F1 Manager - 2004 Main Season Thread - Season Over!

Posted by Twigster151 
Wouldn't giving teams a boost depending on their 2004 season finish make the even bigger teams stronger?. My opinion is that we should be able to use the money from GP2 now but I'm biased as I need it for testing :P

I meant a bonus in form of some extra money, for example £5m for p1, £4.5m for p2 and so on, down to £0.5m for p10. I think that wouldn't make bigger teams too strong, especially if we would make the standard budgets very similar.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
>
> About the budget discussion, I would suggest
> following rules:
> 1. The money the teams get for loaning out drivers
> and that they spend for sister contracts will be
> added or subtracted to the 2005 budget,
> the remaining 2004 budgets stay the same (as
> the drivers that are already loan out have also be
> contracted using the 2005 budget).
> 2. For 2005 every team has a base budget plus a
> bonus which is depending on the final 2004 WCC
> standing. This budget will be used
> for contracting drivers, buying engines and
> brakes. The remaining money then can be used for
> testing or GP2 deals.
> Maybe the remaining 2004 budget should not be
> added to this because this could make the bigger
> teams even more powerful.
>
> @mclarenaustralia: I think using this budgets
> would make the gap between the teams too big. With
> the current situation, it's easier for the
> smaller teams to score some points (they're even
> able to win races!) and to contract better drivers
> as they can partially keep up with the offers
> of for example Ferrari or Williams.

I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there. 2004 budgets should only be used for 2004 and 2005 should be seperate. I ran the previous years results for the budget only because that gave teams money to work with through the season. I personally would keep at least a £10m gap between the top and bottom team, just as it gives a slight bit of realism by keeping bigger drivers at bigger teams. But that is just my opinion :-D
A gap of £10m between top and bottom would absolutely be okay, I was even able to sign the Worldchampion with a lower budget ;) And as we could already see this season, the smaller teams can also win races which makes it more fun for everyone, and that's what it's all about, I'd say :)

Some mods
My team hasn't come close to a podium this season :(

JohnWarrington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My team hasn't come close to a podium this season
> :(
Neither has mine.
Mine has Mine has. ;););)

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Lucky git ;)

The German Grand Prix will be posted some time this week.

Never mind podiums, I still have no points... :(

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
F1 2004 German Grand Prix - Practice

There were two surprises at the top of the time sheets at Hockenheim as Robert Doornbos and Christian Klien finished 1st and 2nd respectively. Klien will be absolutely delighted after beating Montoya by 0.005 seconds. Toyota also looked good in the session as their drivers took 4th and 6th place. It was another disappointing session for Kimi Raikkonen in the Jordan as the Finn could only manage 12th, finishing just ahead of Mclaren's Jenson Button who was 13th. Minardi look to be struggling in Germany as both their drivers were a second away from the fastest time, they will have to work hard to get anything from the race.

Robert Doornbos sets the fastest time of the session.

Mixed session for Arrows. Trulli did well and showed some genuine pace to get 10th and only 3 tenths slower than the fastest time. Wilson was down in 19th and is half a second slower than Trulli. So we have a good foundation I think going into qualy and the race.
Glad to get the setup reward again. Alex has done a cracking job for us this year.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Poor session for Mclaren but the setup reward means we should be stronger in qualifying and the race

F1 2004 German Grand Prix - Qualifying

World Championship leader Rubens Barrichello will start on pole in Germany after he managed to beat the Ferrari of Michel Schumacher and his teammate, Juan-Pablo Montoya by less that a tenth of a second. Lining up on the second row alongside Montoya will be Toyota driver Cristiano Da Matta, his Toyota teammate Jacques Villeneuve shares the 3rd row with Jos Verstappen's Ferrari. The Jaguar's of Allan McNish and Mark Webber lock out the 4th row with a much improved Mclaren team occupying the 5th. It was a poor session for Andre Lotterer who could only manage 19th in the Jordan, his teammate Raikkonen starts 11th.

Barrichello sets the fastest time of the session to take pole position.

Jordan Statement

Well done from Kimi, with a good strategy we may get him in the top 8. André is still a bit disappointed about his qualifying result, but I think he will do better in race because he really wants to show a good race in front of his home crowd.

Some mods
Arrows Statement

An okay qualy for Arrows but we could have done better. But anything can happen in the race and we are not giving up on this weekend just yet
BAR

I decide to withdraw myself from this game. With the GP2 stuff coming it gets too complicated and I will not have the time for it. So, BAR can be taken over by someone on the waiting list. It was a pleasure to be part of it, but I can't cope with it anymore.
it's a shame to lose you Kenney, you were a good competitor mate, thanks for your input and time
Sad to see you leave Kenney. Atleast someone else can come in now I guess

Sorry to lose you Kenney seeing as you've been here since the very beginning.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy