GPG Nations Cup - Season 2 Thread <> Provisional Calendar at Page 1 <> Mod build in progress <> Any interested managers still welcome!

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Round 8 Spain - Qualifying

Time for a good old round of qualifying in round 8 of the GPGNC, this team we are in sunny spain at the circuit of Catalunya for this exciting race. Well exciting qualifying for today, but that is enough for one day, is it not? ;)

The old style tarmac is laid, the lines have bit painted a bit wonky, so lets get this qualifying underway! Winner of the last race and current 2nd place man Chris Copeman is the first driver to get the tyres on the track. He's quickly followed by 3rd place man Antunis of Brazil, maybe a little too close there?

What a surprise! USA in first place at the moment, although that was kind of guarenteed wasn't it ;).

And Antunis takes the 2nd place, maybe a bit slowed down by Copeman? He has plenty of time to improve his lap though.

He may need to as Horvarth immediately snatches the 2nd place away from him. Still a very long way to go here however.

Stein isn't in a snatching mood and slots onto the back of those 3. Not too far off but 4th place for now.

Some more slotting as Heart of Cananda chooses what is last for the moment, 5th place. On another note, nice horizon don't you think? Very cloud free.

It seems that taking the bottom place is a sort of trend at the moment. Yoshimoto repeats the deed of the two before him with a 6th place lap.

Aha! McGregor isn't playing the same ballgame though, and we have a flash of green as he posts the top time of the first 7 cars, up by 1 tenth of a second.

Xanthis takes a 5th place in the greek car. That pillar still says catalunya despite all requests to put driver positions on it...

Race 2 for this interesting car that Hunsley is driving, hoping for a better round this time. He takes a what would be points position of 8th.

Jantsher states his intentions for today with a strong 2nd place. He seems up for it today after a good haul in spa.

Razak in 8th. It was a good cool drive in Spa last week for Razak, maybe more points for Malaysia here? He will certainly hope so.

Green! We like green! Montenegran driver Vukcevic breaks into the 1.27's with a 1st place lap. He is 3 and a half tenths of a second, good positive start.

That may look like a shadow, but i can assure you that definately is a car! Paddock takes an ok 11th in his all black car for New Zealand.

Well he did, until De Boer decided he wanted 11th for Netherlands. Maikel De Boer looking to improve on last weeks qualifying, although lets be fair, he cant really do worse?

Jantsher is in the mood today! More green this time in sector one, the austrian is up in this sector by quite a bit, can he keep hold of that gap?

Short answer: No. Long answer: He's gone down by nearly a quarter of a second on Vukcevic in the middle sector, . Maybe Vukcevic just had an exceptional middle sector?

Current championship leader crosses then line with a not very championship time. He can only manage 15th on this lap, not really what i image Maverick wanted.

Jantshers potential pole lap ends up giving him 2nd place. Still a very strong position there but he went for 2 tenths up to 2 tenths down, what happened?

Zakes will be hoping 13th isn't so unlucky as he claims that place for himself. He will want more points after getting a small taster last time round.

That start/finish line is very shady is it not? Anyway sorry Ward crosses the line for Ireland with a 9th place, just outside the points for the driver who ended up in a wall last race!

With no walls to crash into at the moment, Tafuro grabs himself a decent 5th place. He will be looking to improve in order to move up the championship standings.

Carreiro slots into a not so great 20th place, all though the Portugal man looks like he has a queue behind him...

Yup one of those close drivers is Urazel. He takes the position right behind Carreiro, a lowly 21st place so far.

Less of a problem for Vanthoor who takes a decent 7th place. He will be looking to make up for disaster in his home race.

He doesn't keep 7th for long. Oakley seemed to desperately want that place and takes it very quickly. Oakley will be desperate to earn England their first set of points here.

Stein also puts in a solid run to get himself a 6th place for Germany. Drivers moving up and down the standings very quickly at the moment.

One of those is Heart. He takes a 10th place for Canada. Another nation looking for their first points in Catalunya.

Hang on Jantscher has gone green in the second sector as well this time! Oh no no wait a second telemitries say he's pitting this lap, unfortunate for him.

The standings with the first runs done by every driver:

Afet a small pause for everyone to get their breath back, Antunis sets off again. And he's really turning up the pressure! He has gone green in sector 1, can he keep this up for the rest of the lap?

Unfortunately for all you neutrals out there, whether you are there or not, he doesn't. It seems not many people can match the pace of Vukcevic's middle sector, must have been a good one.

Guess what? That's right we have a commercial! But please don't go anywhere, we have more exciting coverage from this bright and sunny catalunya track, and it will be coming right up! ;)
Round 8 Spain - Qualifying part 2

Welcome back! I hope those commercials werent too long and boring for you ;)

Anyway less about my voice more about cars driving fast! Or in this case not so fast. Yoshimoto clearly feels very held up by Oakley on his flying lap as he takes a look at overtaking him just into the second sector. He not too far off the fastest lap at the moment but a slow english car really will not help him.

Antunis still hanging around the top set of cars. His lap may have fallen back from a fast first sector, but its still enough to get him 4th place

We have the first overtake of the weekend! This may be qualifying but Yoshimoto has had enough of waiting patiently for Oakley and overtakes him going into the final section. His lap has pretty much been ruined though.

Big deja vu here... oh yes. Hunsley clinches 8th places in much the same way as he did on the first runs. Decent positon though, 8th.

This time in the glaring sunlight, Paddock takes his car to 15th place. Still 1 more roll of the dice to move himself up i believe.

We have a new car at the top! Finally someone has managed to consistently stay ahead of Vukcevic for an entire lap and its Tafuro! The italian takes a 1st place, although not by much.

Considering where he was at the start of that lap, thats a very very good lap by Urazel, he will be pleased with that i think. Well its better than last?

Thats more like it from Maverick! A lap more befitting of his position is shown as he drags himself into a points position. There are plenty of fast cars ready to kick him out though...

One of those is not Carreiro though, whilst 18th is better than the 22nd he had, its not really a dream lap for Portugal.

De Boer gets himself a 12th. He really is fighting to get into the top half of this field this time.

Xanthis gets a 15th place in his bright blue and white car. Its alright for the greek, although that shot is impressively close by the cameraman. Sorry back to talking about the drivers... ;)

Thats better from Dan Paddock. He drives a decent 9th place for his team, he will be hoping he can stay there.

The halfway point standings are as follows. That is, everyone has atleast done 6 laps:

Can you possibly get any closer to your own time? Tafuro is just 2 thousanths of a second away from matching himself in the first sector. He's not ready to settle with his current time!

The effort really pays off as he extends his lead even further. Can anyone put in a better lap now?

Jantsher tries, but only succeeds in getting himself the last potential podium place. A race win is very possible from 2nd row though!

A so far quiet Hovarth plucks up with a 12th place. Are Hungary satisfied with that at the moment?

Heart is looking really really up for winning some points here, he takes a good 8th place.

Razak looks a shadow of his podium position self that was the last round. He can only manage 19th, and thats with improving his time.

Yoshimoto is also not having the greatest day, he will take a 18th place with that drive.

Tafuro crosses the line on his final lap... No improvement! He will have to cross his fingers and hope that his current time keeps him his pole.

Vanthoor swiftly follows him across the line, and gets himself up to 9 place behind the italian. Thats 10th for all of you who can't do maths ;)

Being a second slower than the leader wins you 17th place, as Ward finds out on his final lap. He will have to do something special for points this time.

Carreiro crosses the line... unlucky 13th! He will have to take that. That leaves just 2 cars left on track, Vukcevic and De Boer. Can either throw a spanner in the works?...

We follow Vukcevic into the first sector... and it really doesn't look like it. hes already down and doesn't look fast enough to recover that time. De Boer is slower so also looks like nothing doing there.

2nd sector for Vukcevic, any special drive? No no hes even further back, Tafuro looks set for pole, all thats left is for the two to cross the line to confirm this.

Vukcevic obliges, no improvement on his time, that puts him 2nd. Still a very good lap there and he will be pleased. We are waiting for the sight of the bright orange car across the line...

De Boer is also not in a surprise springing mood, he doesn't improve and thats all drivers done. Paolo Tafuro has pole! He will share the front row with Vukcevic, whilst they have Jantsher and Urazel behind them.

The final standings on the day:

Congratulations to: Paolo Tafuro of Italy! He has clinched pole with a very good lap, and to reinforce his dominance he went faster than himself. Zakes takes himself a wooden spoon for Madagascar on a bad day for them

Fully official results will follow!

Thank you for sticking with us throughout this exciting coverage and we hope you enjoyed it!

Bye!
Official Results for Round 8 Qualifying

It was very very tight in there a have to say! 4 drivers within 2 thousanths of a second of eachother, can't ask for closer ;). Although spare a though for Hovarth of Hungary who even though he got the same time as Jack Hunsley had to take the place below, although someone had to lose ;-)

Thanks!
Now to comment on the montenegro side of things ;-)

Woo 2nd place, excellent stuff, we can certainly win from there! Assuming now dangerous driving or breakdowns of course ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Better then last round! Still not near the top 10 though ...

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
It was a good result for Brazil... i think it's our best grid position since the pole in Interlagos

-------------------------------------------
I'm simply the best,nothing more to say ;)

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2011 07:14PM by senna9194.
we are pleased to be on fourth place.
we struggled in previous races, so we hope to have a better race performance.
Third is good. Hopefully reliability will be strong.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
9th is a decent position, considering that I didn't spend any perf points for the qualifying this time. With having spent some for the race, I hope that I might catch some positions in the race. It's a solid base position however.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
right ive run the race, just one point i would like to make. I set the magic data at 100% for everyone 2 stopping, yet one driver 1 stopped in this race. How would you guys like this to be dealt with, a penalty of how much? or just be left alone? or do a rerun? points are at stake with this decision ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2011 07:03PM by truecrysis.
IMO, the driver is already 'penalized' since he is on a higher fuel load/older tires - this should be taken in consideration. Since it occurred just one time now I would say - keep it the way it is.
If this gets more usual then we will need to take action.

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
Ok sorry about that just looked back over the race coverage, and the driver in question gained no big advantage from the 1 pit stop so it shall be left and i will post it up later ;-). However the question about penalty and such still remains open to opinion for future rounds.

Re: GPG Nations Cup - Round 8 Catalunya [Qualifying Up!]
Date: March 17, 2011 07:32PM
Posted by: icky
senna9194 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm simply the best,nothing more to say ;)

You do not have a wooden spoon though ;)

@True about the 1 stop same as Snake it happened in an earlier race but normally it hinders them more than helps them
I agree with that as well. Normally 1 stoppers have a disadvantage because of the higher fuel and older tires. I don't think that we need an extra penalty in this case. The only case where we could think about an exception is at tracks like Monaco, where it is nearly impossible to overtake. There a missing stop could be a big advantage. Maybe we could think about a 10-15 seconds time penalty there. But in all other cases it's really not worth the effort.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2011 07:45PM by JohnMaverick.
Sucks to be that team then, it's a game bug in fact, not a team error. If the game draws your team to do a 1 stopper, it should be left as it is, even if it gained an advantage. It's not fair to put up a time penalty in my eyes.
Well, but it's also not fair on tracks like Monaco, when this 1 stopper gains a big advantage because of this bug, only because all others behind him don't even have the possibility to overtake. As said before, on normal tracks there is no big advantage for 1 stoppers, but Monaco definitely is a special case.

JohnMaverick Schreef:
> Well, but it's also not fair on tracks like
> Monaco, when this 1 stopper gains a big advantage
> because of this bug, only because all others
> behind him don't even have the possibility to
> overtake. As said before, on normal tracks there
> is no big advantage for 1 stoppers, but Monaco
> definitely is a special case.

I would say look at it one race at a time, depending on race length, weather, and start/finish position.

Team Netherlands

Team Netherlands have called a press conference after the race in Spain. No details have been revealed, rumor has it that there is a big change at the team.
Further info will be known soon after the race.

MDBSnake Wrote:
> Team Netherlands
>
> Team Netherlands have called a press conference
> after the race in Spain. No details have been
> revealed, rumor has it that there is a big change
> at the team.
> Further info will be known soon after the race.

Your not urmm quitting are you? ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy