> >
> > ScalaGP S7 Lineup
> > #14 Gianluigi Silvestre
> > #15 Zsigmond Somogyi
> > #36 Ricardo Van Smirren
> > #37 Jake Legge
>
> Let me guess, you went into witness protection
> after you testified in your mafia friends' trial?
> And so you had to change your name?

might be:-)

My GPGSL Career
Season 7 thread is up and locked for now, check your team listing please and pm me any update.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Good. Wasn't sure if BMW could handle DTM and GPGSL at the same time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Official Release SMD-ZG02 carshape by Snake Motorsports

Today the car is officially released, the mass production has found place and there are enough cars for everyone to get 2! Have fun and notify me off anything that doesn't seem right :)

Download link Mediafire:
[www.mediafire.com]

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
John Maverick interview

Reporter: "Hello Mr. Maverick. Thanks for visiting us here at Lake Geneva. First of all, the season is over. What are your feelings, were your expectations fulfilled?"
JM: "Hello, it's a pleasure to be here. Well, I have to say that this season somehow seemed to last way shorter than last season, although it was the same amount of races. But nevertheless I'm glad for a little break now. This won't last very long, however, and then I want to get back in the cockpit to race. From an objective point of view my expectations were definitely topped. Being 4th in the final WDC standings is a huge thing and before the start of the season and would have burst into laughter, had someone told me. But due to the events in Silverstone I'm also rather sad that I lost this 3rd position. Anyway, I'll use the season break to get even better and attack again next season."

Reporter: "ART has also done an incredibly good job this season. Do you think they can keep up with that?"
JM: "Yes, I agree. The guys have worked brilliantly this season to give Rod and me a car that was good enough for one win and lots of podiums. And hadn't it been to individual mistakes, we could have won much more races. I quite liked it here, the atmosphere in the team is very good and persons are reliable. I can only recommend this team!"

Reporter: "You liked? And you recommend? Is there something you want to tell us?"
JM: "I did not extend my contract with ART for the upcoming season. It was clear from the beginning, that I would leave the team when I got the chance to become team manager of KF-Racing. But when our factories burned down, everything changed. I could have stayed with ART, of course, and I guess Stefan would have extended my papers after this season's achievement. But I decided to take another chance. Nevertheless I'll miss ART for sure and don't exclude that I'll try to go back there one day. Apart from that, I with all the best to Stefan, Rod and especially Carlos, of whom I think that we'll see him in one of the race cars rather sooner than later. He has great potential."

Reporter: "So, if you're not going to bring KF-Racing in and won't race for ART...whom you're racing for then? Or will you even quit?"
JM:: No, you won't get rid of me that soon. I have signed a one season contract with MPR already a while ago. As the team did miss to announce this deal up to now, they will have to live with me talking about it now that the season is over. And I hope I'll make good for it when I'm sitting in the car for the first time. The reasons for my team change are simply that I needed a new challenge. At ART I was team leader...in my first season! And nevertheless could I beat Rod, who already had a full season as a racer. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a very good racer and he's shown that often enough last season. But at MPR I'm new. I will have to fight for my reputation in the team...and that makes me better! And additionally, MPR is one of the 4 teams I always wanted to drive for when I entered GPGSL. Together with AMR and VSM that makes 3 of 4. So, let's enjoy it and then move on when the time comes. But for now, I want to collect as many wins as possible with MPR next season!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
How about changing from Bridgestone to Pirelli tyres for Season 7?

X (@ed24f1)
Yeah, Bridgestone are so boring. Pirelli have always been my favourite tyre company.

As long as Dunlop stays ;)

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
I like the idea, but just yellow tyres, not stupid colour changes for different compounds ;-)

@John: Thanks for everything mate, I don't think I'll have such an amazing engineer as you were in the near future. And, well, news from me and ART should be heard over here soon.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlitox Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the idea, but just yellow tyres, not stupid
> colour changes for different compounds ;-)
>
> @John: Thanks for everything mate, I don't think
> I'll have such an amazing engineer as you were in
> the near future. And, well, news from me and ART
> should be heard over here soon.

You mean that you'll be racing for us in season 7? ;)

Alpha Announcement

There will be a lineup change for season 7. Carlos Rodriguez will be John's replacement. Team owner Stefan van Renselaar: "Carlos had gained some valuable experience last season as a test driver and we are confident that he'll be a good race driver as a result of that."

It is reported that Alpha Racing Team is still looking for a test driver..

SchueyFan Wrote:
> How about changing from Bridgestone to Pirelli
> tyres for Season 7?

Michelin!! Michelin!!

BTW, if tyre companie changes, please, tell me!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!

Extreme 'Platypus Nose' sketches spotted

A high flying design executive is under extreme scrutiny by TNR design management for leaking what appears to be a REJECTED prototype of the TN007 Chassis. That, and his previously unknown love for 'Elephants and Trains Magazine'.

Sporting what can only be described as a 'wide, flat platypus beak', the sketches have been visibly dismissed, likely by the GPGSL Governing Body only yesterday. Remarkably, the design seems to be approved and compliant with ISO 2011-CN Chuck Norris.

The news comes just as Snake Motorsports have released the impressibly elegant new SMD ZG-02 Chassis for testing.

It is not known why True North are pursuing such a design innovation with the strict GPGSL Rules, but it is widely believed that one such earlier contribution by the TNR Team could find it's way into the Season 7 Regulations.

The question on everybody's lips though is whether it will indeed be one of the previous designs - or interestingly - if this radical nose is part of another boundary push.

End of Statement
Dr Nose: Sniffing out the best Stories. And dirty nappies. Exclusively. For you. 24/7. Except Bank Holidays/International Talk Like a Pirate Day/Mothers Day in Israel.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 06:16PM by danm.
SchueyFan Schreef:
> How about changing from Bridgestone to Pirelli
> tyres for Season 7?

Nah, if we change from tyre company I rather like Michelin as option.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
racingstefan Wrote:
> You mean that you'll be racing for us in season 7?
> ;)

Of course!

Carlos Rodríguez statement after the annoucement:

First of all I want to thank John for all the outstanding work he did for the team, he and Rodrigo were vital pieces on ART 4th place finish in the WCC. I will do my best to continue contributing to Alpha's reputation among the GPGSL teams, also, working with Rodrigo, a person with which I have an excellent relation, will be helpful and motivating for me. Finally, a big thank you for my boss Stefan, who gave me my first chance here as a test and now as a race driver. I'm really looking forward to starting now.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
I'd like to vote for Pirelli or Goodyear - purely as the logos will look cooler on the cars. Infact, I wonder how good the old school 90's wheels would look?

Pirelli is my numero uno though.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Glad to see I'm being retained, and I want to continue to learn my trade in the car.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Currently the Dunlop tyres have a yellow logo, so whichever tyre we choose to replace Bridgestone I would much prefer its logo to be a different colour to yellow.

There's a tweak to the perf rules that I have been thinking about. As you all know drivers develop their qualifying perf values seperately to their race perf, I would like to put forward that we do the same thing with the team power levels too. This would be a easy to do with the perf calculator. As things stand, qualifying and race bhp are always 20 bhp apart, with this proposal we could see teams that are great at qualifying but not so great in the race and vice versa, this could produce some exciting racing :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Schreef:
> Currently the Dunlop tyres have a yellow logo, so
> whichever tyre we choose to replace Bridgestone I
> would much prefer its logo to be a different
> colour to yellow.
>
> There's a tweak to the perf rules that I have been
> thinking about. As you all know drivers develop
> their qualifying perf values seperately to their
> race perf, I would like to put forward that we do
> the same thing with the team power levels too.
> This would be a easy to do with the perf
> calculator. As things stand, qualifying and race
> bhp are always 20 bhp apart, with this proposal we
> could see teams that are great at qualifying but
> not so great in the race and vice versa, this
> could produce some exciting racing :)

Sounds like a good idea! I would also still like to see something be done about difference in tyres - Now we can choose between 2, place sponsors on the car, but is there a difference in performance? I haven't thought about an way to achieve that but I will most certainly try and do that ;)

I don't mind Michelin if Pirelli don't get voted in.

How about, for tyre performance differentiators, a certain number of circuits on the calendar, say four or five, are randomly assigned to be stronger circuits for each particular tyre manufacturer, therefore adding a small performance boost for the teams that are using them? Therefore, it'd still be fair, but could be overly complicated for the perf guys to have to deal with calculating it. Don't want to make their jobs any harder!

Has anyone had any trouble downloading the new template the ZMDG02? I downloaded it and it completely locked my computer up. It wouldn't unzip properly either.

On another note completely. I am still looking for a season 7 test seat (I don't want to test for my own team unless I really have to) so if anyone is willing to take me on I am available.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 10:48PM by CaptinFranko.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy