GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
A decent end to the season for me. I think I may have snuck past Charrel in the Drivers Championship too

Crap result.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
it's a pity that we weren't able to beat SCR for 6th place.Missing that for 6 points is quite bad,especially knowing that Gigi,(Philip) and Jake have done their best during the season.Next season we'll have a great driver racing together with Gianluigi.

btw in few days there will be an official announcement from TafuroGP about lineup and other things.

now...

...I must prepare an image for celebrating the win of the test version of GPGCL ;)

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 03:16PM by senna9194.
Well, that certainly wasn't a disaster, by no means!

We scored points and a podium. (A double podium, almost, in effect).

Glens bad qualy was merely from being held up. $hit happens.

If anything TNR learnt a LOT...

- We have ridiculously robust engines
- Norbert and Glen have some serious fightback pace
- This race is ANOTHER where a silly driver error has cost us dearly. I can think of several this season where we have literally thrown the win away.

and last but not least...

We have an extremely strong driver lineup.

Owen Edwards, what a SUPERB debut, my hat goes off to you sonny jim! :D

And thank you do Dan Paddock for letting him take that drive.

It looks like I need to tweak Owen's contract and underline that release clause that allows him to drive for another main role, if duty calls.

You heard it here folks, Edwards has a release clause; albeit, if a main seat emerges at TNR, we get priority callback. Mwahaha.

Excellent season for us. I think we have definitely now broken out of the end of the field, well into the top midfield, biting the heels at being near one of the top couple of teams in the league.

Next season is going to be very exciting. With less mistakes, I think anything other than a top 3 finish in the WCC standings will be a disappointment.

The job is down to you Glen and Norbert. Or, should I say, Hithero Mothertron. :P

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 04:51PM by danm.
Carlitox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I took the freedom to make a suggestion. It is
> based on the current shape so it only needs a
> little tweaking.
>
> I think it'll look better and it'll be easier than
> making another one from scratch. It's just an
> idea, if anyone's interested in having a go, have
> it. I've zero experience in shape making ;)
>
> Ps.: Ah, I didn't meant remove all the side thing
> from the front wing, just the flaps.

Funny you mention these changes! At the start of S6 I modified and released my car launch under a tweaked version of MDB Snakes original car. As you say, removing the winglets, and just raising the nose/making it wider on plan like Red Bull's.

I never got back to Maikel, I was too busy, but on the basis of what people think, I believe the shape we have now is an easy base to change only small areas, with the only hard part being to remap the thinner nose correctly; and possibly the width of the rear wing endplates.

Tell you what would be fun - to have two/three versions of the same car. High nose/Low Nose/Original.

:D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 05:14PM by danm.
Another bad race for Alpha, this really can't happen if we want to end up somewhere high in the constructors championship...

As I've already said before the start of the season, I quite like Dan's approach. I would love to see it correctly remapped and used next season.

Generally, however, I would appreciate the use of several different shapes again. Maybe 3-4. It would give the grid a more F1-type look again.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
+1 for several different shapes, makes the grid look more interesting imo

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
I absolutely forgot about that Dan! It matches almost all my suggestions. My idea was more a Ferrari-style nosecone than a RBR-style. And to make the rear wing similar to those used in the early 2000s, but with two planes, not three. But I liked the idea of having different versions of the car. It can be like old CART, where you could choose your chassis.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
I think you can also create 'clever painting' to make the car look more slender than it does, should we not have enough votes/manpower/skill to modify the shape too much.

Snake Motorsports is a good livery example of this.

JohnMaverick Schreef:
> As I've already said before the start of the
> season, I quite like Dan's approach. I would love
> to see it correctly remapped and used next
> season.
>
> Generally, however, I would appreciate the use of
> several different shapes again. Maybe 3-4. It
> would give the grid a more F1-type look again.

I fully disagree regarding the idea to have several car shapes and that they should be based on a F1-car shape. At the moment the GPGSL has a strong identity with a single unique car shape, which is maybe the most beautiful car shape for GP4. I don't understand the constant urge to be F1-like. I like the proposal of Dan, it's fresh with some variation but stays true to the concept to have a single unique car shape that breaths GPGSL.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I like Dan's suggestions also. I think that TNR looks awesome on that shape! It looks faster as well. I think we need to stick to one shape as well.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Dan's suggestion is cool. It need only one more change: put the mirrors on the cockpit side. ;-)
nice with some new shapes! could i suggest the 92 williams or the 91 McLaren? or wait, newer shapes offcourse =P

*pot mode off*

anyway, major thanks to everyone who has contributed in anyway to keep the season going! Its extremly fun to follow and to participate in! =)
The rules state that there is provision for 2 car shapes. At the moment its the W300 and the ZG01. Maybe we can modify ZG01 as Dan has mentioned and also keep the original ZG01, it would make compiling the mod much easier.

I agree with Ruben, we have a easily identifiable car for the GPGSL. It also works well with GP4, we are not a F1 clone.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 08:32PM by Stoopid.
Stoopid Wrote:
> The rules state that there is provision for 2 car
> shapes. At the moment its the W300 and the ZG01.
> Maybe we can modify ZG01 as Dan has mentioned and
> also keep the original ZG01, it would make
> compiling the mod much easier.

+1. Plus it may go some way to placating the people who feel the need to look more like an F1-style grid.

CaptinFranko Wrote:
> +1. Plus it may go some way to placating the
> people who feel the need to look more like an
> F1-style grid.

I also don't like the current crop of F1 carshapes :(

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Wrote:
> CaptinFranko Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > +1. Plus it may go some way to placating the
> > people who feel the need to look more like an
> > F1-style grid.
>
>
> I also don't like the current crop of F1 carshapes
> :(

Well there is that lol

Well chuffed with 9th after our first season. Onwards and upwards hopefully for next year. On the subject of next year I am still in the hunt for a test drive, i am not keen on testing for my own team so I am open to offers. That also means that there is still a test seat available at CHRISTEL VXR which I hope to fill soon. Any interested parties should pm me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy