PM
Arrived a few moments ago. Very pleased with the condition and quality.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 25, 2011 12:01AM
Posted by: Carlitox
On no offense, but... if I ever find your house your models will became part of my bedroom ;)
No, seriously, they are awesome, I really envy you. Here you can't find anything cheap (I've been complaining about that in every single post I've made in this thread). I always put the same example: Bburago Ferrari F310B 1997, 1/24 scale. My price: U$S50. Internet Prices (average): U$S20. But if I buy it via Amazon or anything, then shipping and taxes increase the price to a similar amount as My price.
Never mind.... enjoy them mate, I love your DTM Mercedes...

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: May 25, 2011 10:33AM
Diecast prices have gotten out of control and I have no idea why. It doesn't seem related to the quality of the cars, or when they were produced.

For example, Spark 1:18s are very expensive. That top car, the white Champion Audi R8 is a Spark 1:18. It tends to sell for about £60 for the #3 car, because it won Le Mans. The one I bought was the 3rd placed car and I got it for £30, half the price. Quality wise it isn't actually that good. The antennas are a bit meh, the wheels do not rotate (seriously), and they are sealed (no engine under the cover). The Maisto Audi R8s are considerably cheaper (about £10-£20 depending on which one you get) and the quality is about the same (except for the wheel rims, which are always bad on Maisto models). There is no real reason why the Spark Audi R8s should be much more expensive than the Maisto Audi R8s.

An even odder one is the Audi R10s. Norev, a relatively unknown French company, do the modern LMPs and did an Audi R10. The Norev Audi R10 is actually higher quality than the Spark Audi R10 in many wins (antennas and decals), meanwhile the Spark is almost double the price. Norev are fantastic for budget stuff which are actually very good quality.

The last car in that list, the Porsche 911 GT1, is a Maisto. It has terrible Maisto wheels, but apart from that it is actually brilliant. Very high quality (especially for a Maisto) compared to other such cars. Meanwhile the Minichamps/UT McLaren F1 Long Tail is about 4 times the price, but the quality is significantly worse.

I'm still looking at converting my 1988 McLaren MP4/4 and 1994 Williams FW16 to tobacco decals though.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 25, 2011 10:50AM
That 1995 DTM Car is a pain because I bought it thinking it was the 1996 one, which I prefer. Stupidly, back then, I didn't realise the 1996 one wasn't in production. So I was a little disappointed. However a few months ago a new company called Exclusiv Cars started producing 1996 DTM Mercedes, and they are cheap compared to modern models too. So I'll pick one up soon. :)

There are 6 models I'm currently after to 'complete' my collection.

1996 Franchitti Mercedes

2010 Franchitti Indy 500 winner. Terrible model, but will complete my Franchitti collection a bit more.

1999 McNish Toyota GT-One. I'll never get this though, far too rare and expensive.

2009 McNish Audi R15.

AutoArt Corvette

AutoArt Caddy CTS-V. Great memories of this at Long Beach, 2006.

Really, my collection is McNish, Franchitti, and cars I love. :)

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 25, 2011 02:39PM
Some more of the collection.

Peter Kox and Roberto Ravaglias McLaren F1 GTR. Unfortunately not the Le Mans spec one, but FIA GT. Actually quite low quality for the price they sell for now. I got it cheap.

The first 1:18 I ever got. 1996 911 GT Evo 1. Unfortunately suffered quite a bit of damage whilst moving house. Also has sunlight damage on the red O in Mobile 1 on the nose.

My Mercedes CLK collection. GTR AutoArt, GTR Maisto, LM Maisto, LM AutoArt. The one nearest is the Le Mans spec one, the rest are FIA GT. Clear differences in quality between the Maisto and AutoArt models.

The McNish collection as it stands at the moment. 98, 00, 05, 08. I'll add an R15 to it soon(ish), and hopefully a R18 when Norev get around to it. I'd love to add his Toyota GT-One to it, but getting that is going to be impossible.

The Maisto R8 compared to the Spark R8.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 25, 2011 03:29PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Well, my collection consists mainly of Bburagos, the italian company which is actually quite popular. Many of them have some problems, sometimes it's modelling, sometimes it's liveries...
Anyway, I'll put my collection here as soon as I get a decent camera (my cellphone is not good at all when you are in a room)

And about the Audi R8, I've had a similar problem. Many years ago I found (by chance) a company which produced very nice and cheap models of the newly-formed DTM. The three cars (Audi TT, Mercedes CLK and Opel Astra) were there in their different liveries. And very cheap ($U200, the equivalent to U$S10). I really wanted Christian Abt's Hasseroder Audi TT, but in the end what I could get was Manuel Reuter's Opel Astra. Still very good. Until I found out that wheels didn't turn, nothing under the bodywork (not even seats, the windows were black) and it was entirely plastic-made, not diecast. Ah well, with patience and a part-time job maybe I'll get some new ones...;)

EDIT: While looking up some things for myself, I came across to these Cadillacs you wanted. Take a look and see if it helps you.
Cadillac CTS-V SCCA #16
Cadillac CTS-V SCCA #8

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2011 03:39PM by Carlitox.
Date: May 25, 2011 04:37PM
Replacement Croc arrived a few moments ago.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 25, 2011 04:39PM
Posted by: Nickv
Is it from the same seller?
Date: May 25, 2011 04:44PM
Nah, different guy. The guy who sold me the replacement has quite a lot of unboxed models up on eBay at the moment. Perhaps the wife put her foot down. :P But they are mostly cheap Maisto CLKs and what not.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 14, 2011 02:15PM
Posted by: torana_05
hey guys im looking for some 1:18 models of the 1994 f1 season with full siggarette liveries. ive currently got the both ferraris with marlboro ayrton senna with full rothmans and schumacher (in the car) with mild seven livery and now im lookin for some other cars. i have found on ebay some saubers and mclarens that pop up quite regulary but i want to get some of the other teams first so myabe you guys are willing to sell or know of any places to buy other than ebay or minichamps, would love a lotus or jordan next. just wanting some info thanks

Date: June 14, 2011 08:22PM
Posted by: n00binio
These DTM cars reminded me of something.... :-)
Jörg van Ommen's 1995 DTM/ITC Mercedes (Minichamps 1/43). I won it in some sort of lottery back in 96 or 97, can't remember exactly.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: June 15, 2011 11:38AM
Posted by: hasbriale
My one and only genuine scale model. (H)

Kimi Raikkonen's Ferrari.

Date: June 15, 2011 02:30PM
Decals arrived! :D I'll hopefully be converting them on Friday.

As you can see there is slight damage to the MP4/4, which occured whilst it was in storage. So that'll need another decal set to repair it too.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 18, 2011 03:27PM
New arrival. This one needs a little touching up, but I'll have to decide what race spec it'll become.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy