GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
If Connor is in qualifying then the wrong perf was used. I'm afraid qualifying is null and void.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2011 09:52PM by Stoopid.
Well guys, I'm f***ed! Trust me, right now I have the feeling of taking my computer to the balcony and throw it down!

This is what happened, and the fact that it wasn't my fault (or at least not totally my fault) frustrates me even more. Because of all the trouble I had with CSM, I didn't change the standard GPGSL performance file anymore for qualifying and race but created a backup of the actual performance file and put it in a backup folder, to not to have to change the standard file everytime again, in case that CSM wouldn't restore another time. When the time came to run the qualifying, I changed the performance file path in GPX to that Backup folder.

However, that stupid f**** program didn't care for any path change and instead assigned the standard GPGSL file again, which - because of the fresh installation of the mod before - of course shows the perfs at the time when the mod was created! WTF?????!!!!! Why the hell is that so? With any other mod I used so far, it was no problem to change the destination of the perf file. Why not here?

Anyhow, I didn't realize it because the only visible change is....Connor Steer. And with all the drama going with the not working programs, I totally missed the point that he's not a race driver.

Yet...the result is that both the qualifying and the race was run with totally wrong perfs, which of course makes a re-run necessary. The FP, at least, was run with the correct perfs, because for that I still changed the standard GPGSL performance file. But for the qualifying and the race, I'll consequently sit down another night and re-run it again, this time with the correct perfs by changing the standard file again.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience....again....but be assured that I'm at least as pissed as you are. Also, because I actually need to do a lot of other things and thought this to be done a while ago already, I can't and therefore won't make another qualifying coverage. I'll run the session in accelerated mode, post the results in the actual qualifying coverage on the previous page and give a marker here. The race will then be online later in the night or tomorrow.

And also be assured, that this will be the last time for a longer time that you'll have to bear me as a RD

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Nooo!!!

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Crap! There goes my 2nd pole position :( *cries like little girl*

What a mess.. Anyhow, thanks for the effort! Eventhough I probable qualify in 20th now :@

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Can't say I won't be upset with a new qualifying session.... can't get much worse than where I was.....
Hope your pc woes sort themselves out there soon John. Nothing more annoying than when the good old PC won't do what you want it to do!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
5th and 12th is quite good, seems we have a decent pace here. looking forward to the 2nd quali

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well guys, I'm f***ed! Trust me, right now I have
> the feeling of taking my computer to the balcony
> and throw it down!
>
> This is what happened, and the fact that it wasn't
> my fault (or at least not totally my fault)
> frustrates me even more. Because of all the
> trouble I had with CSM, I didn't change the
> standard GPGSL performance file anymore for
> qualifying and race but created a backup of the
> actual performance file and put it in a backup
> folder, to not to have to change the standard file
> everytime again, in case that CSM wouldn't restore
> another time. When the time came to run the
> qualifying, I changed the performance file path in
> GPX to that Backup folder.
>
> However, that stupid f**** program didn't care for
> any path change and instead assigned the standard
> GPGSL file again, which - because of the fresh
> installation of the mod before - of course shows
> the perfs at the time when the mod was created!
> WTF?????!!!!! Why the hell is that so? With any
> other mod I used so far, it was no problem to
> change the destination of the perf file. Why not
> here?
>
> Anyhow, I didn't realize it because the only
> visible change is....Connor Steer. And with all
> the drama going with the not working programs, I
> totally missed the point that he's not a race
> driver.
>
> Yet...the result is that both the qualifying and
> the race was run with totally wrong perfs, which
> of course makes a re-run necessary. The FP, at
> least, was run with the correct perfs, because for
> that I still changed the standard GPGSL
> performance file. But for the qualifying and the
> race, I'll consequently sit down another night and
> re-run it again, this time with the correct perfs
> by changing the standard file again.
>
> I'm really sorry for the
> inconvenience....again....but be assured that I'm
> at least as pissed as you are. Also, because I
> actually need to do a lot of other things and
> thought this to be done a while ago already, I
> can't and therefore won't make another qualifying
> coverage. I'll run the session in accelerated
> mode, post the results in the actual qualifying
> coverage on the previous page and give a marker
> here. The race will then be online later in the
> night or tomorrow.
>
> And also be assured, that this will be the last
> time for a longer time that you'll have to bear me
> as a RD

Well I hope we don't lose you as a RD forever John. It was a simple mistake to make, one I've done myself. I for one appreciate your sterling efforts mate :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
On a personal note I'm absolutely made up with this. Feel for you though John :(

Thanks for your kind words.

I was out to have a beer and calm down again and now have run the qualifying in accelerated mode. The results table is to find on page 89 where the original one was before. I've also changed the mobile results post.

The qualifying seemed to be a mixed weather one (at least the weather forecast showed a higher possibility of drizzle in the first 30 minutes and no rain in the next ones). Also I could see in the accelerated mode that there were lots of improvements in the final minutes, which gives a high probability of drying conditions and better results the later a driver was out.

I will run and post the race tomorrow, as I finally need some sleep and additionally can't see GP4 anymore today.

5th to last. That is just $&%*@ing perfect.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Well john i have to say well done for the amount of perseverance that you've put in this weekend, it hasn't been the easiest, but you've still carried on and it will come off eventually, i don't think its that bad that you need to give up on being an RD :)

On qualifying, well thats better for jack in 10th place, and juliano did better than i did ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
result is ok, but a lot of bad luck for my teammate. we'll see what we can do in the race

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Twigster151 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 5th to last. That is just $&%*@ing perfect.

I can imagine that you're pissed now as well, but to remain honest you also have to see that the other result came from perfs which were much closer together than the real ones are. I nevertheless apologize for making you hope at first and then destroying it in such a brutal manner.

LOL!!! I am still 1st.. thats awesome! And my biggest rival Aleksander is now way in the back..
Well, this makes me very happy! 2 times pole position! Yes!!

I'm very sorry for you it all took so long, much respect for the RD's for putting so much time in this..

I say tomorrow I grab the lead in the championship!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
I was rubbish in the rerun too. Bollocks

8th for Ben is good, too bad of the 20th place for michael, ah well, let him do a Canadian Button....

You are one persistent @#$%& you Johnnie :p You never give up, i like that ! (Y) for the RD, everybody makes a mistake every now and then...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2011 12:44AM by Rico.
6th place... so good!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
1st and 9th again...

Woo!!!

worry not,John. And its a good thing connor was in perf,that way it was noticed and we got to use right perfs. Now i dont know my gap but from your post i assume i lost out in drying conditions. Dont celebrate to soon,charel, in s3 i went from 17th on grid or so to 2nd on this track and i can do it again ;)

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2011 01:24AM by BAR#10.
But that was when you were in a MPR :)

Marko, just out of interest how many races have their now been in the GPGSL?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy