GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
TNR Driver Glen Sheppard post race comments....

"Pretty pleased with a 6th place finish, considering I started back in 17th. I got a bit lucky with guys ahead of me falling off the road, but... I will take it. As for the fastest lap of the race, well that is 3 in a Row for me!!! That proves two things to me : True North Racing has some damn good engines under them, and also I am in good form! Hopefully, I can carry this form on through the rest of the season, and score another win or two...."

I enjoyed doing the RD for this race, at a track I love. I did get a bit wrapped up in my own progress, but it was probably the best battle going on in the later stages. The overtaking move with 1 lap to go, my car actually bumped into the TSS and got my front wheels off the ground!! But, FRAPS missed that one.....

Bring on Hockenheim...... (and now i head off to my job interview, ready to dazzle them....hopefully....)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
13th... a bad-lucky... this circuit is a voodoo!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Post race comments from Dan Paddock, Owner of MPR

"Brilliant result for Charrel after some tough races for the team. Nice to be back on the podium again too. Matt did well to sneak into the points, but it was always going to be tough starting from 15th here. The season is really shaping up nicely now. Seems that TNR are a new challenger at the front, some great drivers from their guys lately. We may have to take a look at them later in the season. Next step is too get both cars up in the top 5, we know they can do it, and take control of the constructors championship, it's the trophy I really want."

P.S Thanks to Glen for the coverage ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
John Warrington Statement

Lost places in both pitstops due to shoddy pitstops. The pitcrew best sort it out for next race, definitely cost me a podium. Well done to Ed on the win.

Stoopid schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JohnMaverick Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > By the way, is there already an RD for
> Hockenheim?
> > If not, I'd do the weekend.
>
>
> Finally I get to sit down at my puter lol!
>
> As far as I know there is no RD for Hockenheim, or
> rather we do now John!!!!!!

Okay, then I'll confirm it officially. If we hurry up with the perfs, I should be able to do it at the weekend.

And for the race: 8th is better than we could have expected without a boost in dry conditions. I'm happy with it, though still a bit annoyed by Hunsley taking that 7th from me. Still...it's a light in the tunnel again.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2011 02:14AM by JohnMaverick.
Well done boys, the boost work quite well, we just need to work on our one lap pace.

Congrats to Jack on his first points and that should be most places gained as well and bad luck Chris, passed on the last lap for the second time in a row.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
10th place. not bad,atleast a top ten place:)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stoopid schrieb:
> -----
> > JohnMaverick Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > By the way, is there already an RD for
> > Hockenheim?
> > > If not, I'd do the weekend.
> >
> >
> > Finally I get to sit down at my puter lol!
> >
> > As far as I know there is no RD for Hockenheim,
> or
> > rather we do now John!!!!!!
>
>
> Okay, then I'll confirm it officially. If we hurry
> up with the perfs, I should be able to do it at
> the weekend.
>
>
> And for the race: 8th is better than we could have
> expected without a boost in dry conditions. I'm
> happy with it, though still a bit annoyed by
> Hunsley taking that 7th from me. Still...it's a
> light in the tunnel again.

If everyone is happy to have a quick turn around for the next race so that John can do the event this weekend, we will keep the Friday boost deadline of 6pm BST.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Congratulations to Ed on a fantastic win! I was beginning to think we may never get one this season. Great drive by John too, despite his pit crews shoddy pitstops. Needless to say that a few AMR staff are being flogged as we speak ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
thx Ed, and so i climbed back to 9th according to Charrel, which is great considering i was at 16th. Request ,if someone can post race results and wdc/wcc tables in text, please.btw, Did i overtake my way back or via pits, or did cars go off or everything together?

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Happy to have reached my goal for the race, finishing 5th. Although I was a bit naughty towards my team mate.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Podium finish, without boost, yes, that's what I wanted... (Y)
Yeah! It's a fantastic feeling to get my first win in 2 seasons. Bad luck to John, it would have been great to see him on the podium.

Thanks to Stuart for giving me the opportunity to drive with his team this year.

X (@ed24f1)
Great coverage Glen :-)

the race didn't go too bad,but both cars out of points...

My GPGSL Career
Lost the brakes and ended up stuck in the gravel trap...what an awful race!!

BBC reporter approaches Muller after retirement:
Rep - Mr Muller, how was your retirement?
MLR: Lost brakes. Stuck in gravel.

Rep: Can you give us a less 'kimi' answer?
MLR: Nope.

Rep: Can you give something, anything that I can use?
- Muller gives reporter an iPhone 4 -
MLR: Here you go. Courtesy of apple.
SCR Statement:

Let's just pretend that race never happened.
I know I'm just a rookie test driver but I want to join in with the "interviews".

Ted Kravtiz: Your a rookie driver for SCR and your enjoying mild success. What are your chances of being promoted to a driver's seat?
Daniel Thomas: I don't know, I guess if a driver exits the team or something similar I might be in with a chance.

TK: The current drivers are seem to be having quite poor races in recent times, do you think the team can improve?
DT: Of course, I can never doubt the current drivers, their in that position for a reason.

TK: We have noticed a Vettel like helmet change frequency in recent times. Why would you need to change the helmet?
DT: Although I liked the previous design of just red, I have been told that it would be better to have a unique design and that's what I have done.

TK: So no more helmet changes to come?
DT: Not at the moment, I could possibly have a special Monaco helmet if there is a testers feature race.

TK: We noticed that you do have a Michael Jackson logo on the front of the helmet, does it mean anything to you?
DT: Yes, MJ is a big influence in my life and I would like to show my support of him.

TK: With the new helmet design the colours green and yellow have been introduced. Why did you choose those colours?
DT: They're the two colors found on Ayrton Senna's helmet.

TK: So Senna also has an influence on you?
DT: Yes, I follow his umm... style of finding an opportunity to overtake and trying my best to use that opportunity.

TK: That's all the time I have, good luck for the future.
DT: Thank you.
Pretty happy with two top ten finishes considering our poor quali

Future GPGSL Team, (tentatively named Demon Racing) seeking livery designer....

As a future entrant to the GPGSL, Demon Racing is asking for expressions of interest for a painter to design a scheme to suit our sponsors. Any interested designers, please feel free to PM myself, for a criteria (more like a wishlist!!) of how the car should look.
The in-house artist for Demon Racing just can't quite nail the design, somewhere in the middle of unique yet simple....

Your painting services would be very well appreciated, and in return, a driving role could be on offer if "unemployed" when the time comes that Demon Racing hits the grid.....

(edit : basically, I haven't got a clue how to get my current crappy design into GP4, and I am sure there are painters out there who can at bare minimum, get a base scheme done for me....!!!)
(A scheme based on the Arrows F1 car of 1997 might be the ideal scheme for the team....)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2011 02:16PM by shep34.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy