GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
About my race... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Boost Announcement

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 9, Japanese Grand Prix, Suzuka are now open and will close 8pm BST Frday 1st July. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Suzuka", for drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Suzuka". Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL.

Glen Sheppard will be our Race Director for the weekend's events.

Thats a cracking result especially after Juliano qualifying down the field, double points finish...well done boys

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Very pleased with 2nd place, best result of the season so far. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Congrats to my teammate! Excellent job.

Shame the suspension had to break again on my car! :(
Bad luck for TNR this weekend, couple of points for myself at least...
Satisfied with result,gained most places in the race, i believe.The outcome also means i retain the lead in wdc. Where was i in fastest laps chart,out of curiousity?tnx again for mobile results,btw

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
This racing weekend got my 2nd place in the standing secured even more! I have closed Marko down to 3 points now.. For MPR it is also a good weekend, if im correct we have taken back the 2nd place in the constructors again!

As for me, I will have a week off before we will be flying to Susuka.. A dangerous but exiting track!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
JM press conference

Jalving accuses me of what? I bumped into him? He should hold himself accountable for our spins! I was in front of him already in the hairpin, consequently he didn't have any chance of keeping his position. Nevertheless he keept his speed and turned inside...where I was! HE spun ME directly in front of his car and that's the least of my mistakes in the race. Apart from that, you could see how aggressive Jalving was today, when he put that unclean maneuver on Rod (Vilela) later on. I saw that on the video wall...and it was anything but clean either!
For Ruben, I'm sorry for the bump later in the race. He broke much earlier there than I expected and when I realized that, it was too late already. Fortunately both of us were able to keep control of the car. I had to use my chance after that, because Ruben was really fast today and it was hard to find a good position to overtake!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a general note:

senna9194 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JohnMaverick Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Here you go! And now I just lean back and wait
> to
> > see who fill be first to accuse me of
> cheating...
>
> Do you know that it was my same reaction after
> posting Laguna Seca's FP?;)

Yeah, I thought so. When I ran the race yesterday I simply thought that this can't be true. Not enough that I have to rerun the race again...then I also win it. I'm aware that this brings a bad smack with it. But it's apparent that I only won it because of Sheppard and Oakley having troubles with their cars. Anyhow, I could have easily relinquished this win, it's none I'm very proud of after all the problems with this coverage.

And...the track bug, I spoke of yesterday before I posted the coverage, helped me a lot. As you may have recognized, all cars who were in front suddenly had a very high pace. It was this way with Sheppard at the start, then Oakley when Sheppard came to the pits, then again Sheppard before his problems, then again Oakley before his problems and then finally me. And I had also experienced this phenomenon in the first race, where Jalving had also been massively in front of all other cars and at the end won with a gap of nearly 20 seconds. And not only that, the gaps between the cars are generally pretty high, so that there's little action at the end, but I think the leading driver bug is the most influencing one.

/add: @Marko
Surprisingly you were not in the top 7 of the driver's fastest laps. But you profited a lot from the chaos in the first two rounds, which brought you to 15th already...and then again you profited from Cartwright's and Sheppard's problems with the car.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2011 11:46AM by JohnMaverick.
Very frustrating

X (@ed24f1)
The video obviously showed that you were not completely next to me yet. You had massive oversteer trying to steer away from me since you braked to bit late trying to overtake me.. Thats just bumpercars trying to overtake by hitting someone on the inside.. But I still finished 3rd, I think we can call it a racing accident :P We have both seen worse..

Btw, does anyone have a boost table so we can see how many boosts everyone has left?

My over-steering came from the bump you gave me. I admit that the pic does not necessarily shows that but it was the same as with all the other accidents that happened there with other cars. That's the problem of the cc-line which I mentioned earlier. I'll see if I find another pic to prove that ;) but as I had 300+ pictures for the race, I had to reduce them to a reasonable amount.

/add: Here are the pics, Charrel. You can clearly see that I was in front of you when you bumped into me ;)

As for the boost table, I'll prepare a basic text table later today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2011 12:06PM by JohnMaverick.
Oke oke, you were in front of me :P I just dontk now if you slided and hit me, or that I hit you.. But its oke ;) Ill be more carefull next time! I just really wanted to win :D

Here's the requested boost table with the boost standings including the Hockenheim boosts, but excluding potential Suzuka boosts!!!

12th after spinning in the first lap is not so bad, but I was hoping for more... :-(
A pity to not take the win after a strong weekend

But still a nice recovery to 3rd by Charrel

Matt also drove a nice race up to 5th, he was about the only person who didn't crash into an ART out there ;)

Now Charrel is 2nd in the Drivers Championship and we are back into 2nd in the Constructors, looks like we could see a re-run of season 4 between MPR and TSS

But hopefully we win this time :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
*bangs head against door*

Oh bloody wonderful. Cack qualifying, cack race.

boost tables prove that they don't always offer a guaranteed success! very interesting!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
danm schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> boost tables prove that they don't always offer a
> guaranteed success! very interesting!

Of course they don't, I think we've all agreed in that already ;-)

In my opinion the driver boosts are simply too low. A boost of 100 instead of 50 would most likely make a difference. A raise of the team boosts, on the other hand, wouldn't make much difference as this would cause everybody to use more boost points which in the end levels the field again.

But even with an increased driver boost, there is still no guarantee of success. There are so many other factors, some of them you've listed earlier on already. Weather, clean or no clean track, a car in front...all that influences the performance.

Yes, when boosts are set at 50 points, and the variance is above 500, it's very unlikely to have a major impact.

I think that for Season 7, either increase the boost, or decrease the variance when a boost is used.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy