GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
Gilson hoping for points finish at home

Current VanSmirren Motorsports test driver Joseph Gilson is targeting a strong finish to Season 6 of the GPGSL. Gilson, presently on loan to VSM from Tafuro GP, is currently 12th in the GPGSL World Testers Championship but is wishing to end his first full GPGSL season in 11th.
"I'm hoping to finish in the points here at Silverstone. Anywhere in the top twelve will be a great result, especially as a lot of team boosts are being used here." said Gilson, who will have to get the max out of the unboosted VanSmirren machine if he is to reach 11th in the Championship. "If things go really well, and I finish above eighth, then I will be very happy to take eleventh in the Testers Championship."
A top 7 finish for the Briton would take him above SCR's Daniel Thomas, who moved to a full race seat mid-season. However there is a threat to Gilson's current 12th position in the standings, that being another Southern Cross Racing driver, Maikel de Boer. A top four finish from the Dutchman could drop Gilson to 13th.
When asked about possibly losing his current position, Gilson replied: "I'll just have to drive the wheels of the car, and hope that Maikel fails to break into the top five."

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
As far as I know, Ed and Marko are the only drivers to have taken part in every GPGSL race.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Roflmfao at my realisation of boosts used. 1960s NASA would be proud!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
JohnMaverick Escreveu:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not only that, Rod. I'm also still fighting for
> 3rd on WDC! But yeah, let's simply hope that TNR
> will blow themselves and get that 3rd home...and
> get some revenge for that Interlagos disaster!

Yes... I forgot!! Good luck, John!! Leave a bronze medal for Swiss!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
i guess the TNRs will blow up on the formation lap ;)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
I guess the TNRs will blow up on the formation lap ;)
I hope so LOL!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Hmmm, the TNR boosts: Just ran 3 accelerated time races at Silverstone, with a variety of results. One TNR with a dominant win; a TNR 1-2; and one engine bbq and loose wheel in another race. Ought to be a bit of pot luck as to what the official result will be! Can't wait!!! LOL!! I like these odds.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
It's moments like these I wish I'd taken all of the 14BHP SCR had left. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I am headed off to the shops soon to buy the week's food. Gonna get some nice juicy steaks to put on the TNR bbq.... LOL

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Hey, it was worth a shot, to my knowledge we don't know the effects at all, as surprisingly, its not ever been done!

Pushing boundaries and trying something new/different might just open up doors for new tactics!

Imagine this was a championship decider....heck, id still gamble it, for sheer entertainment! :P

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
shep34 Wrote:
> Pre Race Press Statement from TNR's Glen Sheppard
>
> Heading into this last race of the year, we at TNR
> wanted to shoot for the stars! Both Norbert and I
> had driver boost available, and combined with the
> Team boost, I think it was a 100% agreed team
> strategy to throw caution to the wind, and
> hopefully finish the season with a bang, one way
> or another!!!
> Got the fingers crossed our TNR engine men have
> got everything sorted out, and our BMW engines are
> bullet proof for this weekend. If so, True North
> Racing will hopefully be celebrating a memorable
> 1-2 race finish from Silverstone.

+1

(I think i'll wear 2 fireproof suits...)
I remember Lucky Seven had a +19 bhp boost at Silverstone a couple of seasons ago. They had one retirement and one on the podium. So it has been done before :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Wrote:
> I remember Lucky Seven had a +19 bhp boost at
> Silverstone a couple of seasons ago. They had one
> retirement and one on the podium. So it has been
> done before :)

Only reason you remember the +19 BHP boost was because you did that session - it was in Season 4. Why do I remember? Top of the timesheets in testing ;)

Either way, looks like it'll could be a great race (or a TNR whitewash) - but I will be checking to see who won the 'test' version of the GPGCL (the 'first' real edition will be next year :))

Well won't there failure rate be 1,100

That's no way a certain failure. I remember when I was running my 1997 season, I was using 1,500 for everyone as a failure rate

I think they will pull it off

Fair play to em

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 schrieb:
> Well won't there failure rate be 1,100
>
> That's no way a certain failure. I remember when I
> was running my 1997 season, I was using 1,500 for
> everyone as a failure rate
>
> I think they will pull it off
>
> Fair play to em

Err, no. Their failure rate is 3000. And that's nearly 4 times as much as standard failure rate. So there is a good chance that they'll blow. Either way, I wouldn't mind if they had luck for taking the risk, but the drivers shouldn't forget their fire-prove underwear for sure!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
There is a rumour in the paddock that TNR will put fire extinguishers on their car for this race..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Just a note that I may not be around for the next week. I'm staying at a friends so my internet access could be limited

Free practise will be run on Monday evening and results will be posted on Tuesday evening.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Ah fair play John

I thought it was 100 for each boost point used

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Ah fair play John
>
> I thought it was 100 for each boost point used

The failure rates are in the rules - section 16) f) Boost spread:

GPGSL Rules
f) Boost Spread
Teams can spread the boosts over the season in the way they prefer. There is no minimum or maximum of boost BHPs that have to be used (but it can’t exceed 24 obviously).

The corresponding failure rates are:

21-24=6000
17-20=5000
15-16=4000
12-14=3500
11=3000
10=2500
9=2000
8=1700
7=1500
6=1300
5=1200
4=1100
3=1000
2=900
1=800

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy