GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
shep34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The whole "new team entry" scenario has lots of
> questions. I have my team sitting 3rd on the list
> right now, and I am currently a race driver at
> TNR, where I have had 2 full seasons (by the end
> of this season). Ideally, I would love to keep a
> race seat, but if i take up a team ownership,
> "poof" : no more race seat.
> However, I can put myself in the test seat of my
> own team, and keep building my perf rating, then
> if i chose to do so, quit my team in a few seasons
> and return to racing.
>
> The AMR dominance does get tiring, but the AMR
> team have worked to get their perf ratings as
> strong as they are.
No blame or anger over that. A
> new team i might bring in will be bottom of the
> heap, and that's fine. It will take quite a few
> seasons to get my squad moving up the grid. If
> drivers are prepared to drop their standards and
> expectations, perhaps some top drivers might take
> a gamble and do a Damon Hill ala 1996 and go to a
> crappy team!!
> If so, this Australian team boss would be more
> than happy to talk to any top drivers wanting to
> show the GPGSL that it is there talent, and not
> the car they currently pedal, that is the star of
> the show!!

With all due respect thats not true. AMR had one hell of a bump start from what was the Velox perf that won the championship the year before AMR entered. Whilst I don't doubt that AMR have improved their perf since there is no doubting that it was massive headstart taking over a championship winning perf.

Plus I would also advise caution on the front of hoping that front running drivers would as you put it, do a Damon. We have already seen drivers giving up race seats for test positions and when my team entered the series I found it hard to convince drivers to take the race seats I was offering at all.

Sorry if this offends anyone, its not meant to.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2012 01:20AM by CaptinFranko.
As i wrote that AMR bit, i was trying to remember whether they inherited another teams perfs'... was fairly sure they did. Oh well, point proven about how inheriting a top teams ratings under the "old" rules worked.... This is why i think the new team having the base perf rating is a great thing. Just makes things easier and simple.
And yeah, i remember you struggling to recruit drivers. Any new team may have the same problem. Time will tell.... Season 8 will be upon us soon, and if the rumour mill is true, and 1 or more team is going to pull out, some drivers will be out of a job, so they may be keen to jump into any old seat that is available, even if it is a bottom tier team!

As for the guys on the reserve team list, maybe to even be on that list, you need to be either in a race seat, or a test seat. Simple as that.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Even a 30 min race with 1 stop should work. It's a simple fact that Stu mostly runs the races all by himself. Every help there should be self-explanatory and decreasing the distance of races will be a big help, for sure. A clear *thumbs up* for this idea. Also, maybe by decreasing the distance (with the result of less time needed to run the race and less extensive coverages), people like me, who don't have enough time for the full coverages at the moment, might step in more often.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Stoopid Wrote:
> Time contraints mean that the race will not be
> posted tonight. I'm still sifting through
> screenies and writing the report.
>
> The prospect of a second tier was discussed last
> season and it was rejected, so no chance of that.
> Also I personally no longer have a desire to run
> it neither, not unless I got much more help. I'm
> finding it hard to find the motivation to run
> races for the current series to be honest.
>
> I would like to propose a reduction in race
> length. It's not running the race that takes time,
> it's sorting the screenshots and writing the race
> report, so reducing the races to a 40 minute one
> stop race would help reduce the amount of
> screenies.

Wish i could help out more stu, i know all too well how long it takes to sort of a race including posting, its quite a lot of effort. I think the shorting of the race my help, because as you said, its not the running of the race that is the problem (infact its by far the most enjoyable part!), but the sorting of screenshots, uploading, writing a report that takes time. As i said i wish i could help more, but with uni i can barely find time to do the tables, sorry :/. And well a second series, it takes a lot of manpower to run 1 series, we don't have enough time between us for 2 series' yet.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Well i know i ran at least 3 race weekends last season, and would love to do some this season - but with a 6 week old baby, time to do the GPGSL race coverage just aint there!!! Barely get time to scratch myself these days! Hopefully in S8, i will get some more time to help out....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
After I finally got my hands on a nVidia GeForce GPU some months ago, I installed GP4 and the S7 mod for test, but I couldn't get to race in a higher res than 640x480, otherwise I got a CTD. I tried editing f1graphics.cfg as Stu advised me some time ago, when I had an Intel chipset and the same problem, but didn't help. It's extremely strange, and sad because I really wanted to RD a round or two next season if I had managed to solve the issue. :(

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlos, do a search on the gp4 forum I know there's a thread with various f1graphics.cfg files designed for various graphics cards. I got mine from Ruben and thats the one in the mod, its made for Radeon cards and its been fantastic for me!

Next season should be a whole lot easier on the RD, if one lap qualy gets the go ahead. I wouldn't want to shorten the races too much, but 40 mins would be a big help too.

I love doing the races, its the screenies that are a pain ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
I would like to see the races reduced to 30 laps with one stop, then it's likely we'll get more RD's/ Even I'm pushed for time lately.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
there is a good alternative to the screenies, named recording the race and putting it on Youtube. If I'm able to start my PC again (atm it's a problem with my poweradapter), i'll look into the possibilities regarding the record. I'd be happy to help, although i'm doing a-level-exams next year. But i would find the time to record those races, i'm sure.
Another problem is i'm an absolute newbie in case of the mods, so somebody would have to explain me how to install those (not like "open GP4-folder", i'm not THAT new ^^). But otherwise i'd be happy to help.
Greetings
Silverman
xSilvermanx Wrote:
> there is a good alternative to the screenies,
> named recording the race and putting it on
> Youtube

The Canadian GP was on youtube. Race didn't have commentary though.
xSilvermanx Wrote:
> there is a good alternative to the screenies,
> named recording the race and putting it on
> Youtube.

Well, that's not less time consuming than screenies, recording full race will give you huge video file that has to be edited (useless scenes, adding comments) and uploaded. Unless you have powerful pc and internet connection that's not easy imho.

The other other alternative is streaming the race live, I could do it but I don't have enough spare time.
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> xSilvermanx Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > there is a good alternative to the screenies,
> > named recording the race and putting it on
> > Youtube
>
> The Canadian GP was on youtube. Race didn't have
> commentary though.

Didn't Dean do that one? I think it did have commentary; the race Ruben ran didn't.

I'm not able to RD because I don't have GP4 set up for mods and currently don't have the time. I might have time to do some S8 races if I can sort this @#$%& out.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Yeh recording the race is just as much work, unless you want to shove a massive unedited video on youtube commentary-less ;)

The live streaming idea is interesting... something i could potentially manage... just to check, can gp4 be run in windowed mode?

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
truecrysis Wrote:
> The live streaming idea is interesting...
> something i could potentially manage... just to
> check, can gp4 be run in windowed mode?

Yes, its an option in f1graphics.cfg.
Now I've watched the Spanish GP, I will finish the GPGSL Brazilian GP :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2012 05:13PM by Stoopid.
ehm, it is possible to record both, the voice and the pictures, at once. So it would be non-edited, yes, but with sound. So it's like streaming the race, but without the possibility to view it live.
I think, it's possible to let the program stop the record every 14:57 minutes, so someone with a standard-youtube-license is able to upload it. So it's like 20 parts, and totally unpractical for qualifying ^^ . But the race itself can be done this way.
I would happily do such a race, as the only time-consuming aspect is the uploading to youtube with a 6000-connection. But that's the sole problem. Endless talking isn't, although i'm not sure, whether it would be actually something interesting :-p
Greetings
Silverman
I think we should consider an old pointssystem used in F1:

Where teams can select ONLY the 11 best results of the season for the final standings. This could bring the pack closer to each other. For sure if you implement it in the perfs aswell.

What do you guys think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Qualifying went well i feel nice to be in the middle of the pack can hopefully work towards points

+1 on screenies being an absolute terror

"Plus I would also advise caution on the front of hoping that front running drivers would as you put it, do a Damon. We have already seen drivers giving up race seats for test positions and when my team entered the series I found it hard to convince drivers to take the race seats I was offering at all." Captin Franko

Just some ambling thoughts that popped into my head. Since i understand why people would do this and the frustration it causes perhaps having race seats be filled first. A window for teams so we would not have to wait for slow team bosses but then you would not know if you were going to get a good testers offer and so do you gamble a poor test seat over being in the race series? It would have some knock on affect to the transfer system perhaps with the GPGSL having to ok any driver changes plus making the off season a little longer since i imagine that would be the best time for it. As for the idea of people doing a Damon, to keep the series fluid a limit to how long you can be at a team i mean it would likely see top drivers floating between top teams and from a personal perspective i want to stay with Minardi for the long haul if wanted ;) but its a suggestion to force big teams to look around at talent as opposed to locking in the best driver year to year.
Rico Wrote:
> I think we should consider an old pointssystem
> used in F1:
>
>
> Where teams can select ONLY the 11 best results of
> the season for the final standings. This could
> bring the pack closer to each other. For sure if
> you implement it in the perfs aswell.
>
> What do you guys think?

A good idea in theory but when you consider the fact that Ed Greenhalgh has already won five races this season with his perf he could easily win 11. I think it could lead to a larger spread if anything. I think the most simple thing to do is to cap the driver perfs. The long-term effect would be to create a situation like we have in F1 at the moment. Lots of top drivers vying for positions.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy