> +3
>
> Wasn't impressed, really. Seemed that Dan was too
> interested in sh*te jokes in comparison to
> actually showing what was happening. Retirements
> (all of them) were missed, and events was skipped
> over (for instance, when I was trying to overtake
> Daniel - then all of a sudden, I'm behind
> Gianluigi with no explanation as to why).
>
> Sorry Dan, but it's the worst coverage I've seen
> this season. :(

+4

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Ive got nothing against humour, or even bad humour, but when you overdo it, it really looses its edge. Still, it was an okay coverage and race. Not too bad result, given the fact that I started from the back
TafuroGP Announcement

"Today we have the honour to announce that we signed a new side midfielder #1 test driver for Serie A 11/12 S7.He will be...Lucimar Ferreira Da Silva aka Lùcio Ricardo Van Smirren!!VSM and TGP might be enemy,but we signed Ricardo anyway ;)"

Ricardo Van Smirren between Paolo Tafuro(on the left) and Gianluigi Silvestre(on the right)

My GPGSL Career

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2011 02:16PM by senna9194.
Ricardo van Smirren happy to join TGP

I am thrilled to join this beautiful organisation that i hate so much, i hope i can drive a lot of stunning time before crashing the cars next season.
Thanks for this oppurtunitie Paolo !

I am being extorted by this mobster
No really i am happy with this deal and im trhilled to have my own shirt...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2011 08:28PM by Rico.
Well, Rico Van Smirren will run on TGP in both championships!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
A suggestion on a penalty for Team Owners. Constructor point deduction. I am sure people would not want to loose the constructors title over an inactivity and does that not affect them for next season as well giving the drivers the chance to find race seats for the new season if the team owner has in affect weakened his own team?

As for the coverage. It was refreshing to see a different attempt at doing the coverage. I have no problem with people mixing it up as long as it is not overdone. Cannot really comment on how much i liked it cos i had a shite race
I totally agree to Ben's suggestion. Constructor points reduction doesn't affect active drivers very much, or even at all?! Yet it penalizes the team owner in a not too drastic, but yet annoying way. I like the idea.

Again concerning the coverage, I have to say that it's not Dan's fault only. As far as I have understood it, Mal ran the race and made the pics and Dan edited them afterwards. I already said that I preferred having unedited pics instead of waiting on edited ones so long, but it was definitely refreshing to have something else one time now. However, whoever missed all the retirements made a bad job. Consequently I agree that this wasn't the best coverage this season, but I don't think that it's totally Dan's fault but an accumulation of unhappy events.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
oensan Owen Edwards
Manic. Shame the boys couldn't score a result today, but still, I'm over the moon to be leaving France having experienced my first success.
7 hours ago

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
It is likely we will move towards introducing a constructor point penalty for inactive team owners, with a sliding scale on first and second and team forfeit on third infraction in a season. The amount of points deducted is yet to be decided on, and we'll notify you all with an official announcement once we have finalised a rule amendment.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is likely we will move towards introducing a
> constructor point penalty for inactive team
> owners, with a sliding scale on first and second
> and team forfeit on third infraction in a season.
> The amount of points deducted is yet to be decided
> on, and we'll notify you all with an official
> announcement once we have finalised a rule
> amendment.

Sounds fair

Sorry guys, lost my internet before my holiday so wasn't able to notify officials of my absence.

Will take a look at the events of the last week and get back onto my duties as TSS Team Owner which I'm sure people are aware I take very seriously.

Very good result for us with Marko up in second, unfortunately once again Ed beat us to the top step though. Solid top ten for Ruben and fastest lap shows our potential.

The race report criticism is fine. It wont be everyone's cup of tea.

I was given a folder full of screenshots. That was all.

I had to make out of that a full feature race. I have no idea who's helmets are what off by heart. I don't know drivers in and out. Yes, there were a few hiccups of incorrect drivers, and some stupid racing incidents. Every unmarked screenshot I had to refer to the driver list, numbers, starting grid. Every shot, to see who or what was what. To say it was time consuming first time round is an understatement.

I overdid the screen editing and invented things in the race because not much happened during it. Otherwise you would have got 20 images of 'such and such overtakes so and so for xxx position' twenty times over. That, to me, is forgettable.

I wanted it to be different. It was a one off race. Just one race that did it out of the norm.

So sure, not everyones thing. I expected a lot of people not to 'get it'. I put 'jokes' in there that would amuse specific people. They got theirs. For those that don't appreciate that, I tried to cater in other ways. But you know what? Who cares. To those who enjoyed it, I am thankful. I tried hard to get as many drivers names and screens in as possible. MAC Racing did NOTHING all race. As with the Snake cars. Totally forgettable. But you know what? I tried to include as many as I could see in the screenshot folder, just because it is nice seeing your name, your team in the race. And what do I get in return?

All I can say is shame on those who took cheap shots to be overly critical.

That's a good chunk of my own free time that I won't bother wasting again. Not to the vast ungrateful majority.

Shame on you.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
danm Wrote:
> The race report criticism is fine. It wont be
> everyone's cup of tea.
>
> I was given a folder full of screenshots. That was
> all.
>
> I had to make out of that a full feature race. I
> have no idea who's helmets are what off by heart.
> I don't know drivers in and out. Yes, there were a
> few hiccups of incorrect drivers, and some stupid
> racing incidents. Every unmarked screenshot I had
> to refer to the driver list, numbers, starting
> grid. Every shot, to see who or what was what. To
> say it was time consuming first time round is an
> understatement.
>
> I overdid the screen editing and invented things
> in the race because not much happened during it.
> Otherwise you would have got 20 images of 'such
> and such overtakes so and so for xxx position'
> twenty times over. That, to me, is forgettable.
>
> I wanted it to be different. It was a one off
> race. Just one race that did it out of the norm.
>
> So sure, not everyones thing. I expected a lot of
> people not to 'get it'. I put 'jokes' in there
> that would amuse specific people. They got theirs.
> For those that don't appreciate that, I tried to
> cater in other ways. But you know what? Who cares.
> To those who enjoyed it, I am thankful. I tried
> hard to get as many drivers names and screens in
> as possible. MAC Racing did NOTHING all race. As
> with the Snake cars. Totally forgettable. But you
> know what? I tried to include as many as I could
> see in the screenshot folder, just because it is
> nice seeing your name, your team in the race. And
> what do I get in return?
>
> All I can say is shame on those who took cheap
> shots to be overly critical.
>
> That's a good chunk of my own free time that I
> won't bother wasting again.
Not to the vast
> ungrateful majority.
>
> Shame on you.

I think that this is the point worth noting. Whatever coverage you choose to provide you do so using your own time. Personally it wasn't to my taste but you can never please everyone anyway. I am just thankful that you volunteered to do it and without people to run the races there isn't a series.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

I actually liked the coverage, this was one of the times I took the time to read ALL the lines written in the report! And I had some good LOL's in between!

There was just 1 small thing bothering me, to see the picture first and the text below - I think it reads better with text first, screenshot after :) but thats just a small nitpick and personal preference

Thank you Dan for uploading the race and providing the coverage :)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
danm Schreef:
> The race report criticism is fine. It wont be
> everyone's cup of tea.
>
> I was given a folder full of screenshots. That was
> all.
>
> I had to make out of that a full feature race. I
> have no idea who's helmets are what off by heart.
> I don't know drivers in and out. Yes, there were a
> few hiccups of incorrect drivers, and some stupid
> racing incidents. Every unmarked screenshot I had
> to refer to the driver list, numbers, starting
> grid. Every shot, to see who or what was what. To
> say it was time consuming first time round is an
> understatement.
>
> I overdid the screen editing and invented things
> in the race because not much happened during it.
> Otherwise you would have got 20 images of 'such
> and such overtakes so and so for xxx position'
> twenty times over. That, to me, is forgettable.
>
> I wanted it to be different. It was a one off
> race. Just one race that did it out of the norm.
>
> So sure, not everyones thing. I expected a lot of
> people not to 'get it'. I put 'jokes' in there
> that would amuse specific people. They got theirs.
> For those that don't appreciate that, I tried to
> cater in other ways. But you know what? Who cares.
> To those who enjoyed it, I am thankful. I tried
> hard to get as many drivers names and screens in
> as possible. MAC Racing did NOTHING all race. As
> with the Snake cars. Totally forgettable. But you
> know what? I tried to include as many as I could
> see in the screenshot folder, just because it is
> nice seeing your name, your team in the race. And
> what do I get in return?
>
> All I can say is shame on those who took cheap
> shots to be overly critical.
>
> That's a good chunk of my own free time that I
> won't bother wasting again. Not to the vast
> ungrateful majority.
>
> Shame on you.

I Repsololol'd about it ;) Make no mistakes, i think EVERYONE appreciates the time you put into it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Have a tear mate.

I didn't say I didn't appreciate it, I said I didn't think it was funny.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Of course we all appreciate the time it takes. I also know how tricky it is to try and produce a race report which you did not take the screenies for.

I dunno how true this statement is but i imagine the frustration of waiting ment seeing a comedic race felt like it was not being taken seriously and gave any criticism extra venom

It is great to see something bold be attempted. It pushes people to be a bit more imaginative in there commentary and thats a great thing for the series. I imagine if you looked at all the race feedback this season as well, your coverage will have garnered higher postive remarks which shows you were doing something very right.

Personally i loved all the text you put in. The screenies not so much but i am a purist you could say
I too appreciate the time you put in and how difficult it is to take a load of screenshots and make sense out of them. Sorry if you feel i was overly critical, it just wasn't my cup of tea, whilst at the same time i appreciate certain people did find stuff funny (in all honesty, i did like the adboards ;)). I have no particular issue with the time it took, as i can relate to being short of time and RD at the same time, and can also see the point about trying to include everyone in, its not always easy. Infact dan, the one thing i did appreciate a lot was the time put it to make the coverage as it was.

It wouldnt bother me to see a coverage like that again. Whilst i may have not found it 100% to my taste, some people did, so i would be quite happy to see it on here, nothing is aimed at just me ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2011 06:03PM by truecrysis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy