GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
I think if we get a majority of team owners going for it then there is no problem

Obviously John has given up his time for this so its unfair to have to re-run the first 2 sessions

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Hey Boss! I say get my car on track! Dont care what track, Ill always go to the max!!

Btw, can you try to get Matt active into the "pitbox" again? I am afraid his penalty will affect the complete team performace :/

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Re the old vs new Hock layout, and use of boosts, it hasn't bothered me one bit - wasn't planning to use a boost here anyway. So, I really am not fussed one way or another. And my original post re the track being used, I probably did read it, but with life being hectic, guess I quickly moved on from it, knowing I wasn't going to use a boost anyway....LOL No harm done....
Think we all need to remember, it is "just" a game, and some fun we are all having....

AND for the record, I am NOT complaining - I am not that petty or concerned that much! I just couldn't remember whether the track was the long or short version. And as stated above, I wasn't intending to use boosts! So please don't thinK i was having a whinge! All good here....:-)(besides, my football team had a great win yesterday, couldn't be happier!!!!)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2011 01:03AM by shep34.
I just got the new track from Stu. For now we'll definitely keep the FP on the old layout as long as I don't get any indication from the government that I shall re-run it. For the qualy and race I'll now try to get CSM working again (by installing everything another time) and will use the new layout for that. Hope that it'll work. This way, there's no need to get a majority for anything, but I'm thankful, Dan, for the effort. Will keep you updated. With another night shift the qualifying should be online in a few hours *fingers crossed*

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just stick to the old track, the new track is
> boring and we don't have that much high speed
> tracks on the calendar.

+1

My GPGSL Career
*yawwwnnn*

Woah what the hell hapepened man...
Where am I?!
Wooaaaahhh whereee did the timeee gooooo....

EPIIICCC PARRTTTYYYYYYYYY

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Turbo Lover Escreveu:
> Just stick to the old track, the new track is
> boring and we don't have that much high speed
> tracks on the calendar.

x+1

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Well guys, to have everything done in the proper way, I spent all night (literally, it's 5.25 AM here now) finding the CSM problem and solve it. At least I had success in this, I could run the qualifying on the NEW layout without a single crash! YAY!

But I'm way too tired now to make the coverage, therefore it will be online around today evening/night. With a bit of luck I can run the race today evening as well and in this case it should be online shortly after the qualifying...but no promise in that. If not, the race coverage will follow tomorrow evening.

CaptinFranko Wrote:
> My complaint is not about the track, but as usual
> about the boosts...I'm sorry but there just seems
> very little point in teams boosts. Infect, my cars
> actually seem to go backwards when we use boosts.

Seriously dude, stop complaining. Your team boost was @#$%& because there where 6 other teams also using a boost.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
I think we'll leave the FP results to stand, and if the RD wishes to run the Qualifying session again, that's his choice. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
not bad fp, this result is good...
Thanks for the time you've put in John

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I thought Mr. Ed was making a S6 trackpack, so no mistakes won't be made when picking a track?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Ok guys, the complete race-weekend has been run and won. I'm just uploading the qualifying pics and the qualifying coverage should be online in a few hours.

post results for mobiles,please,Jm. Abbreviations for names (Oak,Mav f.e) would be more than enuff and no times set,just the grid if u can.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
GPGSL S6 Round 8: Hockenheim
Qualifying

***The coverage that was posted here is null and void for technical reasons. As soon as the session is re-run, the results will be posted in the next post as results table only!***

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2011 10:05PM by GPGTV.org/farked.
GPGSL S6 Round 8: Hockenheim
Official qualifying results

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2011 12:02AM by GPGSL.
Mobile results:

1. Jalving
2. Sheppard
3. Maverick
4. Oakley
5. Greidanus
6. Vilela
7. Horvath
8. Johnson
9. Houston
10. Elleker
11. Worseling
12. Cartwright
13. Warrington
14. Kittleson
15. Hinz
16. Silvestre
17. Muller
18. Greenhalgh
19. Karjalainen
20. Pedersen
21. Alexander
22. Hunsley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2011 12:05AM by GPGSL.
Not too bad, especially with two of my championship rivals in 21st and 22nd.

X (@ed24f1)
Some general things I realized:

- Steer's name is Connor, not Cannot ;-) I downloaded the Mod from the first page, so it would be good to change that in the next update ;-)

- Compared to the old Hockenheim layout that is in the S5 trackpack, this new layout seems to be a bit bugged. I can already tell you that there were lots of accidents in the new hairpin when the normal cc line and the overtaking cc line cross. Cars bumped into each other regularly there. None of these lead to a DNF but some drivers lost many positions there.

- And also the first hight-speed corner created lots of 'running wides'. I'd suggest for next season (if Hockenheim is in the calendar again) to either correct these cc lines or take the old layout again (which is much nicer anyway ;) )

- And finally, a fitting example to the boost discussion: See Sheppard and Horvath. Both took no boost and TNR also chose not to use a team boost. On the high-speed old layout track they finished in 1st and 5th (if I remember correctly). And here on the not so high-speed new layout track it's the two last positions. I'm sure if I'd start a new qualifying session, they'd end somewhere totally different again. So, see it as it is...boosts can make a difference, but they don't have to. On the other hand not using a boost doesn't necessarily mean that you'll finish way back down the field....but it can. It's simply a gamble, guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2011 06:33PM by JohnMaverick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy