GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
Well great job by the guys to get Christel where we finished! I think we didnt really expect much from the first season, and so to come 9th and have some really great races is always a benefit.
As for me, well last of the testers is a bit rubbish. Well perhaps more that a bit, probably quite a lot, but im hoping i can pull off a better season next season with Christel again.
Roll on the simulator work!

As for car-shape, i think the same carshape, but with possible different varients with tweaks of it is a good idea, the carshape just fits so smoothly with the GPGSL that you might as well keep it ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
I actually didn't say that I want the shapes necessarily to look like F1 cars. What i meant, and actually said, was that I like the variation of the F1 field. And it's the same for the GPGSL. S4, with at least two car-shapes showed some good variety. It was not always the same car you saw in coverages.
And, an even more important factor in my eyes is the increasing option for roleplay. Now it is only. "I drove good vs. I drove bad" or "the setup was good vs. the setup was crap". Think back on the two carshapes in S4. The W300 - though not my favorite carshape - looked more arrow-like. Faster on the straights but with problems at the aerodynamics. The ZG01 with its additional wings looks rather aerodynamic but consequently loses some pace at the straights.
There are enough situations in coverages where you could use this to roleplay reasons - with this knowledge - why something turned out the way it turned out.

So, these are basically the reasons why I want more car-shapes. And to clarify this once again, THEY DO NOT HAVE TO LOOK F1-like themselves!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Could you repeat your last sentence John? Because it's not clear enough for me!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Pretty pleased with my first race season, best finish was my first race too :p

Turbo Lover schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could you repeat your last sentence John? Because
> it's not clear enough for me!

Sure, it's my pleasure ;) Let's try it this way. I would appreciate a set of differently looking cars, but they do not have to look like actual F1 cars. For example, I would appreciate a mixed field of maybe the old ZG01, a changed version of the ZG01 like Dan showed us already, the W300 (or another shape, as nobody seems to like the W300 shape anymore) and maybe Paolo's new shape.

Is that better now?

Season 7 Calendar Vote.

Although the vote has not yet opened, it is time to start thinking about which Circuits you would like the GPGSL to visit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 10:13PM by GPGSL.
GPGSL Wrote:
> Season 7 Calendar Vote.
>
> Although the vote has not yet opened, it is time
> to start thinking about which Circuits you would
> like the GPGSL to visit.

There has to be a version of Abu dhabi we can use for s7

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

GPGSL's Maikel de Boer SPOTTED testing at Silverstone!

Today Maikel de boer, test driver for SCR and team owner of Snake Motorsports at the circuit of Silverstone in England. Being CEO of the Snake Motorsports corporation gives him certain advantages, like being the first to test new parts, and cars.
He brought the Snake Motorsports Development team to the circuit before unloading the truck, and guess what?! It rolled out with the SMD-ZG02.

Just watch these photos that were shot during the shakedown test!

Signed,
Snake Motorsports Development

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
ooohhhhh now that I like....

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Not that it matters, but I'm not keen on the shape. I prefer wider, lower cars with low noses. I guess it'd be like GP1 stuff!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
I'm impressed. The ZG02 instead of of the W300, together with the ZG01, Dan's alternative ZG01 and Paolo's shape. That would be a perfect grid...of course only in my eyes.

I would like to see Gildoorf's Adelaide make the show, because it's not quite as tight as Monaco, but there looks like there could be a lot of crashes/overtakes too, thus an exciting race.

Gildoorf again, with Uqbar track. Looks pretty!

Kyalami - Sweepy swoopy.

Pasargada Autodrome - a dark little unheard of track.

AMS Renault Test Track - Very Quick track, could be a powerhorse race, which is also entertaining with slipstreaming chances.

Mexico - Because!

Dijon - Loved this track for the surprise aspect when you are slung through the turns and drops. It's like a rollercoaster.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 11:32PM by danm.
MDBSnake Wrote:
> GPGSL's Maikel de Boer SPOTTED testing at
> Silverstone!
>
> Today Maikel de boer, test driver for SCR and team
> owner of Snake Motorsports at the circuit of
> Silverstone in England. Being CEO of the Snake
> Motorsports corporation gives him certain
> advantages, like being the first to test new
> parts, and cars.
> He brought the Snake Motorsports Development team
> to the circuit before unloading the truck, and
> guess what?! It rolled out with the SMD-ZG02.
>
> Just watch these photos that were shot during the
> shakedown test!
>
> [img593.imageshack.us]
> ng
>
> [img685.imageshack.us]
> ng
>
> [img511.imageshack.us]
> ng
>
> [img684.imageshack.us]
> ng
>
> [img14.imageshack.us]
>
> [img199.imageshack.us]
> ng
>
> [img4.imageshack.us]
>
> Signed,
> Snake Motorsports Development

FANTASTIC!!! IT'S PERFECT!!

BTW, can I use the same template???

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
And, please, Brno on S7!!!

Rod_vs Schreef:
> MDBSnake Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > GPGSL's Maikel de Boer SPOTTED testing at
> > Silverstone!
> >
> > Today Maikel de boer, test driver for SCR and
> team
> > owner of Snake Motorsports at the circuit of
> > Silverstone in England. Being CEO of the Snake
> > Motorsports corporation gives him certain
> > advantages, like being the first to test new
> > parts, and cars.
> > He brought the Snake Motorsports Development
> team
> > to the circuit before unloading the truck, and
> > guess what?! It rolled out with the SMD-ZG02.
> >
> > Just watch these photos that were shot during
> the
> > shakedown test!
> >
> >
> [img593.imageshack.us]
>
> > ng
> >
> >
> [img685.imageshack.us]
>
> > ng
> >
> >
> [img511.imageshack.us]
>
> > ng
> >
> >
> [img684.imageshack.us]
>
> > ng
> >
> >
> [img14.imageshack.us]
> >
> >
> [img199.imageshack.us]
>
> > ng
> >
> >
> [img4.imageshack.us]
> >
> > Signed,
> > Snake Motorsports Development
>
>
> FANTASTIC!!! IT'S PERFECT!!
>
> BTW, can I use the same template???

No, not all parts will match up, some do though - but I already got the new template ready :) A release of all will be after all final checks - maybe this week even!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
I liked your car Maikel, but don't you think it's too much F1-style, which was what Ruben was saying?

And for S7, 2010 spec Silverstone, Singapore, Yeongam and (my impossible dream) Singen!

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Maikel, nice subtle changes with the raised nose. This would be good to replace the stanard SMG-ZG01 shape I think.

However, I had a quick play in zmodeler to see the differences in going for a thinner look (personally I like low, rounded and tapered tips like early 1990s F1, jordan 194 etc; or high, wide and thin like F1 now).

The only thing that I would still like to see revised is the triangular sidepods. For me, they are too sharp, and I'd love to be able to remove the sharp point at the top of the radiator intake.

I need to learn zmodeler better though, as I dont think this is an easy edit, unless the sidepod intake was already separated.

All feedback is good feedback remember! Makes it better for all of us :)

I think the high nose on my edit would look better going slightly more higher on the top half, as though the curve and drop down is more subtle.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2011 01:11AM by danm.
I know this is totally out of context, but as you say Dan, all feedback is good feedback.

So, as you've already removed the little panels at the front wing, it would be good to also remove the corresponding shadows in the template psd ;-)

To give some useful feedback, too, however, I quite like both edited versions of the ZG01 and the ZG02 of course. And it's good to see that all these versions are different enough to be potentially used.

Top ten in the championship. (Y)
6th in the Constructor's, the 3 no scores mid season destroyed our season.

I think it would be a good idea to retire the w300 shape, no-one seems to be using it now anyway.
The ZG02 looks good, looks a bit like the 2002 Arrows, might be because of the high nose and orange.
MDBSnake Escreveu:
> No, not all parts will match up, some do though -
> but I already got the new template ready :) A
> release of all will be after all final checks -
> maybe this week even!

OK, we're waiting!!! =D Congratulations!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy