GPGames Forum Scale Model Section

Posted by LS. 
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: October 28, 2010 06:40PM
Posted by: J i m
Just received one of these

£9 of eBay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2010 06:41PM by J i m.
Date: October 28, 2010 11:45PM
Posted by: andrew_S
Your Jordan looks great Jim, I never used to bother with the engines to be honnest (if i was going to put the cover on) but after painting a few 1/12 DFVs and my Renault V10 they do look fantastic and your Jordan (ford?) is no exception :P. Anymore progress?

Mine with one of my favorite 1/43s for comparison. both 1/43 scale (well loco is 1/43.5!). Getting there... looking more like it should now, but these things are not quick to build and i havent had too much time. got a lot of detailing still to do on the body and most of the chassis, brake gear etc.

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: October 29, 2010 08:48PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Sorry for my delay, I had problems with photobucket. Here are the pics of my F40 1/18

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: October 29, 2010 11:19PM
Posted by: J i m
andrew_S Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your Jordan looks great Jim, I never used to
> bother with the engines to be honnest (if i was
> going to put the cover on)

Progress is a bit slow, busy doing epic overtime at work because even after payday I'm overdrawn, (the joys of living on your own and paying your own bills). Currently I'm working on the monocoque which I have painted green.

Having removed the masking tape I see that I need to do slight touching up before I mask off the green in readiness to apply the black parts. Once I have the paint work to an acceptable standard, I'll probably glue in the cockpit, and then paint the suspension and wheel hubs before adding those.

I haven't decided which race or driver to represent yet either, I have some after market decals which would allow me to pick any one of about 8 race liveries including the race where Pepsi logos replaced 7up, It would be kind of obvious to depict it as Schumacher's car from Spa... I was kind of eering towards Zanardi... but since I'm fully expecting the wheels to go on skewiff it might be more apt to designate it to De Cesaris and simply say he had a prang!

Date: November 17, 2010 09:52PM
looks good, hows progress?

I might have to try and refix the wing on my 1/12 Tyrrell P34 soon, I've got some professional exams coming up though so not much time at the moment... it fell off when i picked it up a few months ago... thats the problem with plastic kits, they are so fidly and effectly have a finite life due to the materials used and the bonding getting weeker over time. I really like the sturdyness of what i am doing at the moment. They are really built like tanks, heavy and have a lot of strength, i dont have to worry about picking them up! I think studio 27 do some cast racing cars but its all in Japanese and i am not sure of the specifics. Also they are very expensive and white metal rather than brass which is a really difficult material to work with (low melting point).

However -have a look at this, stunning

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

never tried to embed.. ive not really used forum features since before this sort of embeding was avalable... so hope it works...

Date: November 18, 2010 05:55PM
Posted by: msater
[www.mrof1engineering.com]

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2010 05:56PM by msater.
Date: November 22, 2010 09:02PM
Did you do those? very impressive. I need to get some miliput myself!

hows the Jordan Jim?

display case in a dishwasher ?
Date: March 14, 2011 10:37PM
Posted by: Bruno
Smoking is permitted in my flat, so the cases of my model car collection are got a brown film after the years.

I don't want to wash all my 150 boxes by hand - has anyone ever put a Minichamps or Quartzo display case in a dishwasher? Can I do it ?
Date: March 15, 2011 12:10AM
Posted by: EC83
I'd imagine so, if they're plastic and easily detachable. You might want to put them on a high temperature setting too - cigarette smoke takes a lot of getting off. They should be able to stand it. Use some suds too(or whatever you usually clean plates etc with) but not a lot, especially if you have so many cases to wash.

Date: March 15, 2011 12:17AM
Posted by: danm
Heck, put the car in with it. You'd get some pretty cute little 1:87 scale then, bahaha.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 15, 2011 03:38PM
Posted by: marcl
I am looking to sell all my F1 1/43 cars but they seem to be worth next to nothing now :(

Not sure what to do.
Date: March 15, 2011 04:23PM
Posted by: fongu
Wait til the season starts and there will probably be a bit more interest - at least that's what I'm waiting for!

What's in your collection marcl?

Date: March 15, 2011 10:00PM
I will take some pics and get them uploaded.

I have loads of stuff from pre 2007 tbh as after that they went from £20 to £30.

I just took some with my phone, I have loads and will take more when I find my camera :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2011 10:16PM by marcl.
Date: March 15, 2011 10:25PM
Am uploading more

[www.facebook.com]

Near enough all there now just some more to do tomorrow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2011 11:06PM by marcl.
Date: March 16, 2011 09:26AM
Posted by: fongu
i just bought a magnussen stewart last week

Date: March 17, 2011 07:19PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
anyone want a 1/43 schumacher no 35 for £35posted? can get pics, pm me.

Date: March 22, 2011 05:06PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
Where did you get that train kit from Andrew_s?
Date: March 26, 2011 08:05PM
Posted by: Muks_C
anyone seen the adverts for the 1:8 scale (60cm long :-o) 2008 McLaren part-works model? it looks flippin awesome, but at £7.99 per issue, and 85 issues, it would cost you £670.15 (issue 1 is only £1.99, issue 2 is £4.99):

[www.model-space.co.uk]

click on the McLaren Detail tab for more pics of it.

a couple of years ago while talking to friends who also love F1, I said they should do something like this, an f1 car in a aprt-works series, and they have, but it seems insanely expensive, even though it looks like a very large, detailed model. it would look awesome complete in a display case, the centrepiece of anyone's collection.

there is an Aston martin DB5 from the 60s Bond movies in a part-works collection like this also, which started recently: [www.007db5.com]

for the McLaren collection, you get 4 issues per month, so £32 per month, and will therefore take approximately 21 months to complete it (around January 2013).

any thoughts on it?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2011 08:47PM by Muks_C.
Date: March 28, 2011 05:07PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
All right, some of you may be of some help to me.

I have the Minichamps 1:18 1994 Senna Williams, in NT livery. Everyone knows the NT livery looks like ass, and Senna never drove it. I've seen a few conversions to Rothmans sponsorship around, with various degrees of quality and success. Does anyone here have any links that'd be useful for me regarding this? Where to get the sticker sets and step by step instructions?

Some of the conversion sets are quite poor. This one with the incorrect blue also has blurry Rothmans racing decals.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 28, 2011 05:25PM
Posted by: msater
Dunno how useful these will be, Dave:

[www.kartdavid.co.uk]
[www.hobbyeasy.com]
[www.bestbalsakits.be]

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy