GPG Nations Cup S2: Finished! S3: Annoucements/Signup pg 52! (4 SPACES LEFT)

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
The times were so close i mean the boost had hardly an effect. I mean the only people off the pace were portugal and england and i did check the perf to double check why they both were a half second off.

Edit: wrote with the wrong account so i kept it with this bit of info in case people were wondering ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2012 03:57PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
GPG_Nations_Cup Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The times were so close i mean the boost had
> hardly an effect. I mean the only people off the
> pace were portugal and england and i did check the
> perf to double check why they both were a half
> second off.
>
> Edit: wrote with the wrong account so i kept it
> with this bit of info in case people were
> wondering ;)

I saw that almost everybody who didn't use any boost points are well ahead of Portugal in the qualify times. And it's not the first time this happen... It's a bit strange, don't you think? Maybe next time don't use any perfs points and hit the Pole Position...

-----------------------------------------------------

Its to do with variance, last season there was none, so you performed exactly as your perf said you would, 17000 meant you raced as 17000, never anything more or less. This season there is 1000 variance, so 17000 means you could race at 16500 or you could race at 17500, its impossible to tell how it will be for each driver every time. Because of variance, drivers who use boost could easily perform worse than a driver who has not boosted at all.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
I don't think I used much boost for quali, so that's alright...I guess.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Welcome all to the race at Hockenheim. It was a a great qualifying yesterday with Kederer coming out on top by under 5 hundreths of a second for Germany's first pole of the campaign and it was right here in there own back yard. Alpenstrom had another strong qualifying and will be looking to add on more points to his championship lead. The weather report is in and the track is already wet with light rain for the early stages. We will see how this affects the race today

Without further ado lets get down to the grid where the drivers are lined up ready for the start

And they are off and its a great jump by Alpenstrom which puts him ahead into the first corner

We can see from Silvestre's car that Kederer went round the outside to hold first from the first corner

Vukcevic actually got off the line pretty sluggishly letting Maverick steam through

Not only that De Boer passes him around the oustide

Johnson is out dragging Silvestre towards the first chicane

Its 2 by 2 as Kamikaze is trying to pass Alpenstrom

Into the chicane and Kamikaze takes the inside line

And Johnson succeeds as well for 4th

Meanwhile De Boer passes Maverick on the inside

And Byrne is up into 8th with that pass all the way down from 17th at the start incredible!

The view from Silva's car shows Tafuro getting the upper hand on Jantsher

Its Silva who tries to capitalise on this and does get a better drive out of the chicane to pass him

Girard is in no mood to let Nikolov through

Maikel De Boer is taking the same kind of attitude as Maverick tries to respond as they enter the stadium section

More aggresive defence as Tafuro is squeezing out Jantsher

Who must have retaken Silva as he is all over the back of the Austrian again

Standings after the first lap

Girard has found himself alongisde and past Vukcevic

As Maverick finally manages to respond to De Boer

Nikolov has made some progress as well also passing Vukcevic at the first chicane

Kamikaze has caught up to Kederer and at the second chicane makes the move up the inside for the lead!

Silvestre passes Johnson just a bit further back of this

With Maverick and De Boer continuing to change places Maverick again applying pressure

Forcing De Boer wide and taking the position

Nikolov has got out of shape after bumping Girard in the braking zone

Girard runs wide but Nikolov keeps it going

Edvardson just has to wait patiently as Antunis looks to make the pass on Vukcevic who keeps going backwards

And strikes the next chance he gets on the struggling man from Montenegro

There are reports that Copeman is out and Byrne is driving with part of his wing missing

Yep Byrne spun off at turn 1 and while sliding back onto circuit collects Copeman

Who cannot continue with that

Silva and Jantsher are still battling away and at turn 1 Janthser has run a little wide

Silva easily takes the place

After passing Vukcevic, Edvardson manages to get by Antunis as well

Antunis falling backwards gets a bump from McGregor as Vukcevic overtakes

The bump allows McGregor to pass him as well thats three places dropped in 4 corners for Antunis

Silva has caught up to Tafuro and makes a move on the Italian to climb another spot

Nikolov has managed to overtake Maverick before even reaching the corner carrying some great speed

Silva still being aggresive dives up the inside of a struggling Antunis

Hunsley is having a quiet race until now when he clips the back of Vilela

Which sees him facing the wrong way

Antunis drops two more positions to Tafuro and Vilela

Silva is continuing his aggresive streak trying to pass McGregor who is trying to give him too tight a line into turn one

McGregor is the one who misjudges it sliding off the circuit but no damage done to the car

Kamikaze is starting to pull away from Kederer

Whereas De Boer is clinging on to the edge of the circuit to keep himself from spinning on the slippery grass as Girard goes past him

Edvardson has the pace out of the corner to shoot by him now as well after his mistake

Brilley is pressed up behind De Boer as Edvardson is looking to pass Girard as well

Its tight neither man wants to give

And they are still side by side at the exit of the chicane

Edvardson just outpaces Girard though down the straight as he comes under pressure from Brilley who takes the spot

Edvardson has somehow ended up behind all three men off camera

Silva claims another scalp and this time its Vukcevic

Nikolov has got onto the back of Johnson who is neither here nor there today it seems

Edvardson makes another pass on De Boer will he stay ahead this time

Under the pressure Johnson found himself under he missed his apex and ends up spinning off at turn 1

There are no Yellows on circuit but there should be since Silva is making a pass on De Boer at turn one

Both men make it round and no accident occurs with Johnson

De Boer gets out of shape further around the circuit and drops a spot to Vukcevic too

Standings with pit stops to come

Time for a break with the middle part of the race to come and pitstops galore.

I will be posting part 2 in the early hours of the morning if i can. I am pretty tired but its playoffs time and i need dinner. I am sorry if parts of the race are not explained so much was happening that for example when Edvardson dropped three places i completely missed it tracking something else. Also sometimes fraps doesnt catch a screenie i think when the PO goes high so apoligies on that front too. One last note are the screenies too small? i noticed last season they were massive so i resized them but i was on a different monitor when i did the race so you will have to let me know.

BTW the race gets much more exciting!
From 21th in the grind for 10th in the race so far... That's very nice for Portugal after the disappointing qualifying times.

-----------------------------------------------------

Poor race so far...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
At least looking good so far for the first points for Switzerland. However, that fight with Maikel cost a lot of time, I'm rather in doubt that any more improvement will be possible. Still a good coverage, though!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
11th? How on earth i am still in the points i have no clue, because so far Vukcevic seems to have the car permanently in reverse...

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Good race until now!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Nikolov is progressing well in raining conditions. If he continues like that and with a good pit-stop he can even finish on podium. However, getting points from this race will be very good, given the weather conditions there are...
Mid Race Press release from the French pit wall....

Bulgaria should be given a black flag, for running into the rear of our man Girard. Nikolov has gained position with that reckless move, and should be penalised.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
shep34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mid Race Press release from the French pit
> wall....
>
> Bulgaria should be given a black flag, for running
> into the rear of our man Girard. Nikolov has
> gained position with that reckless move, and
> should be penalised.....

Bulgarians have a saying: "The thief shouts "Catch the thief"". It was Girard, that most team owners complained from the start of the season. As for this accident - given the weather conditions I think these things happen in motorsport...
So far so good for Japan, but that was also the case at Spa but ended in a tragedy.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
doing well at the moment come on markus :D

Dave is doing well for Team Wales. Come on mate, see it home!

Good race till now, but I hope to get back on p1.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Welcome back to part 2 of the race at Hockenheim

Its time for the first stint of pitstops and Alpenstrom is the first man in

Followed by Vukcevic

Alpenstrom rejoins in 10th and Vukcevic in 16th so we will see how things pan out for them

Nikolov follows Silvestre in on the next lap

And Maverick and Brilley are not far behind

Silvestre comes out right in front of Alpenstrom

Nikolov rejoins ahead of the yet to pit Tafuro

Apenstrom makes a move though at the end of the straight to pass Silvestre

Maverick pits and comes out 11th

Whereas Vukcevic is trying to get past De Boer who has just rejoined the circuit

Brilley rejoins the circuit ahead of Johnson

Tafuro has run wide under pressure from Nikolov but hangs on

Johnson is yet to pit but still decides to make a move on Brilley

Which he succeeds in and that is just going to hurt Brilley more than help Johnson

De Boer makes a pass on Vukcevic by just beating him on the straight

Kamikaze and Kederer pit on the same lap

And so both men retain the top two places without much worry

Girard returns on circuit in 7th ahead of Brilley who did get hurt by the Johnson scrap

Even Edvardson returns to track ahead of him but only just

And Brilley uses the extra speed to at least get back one place lost

With everyone having pitted lets see the standings

Kederer is under a lot of pressure from Alpenstrom and having to defend hard at the final chicane

The failed move though brings Silvestre into the battle but he is too far away

Alpenstrom is still having to defend though past the start finish line

A dry line is starting to appear at the end of the lap so we will have to see how that affects whats happening on track

Silvestre does manage to get better drive out of the first corner to whiz past Alpenstrom

Johnson is the first to succomb to the tracks changing grip levels

Alpenstrom has come back at Silvestre like a rocket though to retake the place instantly

Kederer appears to be struggling as Alpenstrom and Silvestre are right behind him

Alpenstrom makes it through

Silvestre does not make it through though

Byrne is pitting and putting on dry tyres. Is the track dry enough yet

The times are starting to drop as Kamikaze goes fastest

Kederer has muscled his way back ahead of Alpenstrom at the first corner. He must have the dry tyres to Alpenstroms wet because the contrast in pace in each section shows

Since Kederer has lost out to both Alpenstrom and Silvestre on the wet part of the track

The track is still too wet in parts since Kederer slips and slides

And runs off but keeps the car pointing forward

He loses just one place to Nikolov

Girard tries to force his way up the inside and how many times we seen this...

Maverick runs wide and looses bags of time but rejoins 10th so not out of it

A big gap between Kamikaze and Alpenstrom now

Alpenstrom pits probably its time for dry tyres

The storming Nikolov passes Silvestre to move into second

Maverick pits for dry tyres too

Alpenstrom rejoins in 9th place but on better tyres can make some headway

Tafuro dives down the inside of Jantsher

Leaving room for Vukcevic to follow through

Kamikaze pits from first with his massive lead

Nikolov comes in behind

And so does Silvestre

Kederer manages to get ahead of Kamikaze even though the Japanese driver had a big lead

With the others starting to pit Alpenstrom passes Nikolov and Silvestre

Silvestre returns in 8th

Kamikaze wastes no time retaking the lead from Kederer

Even Girard who has not pitted yet makes a pass on Kederer

Edvardson has messed up and there are a queue of drivers looking to pass him

And they all do and Jantsher has no room to try passing Vukcevic as he wants to pass Tafuro

And he does pass Tafuro leaving Jantsher to wish the track was wider

Girard makes his second pitstop of the afternoon which drops him back away from the podiums to 8th

Allowing Kamikaze to start stretching his advantage to Kederer on what is now a very dry track

Thats the end of Part 2 but join us for the third and final part of the Hockenheim GP

Great. It was clear that somebody would spoil my race again and it must be destiny that it's France...again. At least this France driver managed not to bump into me this time, but yet I'm really lacking words for my disappointment.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy