GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
but hey, i won races with 3 different teams ;) this is 85th race.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Mate you know you want to come back to MPR ;)

Cheers, just want to update my sig

Owh and I've finally started work on the MPR wiki page

Do we have a list of race results for season 1 collected, otherwise I'm gonna have to drudge through the thread, could take a while

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2011 02:45AM by Ferrari2007.
Starting 2nd this time! GOLD!!!! Not bad for the team mate either, back in 7th (assuming I am reading the right qual thread)
If so, great! Will be tough to hold onto a strong finish, with no team or driver boosts. Just hope to cling onto some points in the end....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
OMG! I thought 7th and 17th was bad, but 13th and 18th? I think I'm gonna go lie down in a darkened room!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
so im back guys, 11th place not bad!

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
10th, I'll take that :D

very confused!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
needed 15 mins to understand what the hell happened since the last time i've read this thread;)

the new results are much better for TGP(even if Gigi is in 16th),but still sorry for John,because of the massive time spent for this qualify...

My GPGSL Career
i still cant work out if the old results are what we see, or if the post has just been revised and new results added?

lol, i love a bit of a mix up! :D

senna9194 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> needed 15 mins to understand what the hell
> happened since the last time i've read this
> thread;)
>
> the new results are much better for TGP(even if
> Gigi is in 16th),but still sorry for John,because
> of the massive time spent for this qualify...

I'm not sorry for John, he's that one that stuffed it up and cost us our best qualifying of the year.:-(;-(:-(

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Hey, that's not fair! Poor old John, just a simple little confusion.

Nobody is to blame, maybe all of us for dodgy communication in not knowing what the track was.

Lets not forget, good results or bad, this championship year is quite close and exciting!

And all the hard work that goes into getting it prepared, organised, races run, results listed... its all done out of goodwill!

So race error or not, respect is due for these guys! :)

Take your time ironing out the issues, we all appreciate the lengths you go to in order for our pleasure in reading and participating!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2011 04:12PM by danm.
danm Wrote:
> Hey, that's not fair! Poor old John, just a simple
> little confusion.
>
> Nobody is to blame, maybe all of us for dodgy
> communication in not knowing what the track was.
>

i agree with you mate,there's no fault.

>
> Lets not forget, good results or bad, this
> championship year is quite close and exciting!
>

I noticed since the first race that it's becoming quite controversial too;) Philip's matter,my 1st place at Laguna Seca,the boosts discussions,this one;)

> And all the hard work that goes into getting it
> prepared, organised, races run, results listed...
> its all done out of goodwill!
>
> So race error or not, respect is due for these
> guys! :)

+1

My GPGSL Career
Macca25 Schreef:
> senna9194 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > needed 15 mins to understand what the hell
> > happened since the last time i've read this
> > thread;)
> >
> > the new results are much better for TGP(even if
> > Gigi is in 16th),but still sorry for
> John,because
> > of the massive time spent for this qualify...
>
>
> I'm not sorry for John, he's that one that stuffed
> it up and cost us our best qualifying of the
> year.:-(;-(:-(

If the qualifying was run with the right perfs, then you should have ended up somewhere where you are now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2011 08:04PM by racingstefan.
A pity to end up down the grid, but I'm sure I can make progress in the race.

X (@ed24f1)
someone earlier mentioned about the boosts being a lottery - they are. sometimes they work; sometimes not.

i know for sure Norbert has won races with and without boosts.

the whole thing is a gamble, and using a boost gives you a slightly higher chance of doing better than normal. there are many variables - your current form, current driver perf values, team perfs, how many other drivers used the boost, , other team boosts, track weather etc.

a boost by no means GUARANTEES you a better result though. it depends on MANY factors.

perhaps the best way to measure is current championship standings, and if you use a boost, take note of your race result and championship position in the context of your general performance over the unfolding season.

ie, if charrel used a boost, he's already high in the standings, so he would naturally expect to finish well.

a lower team, with less points on the table cannot expect a boost to give them an instant victory. look at six seasons of GPGSL to see that it doesn't happen that way. rain is a big factor to give surprising results, but there is a nice fluid pattern of progress.

no team goes from nothing to race winning. i do feel for the teams not winning, but there can only be one per race. it took me AGES to get my team into regular points, so believe in your guys, and stick to it.

two seasons ago i was infuriated at TSS for being so damn good! but hats off to them, they earnt it. but nobody stays top forever, again, as proven.

boosts add a nice mix. they dont change winners by click of a button, but they do add an extra element of swing which could fortune you better than without. but if everyone else does the same,

TNR had a clever tactic, well, we consider it clever, in how we used our boosts. and for the record, we never used all our allocations last season either! so it isnt everything! :)

Macca25 schrieb:
> senna9194 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > needed 15 mins to understand what the hell
> > happened since the last time i've read this
> > thread;)
> >
> > the new results are much better for TGP(even if
> > Gigi is in 16th),but still sorry for
> John,because
> > of the massive time spent for this qualify...
>
>
> I'm not sorry for John, he's that one that stuffed
> it up and cost us our best qualifying of the
> year.:-(;-(:-(

Well Nathan, I think you're not really fair with this. You're not feeling with me? Fair enough! I don't need any pity or something but I appreciate all the other guys who have patience with me. But what I don't accept is that I cost you something! I apologized already for making you hope and then destroy it, but what Stefan already mentioned is a simple fact: Your results in the earlier qualifying came due to the use of nearly the starter perfs, that is perfs which were way much closer together than they are now! I would accept your complain if the race was run with correct perfs and then would have to be rerun because of another mistake of me. But that wasn't the case.

In general: The race has been run and won. It wasn't as exciting as the first one on the new layout, but I got some pretty nice shots. Yet I also figured out another bug of the track. To not spoil the attention, I'll give further details only after the coverage is posted. But I'm pretty sure already that some of you won't be pleased with the outcome.

Stay tuned, race should be online in an hour or a bit more.

/add: Oh, forgot something. I should it would be clear with my last post yesterday night that the qualifying results screen on p. 89 was the new (correct) one. Sorry for any confusion in regards to that. I removed the old one immediately after it was clear that a rerun was necessary and put a spoiler there in the meantime. So, again, the qualifying results screen on p. 89 is the new and valid one!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2011 09:45PM by JohnMaverick.
John has had a very difficult time with this round and deserves applause for his handling of the situation, not ridicule! He could have easily passed on the role to someone else after his problems, but he didn't! My own team's performance has dipped in this session compared to the old one, but hey thats just GP4 vagueries, such as driver variance and changeable conditions.

We need to encourage new RDs not scare them away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
come on folks, dont complain, its just a game :) i lost out aswell, but hey, its just a game :)

Sometimes @#$%& doesnt work like its supposed to do and things happend. Good job on getting qual and race going again! =)

Looking forward to the race result!

And thank you all RD! ;)
Totally agree with those supporting John through this whole Hockenheim weekend. A bit of confusion for some, some have gained, others lost. But geez, it is just a game, no need to be all angry about it or getting aggro at John!
I actually offered John my services to run the race, but to his credit, he wanted to push on and run the event. Good on him, shows the determination in the guy!
And, I am sure we will all enjoy having a read of the race coverage when it is posted, and should all quickly move on with no regrets or bad feelings over what has occured. No one got hurt or killed, so I am sure we can all get over it....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Looking forward to the race result, to see if jack and potentially even juliano can get some points.

Yeh being an RD isn't straight forward, even more so for such an established series i can only guess, but i agree with stu ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy